LaMarcus Joyner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think I'm wanting to see more than a few series of the first pre-season game where the defense as a whole looked sloppy before throwing Joyner under the bus. I liked how he flashed last year and I think the kid is a gamer. I think they'll figure out how to best use him and he is going to make some people pay while forcing some turn-overs. Just my prediction - nothing more.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Joyner looks good this game.
Fundamentally sound on every play.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Joyner looks good this game.
Fundamentally sound on every play.
Only poor play I've seen so far from him was when he tried to knock out the runner on the sideline and almost whiffed. Other than that... pretty solid.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Very impressed with Joyner this game. Hitting hard, aggressive, breaking up passes. I like it.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Have you actually read this topic, or are you posting a reply just to post a reply? Suggestion: start at pg 1 and make your way to the latest response. You will find that everyone has an opinion, all valid mind you; and Hometown just explained it yet again.

Yes, I have read the whole thread and I've watched the play of our second rounder. I've also watched him get beat out of a position by a sixth round pick that would still have him on the bench if not for an injury. So your condescending post was off base.

That said, I was happy to see Joyner start to play better after starting this game out with sloppy coverage and poor tackling. He corrected those things as the game went on and that's more than you can say for most of his team mates in this sloppy mess of a game. I will happily eat crow on Joyner if he keeps playing well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, I have read the whole thread and I've watched the play of our second rounder. I've also watched him get beat out of a position by a sixth round pick that would still have him on the bench if not for an injury. So your condescending post was off base.

That said, I was happy to see Joyner start to play better after starting this game out with sloppy coverage and poor tackling. He corrected those things as the game went on and that's more than you can say for most of his team mates in this sloppy mess of a game. I will happily eat crow on Joyner if he keeps playing well.

What a ridiculous criticism. Joyner isn't getting the job done because E.J. Gaines is a steal?

By your logic, Drew Brees isn't getting the job done because he wouldn't beat out Tom Brady if they were on the same team. After all, Brees was a second round pick and Brady was a 6th round pick.

E.J. Gaines played like a first round pick last year. Joyner shouldn't be criticized because Gaines outplayed his draft position. E.J. Gaines isn't a "6th round pick," he's E.J. Gaines. LaMarcus Joyner isn't a "2nd round pick," he's LaMarcus Joyner. Their draft positions mean nothing now. The question is...can they play? Gaines can. We'll see about Joyner.

There are valid criticisms of Joyner but this is not one of them.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shouldn't we expect our second round picks to out play our sixth round picks?
Sure but then every once in a while 6th round picks and UDFA actually are good and become All Pro's, heck a couple are even in the Hall of Fame.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just so we're all clear...we all hope Joyner can become a player...but

Joyer not only lacks speed and size, he also doesn't have great footwork or technique....It results in easy completions, 3rd down conversions...the slot corner really needs a nice athlete with excellent technique /anticipation skills to be successful...Check the list of guys (wrs) that dominate in the slot...no wimps there...

He seems like a great guy....

Turn him into a coach, but keep him off the field.

Where? Show me, point them out!!!!
So do we still cut him and turn him into a coach after his 2nd preseason game?

WestCoastRam

Legend
Much more impressed with Joyner this game. We'll see which version of him shows up this season I guess. 1st preseason game or 2nd one.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think he is out of position, but I think he has immense potential. He is a great tackler and hits like a truck, especially with his size. I think he will be fine. He is gonna get burned here and there, but it happens. EJ beat him out because EJ was severely under valued coming out of college. He was the best corner in the SEC his senior year which probably means he was one of the best in the nation. He lacks speed, but has great size and instincts. He would have beat out ANY 1st round pick that year.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I just think you guys are by far jumping the gun on Joyner. He hasn't even played 16 games in his career yet. Let him play.

I don't mean to say I told you so, but it's true. Joyner had an awesome game last night. As fans we need to stop giving up on players and saying they could never be this or that. I'm guilty of it too, as I did with Quick and other players.

I think this guy will surprise many in what he can do. He's a damn good football player. He just needs to get out there and learn, and he's doing that. You can already see him being more confident in what he's doing, there was no thinking on the play last night.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So do we still cut him and turn him into a coach after his 2nd preseason game?
can you say bounce back game...ahahahahahah...lol
he looked good man...but...that's a rookie QB....ahahahahahah...but there is hope...