Kurt Warner reality show set for USA net

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

Former NFL star will host aspirational 'The Moment,' part of net's unscripted push

By Andrea Morabito -- Broadcasting & Cable, 1/25/2012 12:13:22 PM
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/articl ... Warner.php

In a bid to ramp up its unscripted programming, USA Network has picked up the original reality series The Moment, hosted by former NFL star Kurt Warner.

The aspirational series will feature Warner, who famously went from bagging groceries to Super Bowl MVP, will give people a second chance at a career dream they put on hold. USA has ordered nine episodes to premiere in the third quarter.

The Moment will be executive-produced by Charlie Ebersol and Justin Hochberg through their Hochberg Ebersol Company.

"From the first moments of their pitch, we knew they were onto something that wasn't just the right creative fit for the brand, but was also a fresh take on personal and inspirational storytelling,"
said USA co-presidents Chris McCumber and Jeff Wachtel in a statement.

USA signaled its push into more reality fare last February when it hired Heather Olander as its senior VP of alternative programming. The net launched reality competition series WWE Tough Enough last April, though it continues to be known for its many successful hour-long dramas.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
:rofl:
The aspirational series
Why is this typo funny to me? My first job out of HS was at Forest Lawn Mortuary. While I never did any embalming, it was explained to me that as much of the bodily fluids as possible had to be aspirated from the body.

aspirate: to draw by suction.

So, by the use of aspirational, the series is going to suck as much as it possibly can.

Anonymous

Ram Quixote said:
The aspirational series
Why is this typo funny to me? My first job out of HS was at Forest Lawn Mortuary. While I never did any embalming, it was explained to me that as much of the bodily fluids as possible had to be aspirated from the body.

So, by the use of aspirational, the series is going to suck as much as it possibly can.

Nice catch! :sly:

Yet another reality series. :sick:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ram Quixote said:
The aspirational series

It's not a typo. It has another meaning aside from the one you used:

aspirational - strong desire, longing, or aim; ambition.

Still, they could have used ambitious instead. Then there wouldn't be any misconceptions.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Memento said:
Ram Quixote said:
The aspirational series

It's not a typo. It has another meaning aside from the one you used:

aspirational - strong desire, longing, or aim; ambition.

Still, they could have used ambitious instead. Then there wouldn't be any misconceptions.
Yeah, yeah. :razzed: I considered that, but why let logic get in way of humor? As a description of a reality series, the joke still works.