"L" stands for Loser

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The whiners really shouldn't worry. They'll be losers far before the Superbowl.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
If they wanted to take the L out of the Super Bowl, perhaps they shouldn't have spotted the Ravens a 28-6 lead.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
People have to much time on their hands in the offseason, so they over analyze and come up with silly things to fret over.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
People have to much time on their hands in the offseason, so they over analyze and come up with silly things to fret over.
Yup. Now watch Bad-dell react to it and change it to something that won't offend the poor darlings in SF. :rolleyes:

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Personally I agree that they should drop the roman numeral system for the naming convention. It was nice when it looked good up there with X V and Is, but no one uses it beyond that. I can see why they are looking at it. The NFL has done a masterful job of marketing itself over the years.

Beyond that, I don't really care.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Super Bowl 59 should make for some interesting comments.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
So SF should play in Super Bowls 59 and 509?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Personally I agree that they should drop the roman numeral system for the naming convention. It was nice when it looked good up there with X V and Is, but no one uses it beyond that. I can see why they are looking at it. The NFL has done a masterful job of marketing itself over the years.

Beyond that, I don't really care.
ABSOLUTELEY not until after that SB at least - if for no other reason than to not placate the PC idgets calling for this BS. There is no way you can give them and their ilk a win here. Besides, who really gives a damn besides some whiney asses in SF? Really? Keep some sort of history and tradition to the game. They're already effing with too much of that already.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
NFL ditches Roman numerals for Super Bowl 50 logo
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 4, 2014

superbowl50.jpg

For the first time since the fourth Super Bowl, no Roman numerals will be affixed to the 50th Super Bowl.

The NFL has released the logo for Super Bowl 50, which will take place in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2016, and the logo uses the Arabic numeral 50, rather than the Roman numeral L. Roman numerals have been used since Super Bowl V.

Representatives from the host committee had been lobbying the NFL to allow them to ditch the ‘L’ and it appears that they have succeeded. Perhaps some promotional materials for the game will use Super Bowl L, but most will use the official logo with its great big 50.

The NFL says Roman numerals are not disappearing for good, and the 2017 game will be Super Bowl LI.
Gee - didn't see this coming. Fucking DNA Rifle suckers.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wish the 9ers didn't come up with it because I like 50 more than L and am pretty much over the Roman numerals.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I don't care about what they use for 50... just as long as we're playing in the damned thing

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't tell the late Jack Webb from Dragnet they might be dropping the "L", he might give them a long lecture. Remember the Mark VII Limited at the end of the credits? He was making the Roman numerals kinda cool right about the same time they started using them for the Superbowl.

jjab360

Legend
So we had to sit through Super Bowl XXX (and all the jokes that came with it), but all San Fran had to do was whine in the right ears to get their way?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
So we had to sit through Super Bowl XXX (and all the jokes that came with it), but all San Fran had to do was whine in the right ears to get their way?
Not to mention SB XL,but yeah you're definitely not whining in the "right ears "now:oops: