Lack of EXPLOSIVE runs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Put me in the camp that expected (post SJ) more explosive runs. I am surprised by the lack of running yardage as a whole, but particularly the lack of big runs.

I expected a few by now.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well when you got subpar RBs...that's what you get.

A55VA6

Legend
I know he's small... but give Tavon Austin more carries. Line him up back there and do a playaction fake or have him be the check down. I think Tavon in the backfield is something we need to do MORE.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:

With all the flaws I feared in them... explosive runs was not one of them. That's my take, anyway. I expected some big runs because of their speed (something SJ lacked).

RamzFanz

Damnit
Why were they running Cunningham on 3rd and 14 instead of Pead? Is that what he's built for?

Pead played well today. If they believe in him, why didn't they use him out of the gate?!? We pretty much KNOW Cunningham is a situational guy and not a primary.

This smells just like not letting Sam run the hurry up. Too sure of their own ideas to use the proper player in the proper scheme.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
RamzFanz said:
This smells just like not letting Sam run the hurry up. Too sure of their own ideas to use the proper player in the proper scheme.

This is my biggest fear with Fisher and Co.

Angry Ram

CGI_Ram said:
Angry Ram said:

With all the flaws I feared in them... explosive runs was not one of them. That's my take, anyway. I expected some big runs because of their speed (something SJ lacked).

Can't be explosive trying to run b/w the tackles each time w/ these guys.

Where are the pitches or stretch plays to get them out in space so they can use their speed? There aren't any.

A55VA6

Legend
RamzFanz said:
Why were they running Cunningham on 3rd and 14 instead of Pead? Is that what he's built for?

Pead played well today. If they believe in him, why didn't they use him out of the gate?!? We pretty much KNOW Cunningham is a situational guy and not a primary.

I feel like they held back with some players and other things today to help the team recover for Thursday. Not saying that's an excuse for the loss though. We were terrible.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Angry Ram said:
CGI_Ram said:
Angry Ram said:

Can't be explosive trying to run b/w the tackles each time w/ these guys.

Where are the pitches or stretch plays to get them out in space so they can use their speed? There aren't any.

Can't argue with that.

I'm biting my tongue really hard right now to prevent repeating the same stuff. Schotty blows right now.

Angry Ram

YOU'RE biting your tongue? I said in the chat I'd have to be really careful otherwise I'd get banned.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Angry Ram said:
YOU'RE biting your tongue? I said in the chat I'd have to be really careful otherwise I'd get banned.

:lmao: