Lamarcus Joyner and Tavon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Joyner is proving me wrong. I still think he could use some work in coverage but his closing speed and tackling seem perfect for the defense that Williams wants them to execute.

Tavon is also starting to prove me wrong. I still think he was overdrafted but he is progressing as a receiver.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Joyner is proving me wrong. I still think he could use some work in coverage but his closing speed and tackling seem perfect for the defense that Williams wants them to execute.

Tavon is also starting to prove me wrong. I still think he was overdrafted but he is progressing as a receiver.

Joyner has become such a sure tackler and he has tremendous aggression for his size.

If Tavon plays like he has so far, I think he is everything we could have asked for in drafting him. He is a very respectable slot receiver, he adds a dimension to our run game, and he is a wizard on punt returns.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Agree @Elmgrovegnome

Joyner is a tackling machine....needs work on coverage...probably just experience...

Tavon is Tavoning....on the big stage...happy to be wrong about him...but now I wanna see it every game..glad to see him in the trips formation finally, running slants....toughest thing to stop IMO...

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Joyner has become such a sure tackler and he has tremendous aggression for his size.

This is what I like about him but also makes me worry that he can stay healthy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agree @Elmgrovegnome

Joyner is a tackling machine....needs work on coverage...probably just experience...

Tavon is Tavoning....on the big stage...happy to be wrong about him...but now I wanna see it every game..glad to see him in the trips formation finally, running slants....toughest thing to stop IMO...

Schott had 400 plays in his book but none of them Tavon in trips, running slants etc,.. How?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

Then pull your damn pants up, turn around and high-five 'em!

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Loved Tavon coming around and handing off to Gurley. That really freaked with the Cards. Then we can fake it to Gurly and bomb it. This needs to be a base theme for us. Kinda reminds me of the Auburn offense back when Mason and GRob were there. Cig is really figuring it out.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Not surprised with Joyner's progress. An athletic dude with lots of aggression. Snisher knows how to evaluate defensive talent. If they thought enough of Joyner to draft him highly that was all I needed to know to believe.

Pleasantly surprised with Tavon. It was obvious he was being used poorly by Shotty. But I did not think he'd be on pace for a breakout year THIS big. Dude deserves some major credit for the work he put in this off season. You hear reports of players perfecting their craft every summer. Often they are a bunch of smoke. Not so here.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think people need to be mindful of what Tavon does. We're going to get excited after a big game like this and we should be. But you have to keep in mind that the Cardinals play A LOT of man coverage and Tavon is the perfect man-beater. Against zone coverage, it'll be tougher sledding. I think he's proving that he's a MUCH better player this year but people need to not jump down his throat if he doesn't follow up the Arizona game with another monster game. Sometimes, the defense just won't give it to you.