Lamarcus Joyner on the Rams’ “Very Aggressive” Defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Really hoping he turns into a player. Would love to have him in the locker room for years to come.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
With his playmaking ability and his engaging enthusiasm and charisma, it's easy to see Joyner becoming a fan favorite around here. Now do we put him in the slot or at safety.... hmmm...

He's going in the slot. Fishers already said it. Basically filling Finnegans spot.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
He's going in the slot. Fishers already said it. Basically filling Finnegans spot.

Yeah, that's what I had in mind until a few days ago when I saw this.

http://www.tonysoftli.com/2014/06/08/bradford-looking-good-otas/

"Cornerbacks Janoris Jenkins and Trumaine Johnson are currently penciled in on the first unit, but backup Brandon McGee has turned a lot of heads. Greg Reid, E.J. Gaines and Darren Woodard are learning fast, too. The back end of the defense features T.J. McDonald leading the way, but look for this position to be a true dog fight throughout training camp and the preseason. Rodney McLeod, Mo Alexander, Cody Davis and the very talented Lamarcus Joyner, whose versatility to man several positions in the secondary makes him so valuable, are among those vying for the second safety spot."

I'm not sure why Softli was grouping Joyner with the safeties but he did. And he's one of the few media types who is really covering the Rams OTAs. Perhaps there is suddenly a lot of competition for that slot corner with McGee "turning heads", and the Rams think they can put a more talented team on the field with Joyner at S? Take it for what it's worth....

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
Maybe the thought process is that if Joyner won the starting FS job AND was the slot CB, he'd be able to stay on the field all the time.

F. Mulder

Starter
I LOVE all the talk about being aggressive etc but I always want aggression, especially from younger players, to be of the controlled variety and not just flying around missing tackles and getting burned on pump fakes etc.

lockdnram21

Legend
JT said yesterday in his article about cortland that Joyner has been doing a lot of work at fs