Kyle Shanahan coming in for a visit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It really proves nothing to keep posting that he lost three jobs as OC. It's not going to make anyone who likes him go "Oh... I guess he was bad" because we're not looking at JUST that he lost those jobs.

I concur, however, it needs to be communicated that he left because they did not want to keep him he would have stayed on otherwise especially in Chicago with his good friend Lovie Smith. IMO, it is crucial to point out that Martz did not set the world on fire in his last three stops thus leading to an early retirement plus the fact that he's not the easiest to work with just adds to him no longer being on everyone's list.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I concur, however, it needs to be communicated that he left because they did not want to keep him he would have stayed on otherwise especially in Chicago with his good friend Lovie Smith. IMO, it is crucial to point out that Martz did not set the world on fire in his last three stops thus leading to an early retirement plus the fact that he's not the easiest to work with just adds to him no longer being on everyone's list.
He may have not set the world on fire (which I think has a lot more to do with his choice in positions taken rather than his performance), but that doesn't mean he DESERVED to be fired.

But I think just mentioning that he was let go from 3 positions and pretending that says something in and of itself is only telling half the story (at best).

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I would seriously consider Roman. I know we're all Rams fans, but no way should our hatred of the 49ers blind us to his success.

Shannahan would be great too. Saffold and Robinson would be fine in a zone blocking scheme I think. In fact, it could even give us the excuse to press the reset button on the offensive line, just keeping those two as guards. Also, as has been eluded to, if they were to hire Shannahan, it doesn't necessarily mean that we will be heavy with zone blocking.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom

No interviews yet, but sources indicate both Kyle Shanahan and Nathaniel Hackett are on the radar for Rams OC job.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'd jump for joy if they snagged Shanny. He's truly innovative in what he can do on offense, he knows how to utilize the run game to its full extent as well.

iced

i wonder if Fisher is waiting til Colts are eliminated before reaching to chud?

jap

Legend
i wonder if Fisher is waiting til Colts are eliminated before reaching to chud?

Who says the Colts will be eliminated? Luck is getting ready to outclass the man named Brady and set the NFL world on fire. :ROFLMAO:

iced

Who says the Colts will be eliminated? Luck is getting ready to outclass the man named Brady and set the NFL world on fire. :ROFLMAO:

lol i thought about it after i wrote it - but i figured people would get by what i meant about fisher waiting.... even if i did open myself up :D

that's the only thing i can think of when they say they want to be "patient" with the process - the coaches they have their eye on are still playing...but hey maybe thats just wishful thinking :cool:

i'm not like florio - i'm not going to speculate about some possibility and call it some "random source"

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think if Shanny has multiple choices for a place to work, his dad will put in a good word for Fisher, so that might help us land him. My only fear is if his dad gets another HC job and wants to bring him along.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Have we even interviewed anyone yet? I hope we don't take too long and end up missing out.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@ESPNChiBears: Interesting player feedback on Kyle Shanahan. Some really like him & supported him in #Browns mess. Others dislike him, immensely.

I'm seeing a lot of speculation that he goes to Chi with Fox. Also seeing speculation that he goes to ATL with Dan Quinn.

Id like to see him here, myself.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Unless there is some covert operations going on, I am going to guess that Shanahan won't be landing in St. Louis. Fisher has had ample opportunity to get Shanahan and Roman interviewed and he didn't do it. So other coaches are snatching them up.

Why? Maybe he is floating interest in names with no intention of actually hiring, so he can just hire Boras. Hope the fans think he wanted ome others but Boras is what he could get? Maybe he wants a coach from a playoff team still playing?

Or maybe he is out climbing some mountain.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
All Ive heard about is rumors that were interested in these guys.

I'd like to see some urgency. I'm sure Boras is a great coach but we need something different on offense in my opinion. Boras is just more of the same.

lockdnram21

Legend
I'd like to see some urgency. I'm sure Boras is a great coach but we need something different on offense in my opinion. Boras is just more of the same.
I don't think oc want to come here because of qb situation when there's better jobs out there

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I don't think oc want to come here because of qb situation when there's better jobs out there
I would think it's more because of the reports that whoever the new OC is, he's going to be constrained by Fisher's philosophy.

To me, that just screams perfect recipe to suck due to events beyond your control, then have your odds of getting a good job later lowered.

MrMotes

Starter
There are a lot of reasons the Ram job may not be so plum:

No QB.
Possible Relocation.
Fisher Nearing End of Contract (another sub .500 year and they all could be gone in OC's first season)
Fisher's Conservative Philosophy