LA Daily News Podcast: Gregg Williams, a resurgent secondary, and returning home

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Rams are 3-1, still on top of the NFC West, even as Southern California News Group writers Ryan Kartje and Jack Wang continue to wonder how. In this week’s podcast, the guys talk about the secondary’s resurgent showing in Arizona and how defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has pioneered the change. They also wonder if Brian Quick’s fast start is sustainable and if Rex Ryan will regret his 2014 comments about Aaron Donald.

View: https://soundcloud.com/insidetherams/episode-10-week-5-on-gregg

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
@-X- Have you listened to the LA Times podcast (I think it's called Rams Overtime).

I find the female host (Lindsey something or other) to be really irritating. Constantly talking over Gary Klein and going off on tangents that often have nothing to do with the NFL let alone the Rams.

I miss the Rams Addiction podcast. They did an excellent job

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@-X- Have you listened to the LA Times podcast (I think it's called Rams Overtime).

I find the female host (Lindsey something or other) to be really irritating. Constantly talking over Gary Klein and going off on tangents that often have nothing to do with the NFL let alone the Rams.

I miss the Rams Addiction podcast. They did an excellent job
No, I haven't heard that one yet.
Judging by your review, I'm probably not gonna either.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A few questions pop up to me in listening to this:
* In talking about our Defensive Coaching Staff, Why did they fail to mention Mike Singletary!?
* I'm not knowledgeable enough to deny it, But is what Williams is doing with the Rams "D" really a "Tampa 2" scheme!?
* Am I the only one who is 99.999% sure the Rams can be 6-1 at the Bye!?
* How many of you out their really think it would be a good idea for opposing D's to start Blitzing Keenum more!? I think it would be Stupid if they did! JMHO.
* On LeSean McCoy, He tends to want to run inside/up-the-middle, IF he try's that against Donald and Brockers "He'll get Burried!"

Finally I think passing more to Gurrrley is a Great idea, and I think,(Maybe I'm just being a Big Homer!) Gurrrley will have a Break-Out Rushing game this week against the Bills!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No one believes what they see from Quick...and I hate numbers quoted like: 8 catches out of 15 targets...without the knowledge of the actual throws he missed...57% catch-rate...OK....
Quick was on a show yesterday..actually Mike Florio interviewed him...He's a quiet guy...didn't wanna say much...all team, team, believes in me, team, love...you know...coach-speak coached up by an agent....lololololol...then I heard the dude from Cleveland..the guy that was a QB, but now a wide receiver...big dude...Pryor...Terrelle....and he was more well spoken...the Ohio State I guess...but guy went thru hell...and is a decent player, at QB, and had to move to wr...both players are great redemption stories...nobody doubts Pryor, but almost every announcer (and a bunch of my ROD bros) doubt Quick...and the main thing that these two both have, besides incredible athletic ability (don't trip, I know Pryor is superior to Quick, but Quick aint no joke) is they both are extremely hard workers...and, have that drive to succeed.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
A few questions pop up to me in listening to this:
* In talking about our Defensive Coaching Staff, Why did they fail to mention Mike Singletary!?
* I'm not knowledgeable enough to deny it, But is what Williams is doing with the Rams "D" really a "Tampa 2" scheme!?
* Am I the only one who is 99.999% sure the Rams can be 6-1 at the Bye!?
* How many of you out their really think it would be a good idea for opposing D's to start Blitzing Keenum more!? I think it would be Stupid if they did! JMHO.
* On LeSean McCoy, He tends to want to run inside/up-the-middle, IF he try's that against Donald and Brockers "He'll get Burried!"

Finally I think passing more to Gurrrley is a Great idea, and I think,(Maybe I'm just being a Big Homer!) Gurrrley will have a Break-Out Rushing game this week against the Bills!
Mike is really listed as some sort of def. advisers...but these two dick wads don't know that...
I'm sure the Tampa 2 is used when we have the 2 safety look...but I see more 46...with overloads using SS/WS/WLB
Dave, we're on pace to go 15-1....you need to set your goals higher bro!
While not actually blitzing, the stacking of the box (8 men), and falling for the PA fake is almost like a blitz, hence why our receivers have so much room early in games...hell, late in games too...
I expect a lot of pain for Shady this weekend...Seemed like the Cards RB's were scared to get hit too...so were the wrs

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
These guys are just OK. I think they dismiss the possibility of our offense gelling and becoming pretty effective over the next 4-5 games.

Sorry, gotta balance these fem-wads drive-by political swipe. Certainly, her Thighness deserves a rebuttal to these guys giving Trump air time:

Hillary.jpg