LA Rams receiver Brian Quick has come a long way to get back on track

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Gotta get open to get targeted...
I'm happy Quick is contributing, but he's got a long way to go before I see him being more than a JAG. I think its funny how excited some people are about him. Amazing what happens when expectations are real low

:blah::blah::blah::hatin:

jap

Legend
I'm happy Quick is contributing, but he's got a long way to go before I see him being more than a JAG. I think its funny how excited some people are about him. Amazing what happens when expectations are real low

Are you kidding? Quick was often running free in late 2013 with an injured Sam Bradford sidelined and playing with backup QB's who couldn't be trusted to find him. He was finally seriously starting to reach his potential when he was struck down by one of the most vicious injuries. Last year he was only a mere shell of himself, and this season we finally start to see him bouncing back. With Kenny on the other side and Todd sucking up almost all the D's attention in the backfield, do you have any idea how potent our receivers can be with a QB possessing and NFL arm, true accuracy, touch, and height can be?

Quick may not be open with respect to Case's arm talent, but let the Guy with the Golden Arm start lining up behind center, and I'll bet Quickie will be wide open almost every time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think I'm gonna look through the all-22 and see if this is a Brian thing, or a QB thing as it relates to the low targets.
I'll let you know what I find. Maybe a video, not sure yet.

BTW, I don't think anyone has low expectations.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not a matter of just how many targets he gets but also how many throws per game, the scheme and the game plans.

There is a lot more to it

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I have always like Quick. They knew when they drafted him he would need time. And he progressed on schedule then got hurt. Then he worked hard to get back and did. If he was in a better offense he would have really good stats.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Season still early. Need to see more before thinking he has turned the corner, but I will admit I have liked what I have seen. I was one of the people calling for him to be cut before the season started and will gladly eat the crow he has produced for so far.

jap

Legend
I have always like Quick. They knew when they drafted him he would need time. And he progressed on schedule then got hurt. Then he worked hard to get back and did. If he was in a better offense he would have really good stats.

IIRC, when Fish, Les, and our backup QB's went to workout the then draft prospect Brian Quick, the guy was like a human vacuum cleaner that sucked up every ball thrown to him but one (which was mis-thrown). The Rams got very silent about him and gambled that no other team was aware of Quick's existence or his burgeoning receiving talent until they drafted him with their pick at the top of the second round. With a true NFL-caliber starting QB, Brian may have begun paying back dividends by late 2013 as an emerging #1 class wide-out. With Sam's injuries and the shuffle of back-up QB's we have paraded since then, we now have to await the Advent of our 'Lord & Savior,' Jared Goff before we can begin to appreciate Brian's emerging realization of his potential.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I'm gonna look through the all-22 and see if this is a Brian thing, or a QB thing as it relates to the low targets.
I'll let you know what I find. Maybe a video, not sure yet.

BTW, I don't think anyone has low expectations.
How about simply looking at snaps?
I'm looking forward to seeing if we can get some production out of Cooper and Spruce and see how the distribution plays out.
Piece that seems to be missed here, as I've stated before, I'm happy with what Quick has brought. We've seen flashes before. So I'm tapping the brakes on taking victory laps

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again
Lets clarify....one injury...in your FIRST PROFESSIONAL GAME....yes, you are prone to injury....esp. in MY eyes....
Quick played 3 years before EVER missing a game to injury....Can we see the difference? You know who else is becoming injury prone to ME??? Cody Wichman...and I really like Cody, but guess what, I'm calling him baby Rodger Saffold around these parts....

Clear now?

Simple formula....put games played on the top....injuries on the bottom...anything = 1
Injury prone.... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Wait, I'm shakey at math now.....

What, you mad your boy SPRUCE! hasn't suited up? Higbee looking timid and first pass to Cooper a pick 6???? Please expound.....

I'm all for playing rookies....rookies that appear ready to play, that is.....

I'm clear on your position. I just disagree.

If a guy sustains only one injury in his entire 10 year career--doesn't matter if it's in his first game or last--you can't say he's "injury-prone." That could just be one freak occurrence. Gotta be more than one injury, so observers can determine frequency and the vulnerability of the body to repetitive injury. The rooks have never been injured in their entire careers, so we don't know the frequency or vulnerability. Quick has been hurt at least twice. So, if your label of "injury-prone" is to be used, as preposterous as it might be, it applies to him.

lockdnram21

Legend
He is getting open him and BRITT

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How about simply looking at snaps?
I'm looking forward to seeing if we can get some production out of Cooper and Spruce and see how the distribution plays out.
Piece that seems to be missed here, as I've stated before, I'm happy with what Quick has brought. We've seen flashes before. So I'm tapping the brakes on taking victory laps
Yeah i wasnt trying to prove you wrong or anything. I was just curious myself.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How can anyone dispute that Quick is better this year? However, people can't be blamed for calling him an under-performing BUST before this season. It's best for us all if he succeeds, cause that probably means success for the team...Now he just needs to do it all year without injury...

RamWoodie

Legend
I was in Quick's corner when he was drafted. It was Snead who got Fisher to go take a look at Quick. When Fisher saw him, he was immediately on board with drafting him. I had no clue how far behind he would be coming from Div 2 to the big stage. That was an eye opener for me. I really think it took him longer to get on board than even Snead and Fisher thought....but when it started to pay off...injury! He come over the injury hurdle...and now the Rams aren't settled at QB. Keenum just can't get his feet right consistently and his balls sails on him too many times. When you throw too tall for Quick and Britt...you got issues!!!

Quick is emerging again and I'm glad to see it. It also seems every week Boras is getting in plays that take advantage of Britt and Quick.

We may OR may not see Goff this year but when we do it's going to be good for all of our WRs...especially Quick!!!

Be reminded...."Patience is a virtue".

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was in Quick's corner when he was drafted. It was Snead who got Fisher to go take a look at Quick. When Fisher saw him, he was immediately on board with drafting him. I had no clue how far behind he would be coming from Div 2 to the big stage. That was an eye opener for me. I really think it took him longer to get on board than even Snead and Fisher thought....but when it started to pay off...injury! He come over the injury hurdle...and now the Rams aren't settled at QB. Keenum just can't get his feet right consistently and his balls sails on him too many times. When you throw too tall for Quick and Britt...you got issues!!!

Quick is emerging again and I'm glad to see it. It also seems every week Boras is getting in plays that take advantage of Britt and Quick.

We may OR may not see Goff this year but when we do it's going to be good for all of our WRs...especially Quick!!!

Be reminded...."Patience is a virtue".
There is truth to that, of course. But isn't there a shelf life for everything? Is it worth waiting until year five for a guy to just be decent? Did we have value in getting virtually nothing until this year, for the 33rd pick overall, in 2012?

Ashlon Jeffery and TY Hilton were taken after Quick, could you imagine getting 4 yrs of even mediocre production from them, due to the QB situation? They of course would flash every once in a while when our QB's had a decent day, so...

I would say no, waiting this long for production was not worth it...but we might as well enjoy it now...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
:mrburnsevil: I'll play!..... Long snapper?
you're getting warm.....

If a guy sustains only one injury in his entire 10 year career--doesn't matter if it's in his first game or last--you can't say he's "injury-prone."
well, lets be honest...if a guy gets hurt the first time he sees the field...in preseason...the first time he touches the ball...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, he'll be injured again...which Spruce & Cooper both did vs Dallas in the pre-season...Spruce hasn't played since....Cooper returned in the 3rd preseason game and was injured again...

If a player is lucky enough to play several seasons of pro ball, without missing a game due to injury....That's different. Say he plays 4 years..and then is injured in his 5th year...that is NOT injury prone..to me...and I'd expect that player to return....

The guys injured in the first game are different...of course in my opinion...and...get the dreaded injury prone label....

Quick has been hurt at least twice.
I've only seen one....the shoulder...If there has been another time, I'm curious to know when that was?

RamWoodie

Legend
There is truth to that, of course. But isn't there a shelf life for everything? Is it worth waiting until year five for a guy to just be decent? Did we have value in getting virtually nothing until this year, for the 33rd pick overall, in 2012?

Ashlon Jeffery and TY Hilton were taken after Quick, could you imagine getting 4 yrs of even mediocre production from them, due to the QB situation? They of course would flash every once in a while when our QB's had a decent day, so...

I would say no, waiting this long for production was not worth it...but we might as well enjoy it now...
That would depend on the coaching staff. I happen to think you can't just compare Quick to those drafted with him without looking at everything...but there's no need to rehearse all that.

I think we have to wait before we say Quick has been vindicated...but as the post says "he's come a long way".