Ladies and Gentlemen, here's what the TST editor thinks of the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
This whole article just seems like a parody. It has a facetious tone to it, and I hope that's the case.

Fan forecast by Ryan Van Bibber:

It’s easy to for the rest of the NFL world to laugh at Jeff Fisher. His commitment to Blades-style sunglasses and Gregg Williams, fealty to The Shield, and an undying loyalty for doing things the 1985 Bears way makes him a little anachronistic in this golden age of football nerds like Chip Kelly and Marc Trestman revolutionizing pro football with a focus on offensive innovation … BORING.

For the St. Louis Rams, Fisher might as well be Vince Lombardi. Owner Stan Kroenke needed a name to breathe some life into his investment, er, football team, and nobody can turn a 2-14 squad into a solid 7-9 team like the mustachioed one.

This year’s Rams team might be one of the most talented squads they’ve had on the field in a decade. Most of that talent is concentrated on the defensive line. Robert Quinn and Chris Long bookend what might be the deepest group in the NFC West, which naturally means the deepest group in all of pro football. Things start to get questionable behind them. Williams is going to have to put together his best PowerPoint yet to get the secondary and the linebackers squared away.

But let’s talk about the offense, because that’s what really separates the Rams from the rest of the teams in the division.

As part of the team’s commitment to improving, they one-upped Dan Snyder and hired two team bloggers and bought out (unofficially) the city’s largest sports talk radio station to tell us how amazing Kenny Britt is going to be this year. No NFL player has ever made a slam dunk HOF case in training camp as this group, at least that’s what I’ve been told through official channels. It’s worth reminding you at this point that the front office compared Brian Quick to Terrell Owens.

The 12th Man ain’t got nothing on the Rams’ hubris.

That’s not really the problem, not even quarterback Sam Bradford, the cardboard cutout of Kerry Collins they’re paying $76 million to execute elite check downs. Two-thirds of the offensive line will be on injured reserve by Dec. 1, but even that’s not the biggest problem the Rams have.

The biggest problem for the Rams is offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, the poster boy for Peter King’s version of the NFL as America’s ultimate meritocracy. His offensive playbook has thoroughly confused Tavon Austin — ok, that’s not really hard to do — which features six eligible receivers running a complex web of short crosses, hitches and slants that he probably envisioned during a marathon night of bong hits and Three Stooges VHS tapes his dad gave him to stay the fuck out of the way.

Weirdly enough, Fisher, who fetishizes ball control, might be the one who can keep his OC from totally screwing things up by telling him just to run the damn ball with Zac Stacy … which is exactly what happened last season and kind of worked.

All of this sounds really negative, and I’ll spend the rest of the afternoon blocking heels in my timeline convinced that the Rams are going to the Super Bowl this year. This includes the roughly five percent of the local population that actually cares more about the Rams than the Cardinals (BEST FANS IN BASEBALL) and a bunch of people from L.A., the city that this team really belongs to if it hadn’t been owned for a time by a caricature of a bad sports owner, who got the city and county of St. Louis to spend millions on the team every year instead of local schools or firemen or, you know, training area police officers not to be murderers.

Everyone’s going to ask why I hate the Rams so much. And the sad answer is that I don’t. Why would anyone spend every day since 2006 writing about a team whose most exciting season since then includes Scott Linehan? In a sad way, I think it’s more fun to love a shitty team. At least it gives you a healthy place to put your pathos. Plus, at this point, I’m honestly a little scared of winning, unfamiliar territory and all that.

So, I’ll predict that the Rams finish 8-8 because they play in the NFC West and the pieces just aren’t there yet for Fisher to stumble into one of his 10-6 seasons.

Read more: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/08/ksk-2014-nfl-prekkake-st-louis-rams.html#ixzz3AyBGZr7u

jjab360

Legend
I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or if he really is just a douche

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or if he really is just a douche

That's what I'm saying. I truly think he doesn't enjoy covering the Rams. If you read his articles on the NFL as a whole, some of them are actually pretty good. But his Ram articles are just junk.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
While I don't care for the context of what he is saying. It really is terrifically written. He made several good points as well. But I think he sounds like a cry ass emo kid spouting about how no one likes him while he writes out his suicide cards for wicked sweet youtube video with an ominously sad tune to cover the laughter of his younger sibling who just happened to walk by and peak into the un-closed door just long enough to get a glimpse of the show. GO RAMS

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reads suspiciously similar to the deadspiin piece.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I look at TST regularly, I love most articles.. But the ones by RVB, I just skip over. Barbs everywhere

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
While I don't care for the context of what he is saying. It really is terrifically written. He made several good points as well. But I think he sounds like a cry ass emo kid spouting about how no one likes him while he writes out his suicide cards for wicked sweet youtube video with an ominously sad tune to cover the laughter of his younger sibling who just happened to walk by and peak into the un-closed door just long enough to get a glimpse of the show. GO RAMS

So kind of like finishing last in a race and still getting a completion ribbon. I think this one needs the good job, good effort kid.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
WTF... I couldn't even tell who's side he was on and after all that banter and bullshit he ends it with 8-8. douchebag

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Plus, at this point, I’m honestly a little scared of winning, unfamiliar territory and all that.

I'm not sure what to make of that. Has he only been a fan since 2006?

PhxRam

I don't get it. Help?

you can change your avatar image by going to avatar.. you then can upload a image to make yourself unique.

screenshot_398.png

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Plus, at this point, I’m honestly a little scared of winning, unfamiliar territory and all that.

I'm not sure what to make of that. Has he only been a fan since 2006?

So this reminds me of the TV show Dexter.
When he puts out that manifesto to confuse the whole police task force that's looking over his case.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
"No NFL player has ever made a slam dunk HOF case in training camp as this group, at least that’s what I’ve been told through official channels. "

Which official would that be?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He's pretty accessible on twitter, anyone ask him?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Cool story bro. Way to write a lazy article that incorporates just about every forum whiner's cliche'd laments about Fisher, Schott, etc. I guess it is easier to whine about the past and try to use it as a crutch for the future than to actually put in the work to describe THIS team's growth and possibilities for the upcoming season. Like I said....lazy.

FRO

Legend
I think he is still mad we didn't dump Bradford and draft Manziel. I think that's the root of it.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
Some readers don't want a bunch of fluffy predictions and this didn't have that. However the creative writing and sarcasm was a bit too verbose...kind of piling it on needlessly like predicting O-line getting hurt, etc. Not real analysis, more like reading one of Bernie's column's after a bad loss and needing to come up with 200 words before happy hour..