LaCanfora: Why the Rams should explore the trade market for Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
BTW - Woah! Talk about a face for radio and news print. Oh... and nice bookshelf Jason.

I'm just going to guess that the Rams already have a feel for what they could get from a few other clubs. They also probably realize that if they actually did send out feelers, it would leak out to the press. And for what? So they could trade Sam to a team that sees what many other GMs and coaches already see in him and reap a pick that might get them a QB from THIS draft crop? Introducing your starting QB for the next two seasons - Shaun Hill.

Sam's contract is not crippling us this next season. And if it does the following one it is likely because he has shown that he is a franchise QB. Y'know - that ever elusive player that every team wants and will break the bank to have and hold?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
No matter where you come down on Bradford's tenure, the fact is that since he came into the league, among all quarterbacks with at least 500 attempts, Bradford ranks 29th in passer rating (just behind Kevin Kolb, Jason Campbell and Josh Freeman), he ranks 32nd in completion percentage (tucked between Campbell and Colt McCoy), he ranks 36th in yards per attempt at 6.29 (tucked between Christian Ponder and McCoy, and behind Brandon Weeden and Mark Sanchez), and he ranks 20th in TD/INT ratio (he betters guys like Jay Cutler and Cam Newton in that regard, it should be noted).
Really? Are we really going to compare Sam to the likes of Kolb, McCoy, Ponder & Weeden. C'mon, this is where someone who has a brain stops exclusively relying on stats to evaluate talent.

What was the purpose of this article??? Really, why was it written and published?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Really? Are we really going to compare Sam to the likes of Kolb, McCoy, Ponder & Weeden. C'mon, this is where someone who has a brain stops exclusively relying on stats to evaluate talent.

What was the purpose of this article??? Really, why was it written and published?
Gotta put words on paper in order to get paid.

iced

Gotta smoke less lol.

Just realized I meant Kevin Kolb - not Flynn

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I'm a little bit disappointed.

I usually expect a Miklasz level dose of vitriol for any writer who dares suggest the Bradford may not be the answer in St. Louis. It's usually a pretty entertaining read.

The last few responses have been better, but the rest of you really need to step-up your game in the LaCanfora is a dumb-ass department.

me either - but that was my point.seattle gave up a 2nd and a huge contract but still drafted wilson.. didnt they trade for whitehurst too?

Arizona were the ones who traded for Kolb, he was injury prone (and sucked) so they signed Parmer as a FA, which worked out OK.

Yeah they did trade for Whitehurst, maybe NFL teams are just idiots.

I'm a little bit disappointed.

I usually expect a Miklasz level dose of vitriol for any writer who dares suggest the Bradford may not be the answer in St. Louis. It's usually a pretty entertaining read.

The last few responses have been better, but the rest of you really need to step-up your game in the LaCanfora is a dumb-ass department.

Yeah that's because everyone is coming round to the idea that Bradford sucks and is the worst thing ever to happen to the Rams.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Yeah that's because everyone is coming round to the idea that Bradford sucks and is the worst thing ever to happen to the Rams.

So there's some sort of Body Snatchers Bernie Miklasz pod people take over at work here?

If you see Donald Sutherland, don't say hi to him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is just pre-draft filler, to be honest.
You've even got Jim Miller out there now telling Pat Kirwan that the Browns should get with the Giants to trade for Eli Manning.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
My first thought as well. Jason La Canfora has become more and more a tool over the years. I'm thinking he's coming down Berniecitis

Isn't that the illness where your rectal nerves and optical nerves get crossed up and you develop a shitty outlook on everything?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
"(And, to be perfectly clear, in this era of extremely selective reading comprehension, let me state this unequivocally: I am NOT reporting the Rams are shopping Bradford. I am NOT reporting the Rams are even considering shopping Bradford. I'm not reporting anything in that regard. I am merely positing that a case could be made that based on his age, contract and Bradford's potential relative value economically and cap-wise, that dealing Bradford and finding a replacement in the draft might advance the franchise given his stunted production and injury woes to this point.)"

I can agree that there is often extremely selective reading comprehension but he should of added that there is also extremely piss-poor article writing lacking much substance at all.

I can also agree that LaCanFora is not reporting anything!

I do agree though that if you were to consider trading Bradford, the time is now because if he has a bad season, you won't get anything for him and if he has a good season, you are going to have to pay him top QB money again. But like already stated, who the hell do you plan on replacing him with if you deal him away? One of these rookies? please wake the frig up! Hill? He might shock the world but for how long, two seasons? You might as well drop your life savings on odd/even, red/black on the roulette table and spin the wheel.

Speeps

Starter
Excuse me, but this is poor journalism. The Rams should trade their 25/26 year old QB to get compensation, but that's not the flaw in his logic. The flaw comes when he admit that there's a negative view of the QB class this year. So Mr. Lacanfora, after I trade my QB, what do I do for the QB position? Do I just draft one of the QB's that you admit may not be up to par?

This is just sad on so many levels.