LA Rams Draft Lab

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
If I ever pull Stan Kroenke from a burning building, promptly him to grant me one wish of access to the team, I’d wish for an invite to the draft lab/war room. How awesome would that be?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If I ever pull Stan Kroenke from a burning building, promptly him to grant me one wish of access to the team, I’d wish for an invite to the draft lab/war room. How awesome would that be?

I used to think that I’d like being a scout, but I don’t know if I could handle so much rejection and failure. They work all year compiling stats and evaluations by watching games and tape, and bring all of it to the War Room with no idea if any of these players, that they spend so much time on, will even be in consideration by the GM until the board gets aligned. Then only a handful of these players get drafted by your team. After that, their job can hinge on the performance of these athletes that you decided were the right guys to pick.

Nowadays I think I’d like to just spend a few days in the draft house and just watch.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I have thought long and hard about this myself and I have concluded if I am granted one wish it would be access to the uniform creation department.
If my wish is granted I would then summarily drive the entire department into the sea and bring back the uniforms that made the Rams the envy of the NFL.
(Remember the Rams credo: we might not win every game but even in defeat we always look better than the other team!!)

Oh and a special heaping of scorn is reserved for the quisling that split the horns of best logo on the planet.
May he roast in infamy....

~ArkyRamsFan~

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I used to think that I’d like being a scout, but I don’t know if I could handle so much rejection and failure. They work all year compiling stats and evaluations by watching games and tape, and bring all of it to the War Room with no idea if any of these players, that they spend so much time on, will even be in consideration by the GM until the board gets aligned. Then only a handful of these players get drafted by your team. After that, their job can hinge on the performance of these athletes that you decided were the right guys to pick.

Nowadays I think I’d like to just spend a few days in the draft house and just watch.
Yeah, I've always thought of how amazing it would be to be NFL scout. Then you realize the bad parts of the job: low pay, having to be on the road 6 months of the year, living out of your car for a lot of the time, a shit ton of driving, etc. Maybe if the pay was good, it would be worth it, but being away from the family for half the year isn't worth it. That said, goddamn I love football and getting paid to watch it sounds incredible!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah, I've always thought of how amazing it would be to be NFL scout. Then you realize the bad parts of the job: low pay, having to be on the road 6 months of the year, living out of your car for a lot of the time, a shit ton of driving, etc. Maybe if the pay was good, it would be worth it, but being away from the family for half the year isn't worth it.
Sounds like the military. :laugh3:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What Stan should do is open up SoFi for the draft with the vendors and the whole nine. Have the draft room there in the Rams' offices in the stadium, then make the scouts and coaches available to the media and fans in an informal setting. Announce the picks on the oculus. Make a big scene out of it.

They could sell tickets to it, make them cheap and cap the crowd at gameday limits. Have live music on a stage on the field, etc. Or set up their own group discussing the picks, use some of the media with Rams greats rotating in.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
What Stan should do is open up SoFi for the draft with the vendors and the whole nine. Have the draft room there in the Rams' offices in the stadium, then make the scouts and coaches available to the media and fans in an informal setting. Announce the picks on the oculus. Make a big scene out of it.

They could sell tickets to it, make them cheap and cap the crowd at gameday limits. Have live music on a stage on the field, etc. Or set up their own group discussing the picks, use some of the media with Rams greats rotating in.

You know what? I'd be totally down for that. Have some of ROD's takes on the draft picks on the oculus.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He hasn't done it at SoFi that I recall but don't they usually have a draft party of some kind with some Legends in attendance?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He hasn't done it at SoFi that I recall but don't they usually have a draft party of some kind with some Legends in attendance?
I think they've sponsored a function once or twice since they went back to LA. Hard to remember. But maybe at one of the bars or something.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they've sponsored a function once or twice since they went back to LA. Hard to remember. But maybe at one of the bars or something.
I seem to remember something at an outdoor like stage/concert set up