L. Fitzgerald about to pass Isaac Bruce-career receiving yards

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Bummer. I was hoping Bruce would be able to hold onto #4 for longer because besides Larry there isn't anyone close who's still active. Even at his age (34) i thought Fitz would have another good year, but he's actually having another great year.

Fitzgerald is 142 yards away from putting Bruce into 5th place.
+ denotes Hall of famer
Capture.JPG

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah... watching the game Thursday night he’s still playing well. He will be #2 on the list soon.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah... watching the game Thursday night he’s still playing well. He will be #2 on the list soon.
He would have to avg 124 yds a game with 7 games left to catch T. Owens. Assuming he retires after this season...which i think is likely. He would definitely have to come back next year to catch Owens IMO.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Bummer. I was hoping Bruce would be able to hold onto #4 for longer because besides Larry there isn't anyone close who's still active. Even at his age (34) i thought Fitz would have another good year, but he's actually having another great year.

View attachment 22711
I was actually just talking to my coworkers about this. It is a bummer but if anyone is going to do it, Fitzgerald is a guy I respect greatly. He’s going to move up the list quickly now, and he will most likely solidify himself as #2 on the all time receiving yards list by this time next year and stay there for a very long time.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
He would have to avg 124 yds a game with 7 games left to catch T. Owens. Assuming he retires after this season...which i think is likely. He would definitely have to come back next year to catch Owens IMO.
I think he will return for one more year. He will be 35 next season, and if he finishes the year like he has been playing, I gotta think he will go one more year. Especially knowing where he can cement himself in history.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just watched a football life about him last night on NFL network. I gained a lot of respect for him and what he does away from the game . He is the real deal on and off the field.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think he will return for one more year. He will be 35 next season, and if he finishes the year like he has been playing, I gotta think he will go one more year. Especially knowing where he can cement himself in history.
I think that's the only reason he would return. It's very likely that Arians and/or Carson Palmer retires and/or that team gets blown up. I doubt Larry wants any part of that.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that's the only reason he would return. It's very likely that Arians and/or Carson Palmer retires and/or that team gets blown up. I doubt Larry wants any part of that.
He going to the patriots next year

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I hope Fitz goes somewhere else for 7 more seasons and breaks Jerry Rice’s records lol

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

+ denotes Hall of famer
View attachment 22711

Holt is the only guy in the top 20 that did it in 10 years. Wow!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think your right Mojo, he would have to come back to catch up to T.O., But he could still pas Randy Moss this year Too!!

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I just watched a football life about him last night on NFL network. I gained a lot of respect for him and what he does away from the game . He is the real deal on and off the field.
I saw it too. The guy is an amazing human being.

jap

Legend
Damn those early hamstring issues.

What's worst is that Bruce did not play with any elite QBs outside Special K. Marc Bulger was good; Chris Miller was also good, especially with the deep ball. Unfortunately, both Marc and Chris had multiple concussions that affected their play and forced them to retire earlier than they wanted to. Of course, Warner had the banged up hand problem and was effectively pushed off the GSOT team for Marc.

If Isaac had an elite QB talent for much of his career he would have been threatening Jerry Rice for WR statistical supremacy.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Larry Fitzgerald is tough as nails and a hell of a player. No shame in the reverend being passed by a player of his calibre.