La Canfora's quick observation on Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

from Joy of Six: Bills, Rams among six joining parity playoff field; who's in and out?

By Jason La Canfora | CBS Sports NFL Insider
July 12, 2012

[Read the whole article here:]

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...-joining-parity-playoff-field-whos-in-and-out

I believe this is the year Sam Bradford puts it all together. This is a team that was a win away from the playoffs in 2010 and has the potential to step up. The schedule won't be as brutal this season and the injuries can't be as devastating.

Every year there is a team that comes out of nowhere, so give me the Rams in 2012

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Just read this article a couple of minutes ago. Though I appreciate the sentiment of Bradford coming into his own, I think it's just a bit too much onus put into the QB position. I've felt this way for a while now though.
I understand that the phrase "QB driven league" is the hottest cliche on the market now, but look at last years' Broncos, Texans, Ravens and Whiners. Schaub is in Houston, but let's face it Foster carried that team into the playoffs. Flacco is a good QB with a great arm, he lacks better judgement and overall football savvy.
I think Bradford will step up and I'll celebrate it. I don't think his performance will be anything beyond what Flacco and Smith offered their teams though, in the 3,000 yards 15-18 TD range. That'll put him in the middle of the pack statistically which I think is a good stepping stone after last year. I believe bigger and better things lie ahead, but the first year in Shotty's system doesn't line up for a jump into the top 10 of NFL QBs. I hope most of us are willing to accept that the heavy lifting will be done by the defense and a healthy dose of Steven Jackson.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I could live with what he says in that article.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yeah, I agree with most of what he said. There will be a lot of pressure on Bradford to perform, but his situation isn't very good right now, unless a lot of things change or mesh. I'm hoping they will.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think LaCanfora's entire thesis is that with a third of the league qualifying for the playoffs teams that hang around "average "through up and down years only need a few breaks one way or another and to get in or miss the playoffs, which is a reasonable POV .
I think given the younger roster we'll have that we'll be faster, have fewer injuries and offer Bradford options he hasn't had so we have a sluggers chance at post season play.