L.a. Land Purchase Raises Stakes In Rams Stadium Talks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I happen to personally know one of the people he's dealing with in St. Louis...my godfather. I don't appreciate those comments at all

My point was to say Kroenke is a very shrewd and powerful businessman at the highest level. He deals with high powered people both nationally and internationally every day. And he has a staff of brilliant and cutthroat people working for him.

That's the type of smart I'm talking about.

No offense to anyone in StL who may be extremely smart, but they don't have resources and intellectual property that Kroenke has.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm scared Kroneke is gonna build a brand new K-Mart... I like Wal-Mart sooo much better.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
My point was to say Kroenke is a very shrewd and powerful businessman at the highest level. He deals with high powered people both nationally and internationally every day. And he has a staff of brilliant and cutthroat people working for him.

That's the type of smart I'm talking about.

No offense to anyone in StL who may be extremely smart, but they don't have resources and intellectual property that Kroenke has.
Alright, I realize I probably took that too personally. I think there's this perception by people who've never even visited St. Louis that it's a town of stupid hicks or something. My godfather is one of the people who are part of the negotiating and is actually quoted in the P-D article. I took it as an attack and when I perceive that my family is being attack I defend them. I shouldn't have been so defensive.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Alright, I realize I probably took that too personally. I think there's this perception by people who've never even visited St. Louis that it's a town of stupid hicks or something. My godfather is one of the people who are part of the negotiating and is actually quoted in the P-D article. I took it as an attack and when I perceive that my family is being attack I defend them. I shouldn't have been so defensive.

No worries.

I've been to StL several times for business and leisure. And I don't see it as a town of stupid hicks at all. Everyone should know that they have one of the best hospitals in the world, Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University, so there are a lot of highly educated people there. And StL also has the World Chess Hall of Fame in the Central West End, where I've visited last time out there, and you don't get many stupid hicks playing chess at that level.

The issue here is that Kroenke is in the big leagues of business, and StL is no match for him on a business level.

tonyl711

Starter
wasn't there a memo sent out not too long ago from the NFL stating that teams shouldn't go buy land in LA for a stadium site? that LAs rights belonged to the NFL and that they would be the ones deciding what happens in LA?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The only thing I know for sure is that Kroenke is smarter than anyone he is dealing with in StL.

My money is on Stan winning regardless of where he goes.
There is more to being a great business person than just being the smartest guy in the room. I know a lot of very, very smart people that are awful business people...and also know many very successful business people that if you were talking to them you'd think were morons.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Seriously now ,I gleened some things from the article that I think are at the least fun facts.
The land in question was bought in order to build a Wal Mart,which was voted OUT by the people of that surrounding area,so those people have already given the Walton extended family a kick in the nuts,I'm not saying Stan is vindictive but 60 acres would make a nice hog farm:bigup:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Well it's obvious how the media is interpreting this transaction. Just got an update on my phone about this. Of course all it said Stan purchased 60 acres near Los Angeles. You know what they're saying...

I would also like to point out that Stan purchased the Chrysler plant outside STL a while back. It didn't get near the attention as this. I think it's a great spot for a stadium but only because I wouldn't ever have to go into the city lol.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It sure sounds like a leverage deal to me. A shot across the bow as it were. I think Stan will end up building a stadium in St Louis metro but it would be extremely unwise for him to sit back and see what they come up with all on their onesies. He is smart to put another log on the fire.

Now if the people negotiating for the city of St Louis truly are unconcerned, they are IMO making a huge mistake. I can't believe Stan is going to just take a wait and see type position. He holds and will keep the upper hand until the deal is done.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Seriously now ,I gleened some things from the article that I think are at the least fun facts.
The land in question was bought in order to build a Wal Mart,which was voted OUT by the people of that surrounding area,so those people have already given the Walton extended family a kick in the nuts,I'm not saying Stan is vindictive but 60 acres would make a nice hog farm:bigup:
You know Inglewood - right? Thinking hog farm is a bit out of the question unless you mean O-linemen.:heh:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
It sure sounds like a leverage deal to me. A shot across the bow as it were. I think Stan will end up building a stadium in St Louis metro but it would be extremely unwise for him to sit back and see what they come up with all on their onesies. He is smart to put another log on the fire.

Now if the people negotiating for the city of St Louis truly are unconcerned, they are IMO making a huge mistake. I can't believe Stan is going to just take a wait and see type position. He holds and will keep the upper hand until the deal is done.

Chris Regnier ‏@chrisregniertv1h
Mayor Francis Slay says Kroenke land deal "got our attention" and that keeping the Rams in Stl is significant to the region.#stl@fox2now.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Well it's obvious how the media is interpreting this transaction. Just got an update on my phone about this. Of course all it said Stan purchased 60 acres near Los Angeles. You know what they're saying...

I would also like to point out that Stan purchased the Chrysler plant outside STL a while back. It didn't get near the attention as this. I think it's a great spot for a stadium but only because I wouldn't ever have to go into the city lol.
Here's a thought. What if Kroenke's intention is to develop the Chrysler plant site, but he's getting flak from the CVA; that they want any stadium to be in the city. In essence, he could be saying there are worse things than not having a football stadium in the city proper. Don't push me.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

So you are saying Kroenke is KP development cuz I thought the K stood for Kaman?

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/09/25/kp-development-to-buy-former-chrysler-plant-in-fenton/