LaCanfora: Rams To Be Issued "A Few More Years of Lumps"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Sometimes the "experts" overlook the obvious.

I'm not saying that the Rams should be favored over either the Seahawks or Cards. They shouldn't.

And yet...

They swept the Seahawks and split with the Cards last year, including winning in Arizona.

They were 4-2 in the NFC West, for crying out loud!

With Foles and Keenum as starters! Musical chairs at OL, Gurley for only 11 games, TJM for 11, Quinn for only 8, Ogletree for only 4, and handicapped by the declining play of Long, Cook, and J Lau.

Despite all that, they finished 7-9.

Now they've added Goff, Higbee, Cooper, and Thomas to their O.

LaCanfora may not yet respect the Rams, but I have NO doubt that the Seahawks, Cards, and Niners sure do.

bbach

UDFA
I attended the 1989 NFC Championship game in which the league let guys wearing horns participate. (I guess that is debatable. They looked pretty bad that day.) They '80s were pretty successful. It Hit the fan in '90.

But you have a point Bach. We have had a culture of losing and deserve most criticism and doubt.

How do you think we will do this year? I still say 11-5.

Boy I am not sure I feel that good. 11-5 would be a dream come true. I'm afraid I lack confidence in the owner and in his management team of Fisher/snead/demoff. I'm thinking we fight hard in our division but end up a sad 8-8 overall. We have some fun players to watch now though. Something to look forward to. I hope I'm wrong and you are right.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sometimes the "experts" overlook the obvious.

I'm not saying that the Rams should be favored over either the Seahawks or Cards. They shouldn't.

And yet...

They swept the Seahawks and split with the Cards last year, including winning in Arizona.

They were 4-2 in the NFC West, for crying out loud!

With Foles and Keenum as starters! Musical chairs at OL, Gurley for only 11 games, TJM for 11, Quinn for only 8, Ogletree for only 4, and handicapped by the declining play of Long, Cook, and J Lau.

Despite all that, they finished 7-9.

Now they've added Goff, Higbee, Cooper, and Thomas to their O.

LaCanfora may not yet respect the Rams, but I have NO doubt that the Seahawks, Cards, and Niners sure do.
See, that is how I see things. I mean, all teams have injured players return, and all teams stock up with new guys, but you just summarized our reasons for optimism very well.

We are headed for a perfect storm for success. I don't see the cynical 8-8 thing, unless we have disastrous injuries.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't watch the video (work)... but I do believe it'll take a year or two to understand whether we hit gold on the most important position in football.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Side note: Has any human in history looked MORE like a tadpole than LaCanfora?

aed45b67670e44cfb5e948eea9997cc8.jpeg

Fetal alcohol syndrome comes to mind.

I'm glad all of the pundits are seemingly counting us out. Everyone always picks us as the "spooky" team (it's even a long-standing joke in r/nfl) and we always come up short. It'll be nice to come out of nowhere like we did in '99.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I did not catch his video but frankly the Rams organization deserves every bit of criticism it gets until they finally actually do something. Think about it. Since 1985, the Rams have had what, three - four good years, all the greatest show on turf. I guess it does not matter how true anything is. The real truth is our organization has largely sucked. But like any dumb fan, I hope this is the year we "start" to turn it around.

Cant argue against any of that. IMO the Rams have never recovered from georgia running the franchise into the ground and moving them to STL. The GSOT was in spite of georgia and her cronies, a perfect storm. But now that Stan has returned them to their rightful home, it is time to recover. And get back to the winning ways of the LA days.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
The GSOT was in spite of georgia and her cronies, a perfect storm.

Yup. What if the Colts never sent us Faulk? He was the centerpiece of that offense; its no coincidence that when he was unavailable, our team crashed and burned. Warner, too. Vermeil and Martz were essential to each other as well-- kind of balanced each other out. Mad Mike couldn't draft to save his life.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yup. What if the Colts never sent us Faulk? He was the centerpiece of that offense; its no coincidence that when he was unavailable, our team crashed and burned. Warner, too. Vermeil and Martz were essential to each other as well-- kind of balanced each other out. Mad Mike couldn't draft to save his life.

When I lived back in Cleveland there was a sports show and I really liked the guy, he knew his stuff. He did an nearly an entire show on Faulk and said that in his opinion he was our generations Jim Brown. Meaning he was the best at the position in this generation bar none.

IMO had his knees held up he would have eventually ended any conversation about "who is the best RB ever". That question would be followed by "well other than Faulk I'd have to say (insert choice here)".

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Eh, writers gotta write something. They don't have to be right. Its not like there's accountability in their profession. Their opinions aren't going to change anything.

But I can understand the disrespect. We gotta start winning to earn that respect. We think this is the year but we gotta wait till the games start. So for now, I read things and either agree or disagree.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My unofficial NFC West prediction is as follows...
200.gif

This gif analogy is open to interpretation of course :D

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My unofficial NFC West prediction is as follows...
200.gif

This gif analogy is open to interpretation of course :D

I see. So a giant shark is going to eat the Seahawks, Whiners, Cardinals, and the Cheatriots (because why the hell not?). We win the division by default.