Kyle Long kicked out of practice ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Here's an OG possibly worth trying to trade for, he and his brother Chris supposedly made some anti-Trump comments following the Charlottesville violence. No word yet on whether this lead to problems in camp :

Kyle Long booted from Bears practice for fighting multiple times
Sporting News,Yahoo7 3 hours ago
Kyle Long woke up on the wrong side of the bed on Monday.

The Bears left guard was kicked out of practice for fighting multiple times. The incidents were with both offensive and defensive players and during both individual and team drills, according to ESPN.com.

"There's a certain standard we have and it's something we weren't very pleased with," Bears coach John Fox said. "I haven't had a chance to visit with him yet, but it's something that we'll handle it internally."

Long has been sidelined since November when he tore a ligament in his right ankle against the Buccaneers. The team has been working with him to increase his practice and workout time as he recovers.

MORE:
Chris and Kyle Long speak out on hometown Charlottesville

As to why Long got into several fights, Fox didn't offer any information nor did he try to dive into the issue.

"I really can't answer that at this point, I'm sure obviously there was some frustration — again, that's not how we operate," Fox said. "I didn't really see everything, just know that there was a disturbance and we don't need that. That's why he left the field."

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Isn't there a Kromer connection as well?

This is fun speculation, but I don't see how the Rams clear the space.

fearsomefour

Legend
Here's an OG possibly worth trying to trade for, he and his brother Chris supposedly made some anti-Trump comments following the Charlottesville violence. No word yet on whether this lead to problems in camp :

Kyle Long booted from Bears practice for fighting multiple times
Sporting News,Yahoo7 3 hours ago
Kyle Long woke up on the wrong side of the bed on Monday.

The Bears left guard was kicked out of practice for fighting multiple times. The incidents were with both offensive and defensive players and during both individual and team drills, according to ESPN.com.

"There's a certain standard we have and it's something we weren't very pleased with," Bears coach John Fox said. "I haven't had a chance to visit with him yet, but it's something that we'll handle it internally."

Long has been sidelined since November when he tore a ligament in his right ankle against the Buccaneers. The team has been working with him to increase his practice and workout time as he recovers.

MORE:
Chris and Kyle Long speak out on hometown Charlottesville

As to why Long got into several fights, Fox didn't offer any information nor did he try to dive into the issue.

"I really can't answer that at this point, I'm sure obviously there was some frustration — again, that's not how we operate," Fox said. "I didn't really see everything, just know that there was a disturbance and we don't need that. That's why he left the field."
When a big guy who isent a rookie gets kicked out of practice I always wonder how hot a day it was.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Excellent, now, give the Bears a 2018 #1 pick for Long and we are set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Actually, I ain't no joking. Kyle Long is a pro bowler and a baller...I want him on the Rams....and they will spend a #1 on an OL or DB, I would rather have a OG, or OT. Well, Kyle is about 25-26....so...it would be great

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, I ain't no joking. Kyle Long is a pro bowler and a baller...I want him on the Rams....and they will spend a #1 on an OL or DB, I would rather have a OG, or OT. Well, Kyle is about 25-26....so...it would be great
I remember when Kyle was in the draft..not much experience playing football compared to his brother. I believe he was more of a baseball player, before he decided to do the NFL Draft. I was very interested in him and hoped the Rams would snag him...No one knew how good he would be...another miss by our scouts, an even had Chris Long in house to ask about his brother...

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Charlottesville Virginia is where the riots took place and it's also Chris and Kyle's hometown.
It kind of irritates you when your home town gets associated with a race riot because of a bunch of jackasses that don't even live there showed up there raising hell.
I do know the Chris Long is building a home there for his retirement.

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
Disgruntled all pro right guard.... wink wink.... hint hint....that would be amazing. But don't see a way we can make that work cap wise with his cap # at 8 mil. And definitely don't see how the Bears could because according to a fast google search (so take it with grain of salt) it would cause $12.5 mil in dead cap for them. So keep dreaming I suppose.