Kurt Warner helping teams (Arizona) and qb's ( Kap)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Do you guys think if were in the same circumstances that he would help the Rams ? For instance if we were going to the playoffs and we were down to our 3rd qb after Bradford going through 14 games. Or if Bradford struggles with his play and asks Warner for help? Even though he didn't come out of retirement, it"s just the thought.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think he still has some bitterness when it comes to the Rams.

I think he still loves the old players and probably the old coaches, but I don't think he cares much for the organization.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Have to consider the situation:

1. he lives in AZ so he is right there (no travel)
2. he has friends from his playing days still on the Cards
3. Kap will be paying him (and assuming his travel cost also if required)...alslo note that is through a business, we can sign up our QBs for the training also. it isn't some favor to Kap.

I think he would help out here if asked, depends on what is asked...come in for day or two chat up guys...likley NP. Come in and instruct a guys for a few weeks....expect he would want to get paid or at least travel covered...

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I'm not worried about Kurt teaching Krapperdick anything. That would be like trying to fit the contents of a super computer into a 1980s calculator.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

I think he still loves the old players and probably the old coaches, but I don't think he cares much for the organization.
I strongly disagree. I haven't seen anything that indicates it.

One might argue that they would resent the Rams if they were in his situation, but I think that's the only basis one has for such a statement.

Plus, he has said complimentary things about Martz, and if he doesn't have a grudge against Martz, why would he have a grudge against the Rams as a whole?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think the whole league has bitterness to the Rams. I must say it makes winning even more sweet, though.

ram007

Starter
I don't think kapernick is "fixable". He doesn't read defense quick enough.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't think kapernick is "fixable". He doesn't read defense quick enough.

I tend to agree that's not something you can teach. The brain only processes so fast and his seems to struggle moving info.

But; Kurt could help tweak his mechanics and other aspects to help reduce his liability in this area.

jjab360

Legend
You hear a lot about Holt and Bruce helping our receivers, then Faulk announcing our preseason games, but KW? Nada.

fearsomefour

Legend
His arm is not the problem, he's got a cannon. He's just not capable of the mental part of the game.
Don't know if he is capable or not, he just entered the league with a deficit in that area of the game, which I think is the most important part of the game.
Working on his mechanics is to help with accuracy. There are times he has open guys and misses them badly (Newton has the same issue with mechanics), this is what the mechanical tweaking is for. But, I doubt Kurt will be able to solve his biggest issue....I certainly hope not.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.

I disagree with this whole grudge thing. for one thing do you honestly believe Warner is the type of man to turn away from a young man who has humbley asked him for help because of something that happened a decade ago when this kid was in high school. and secondly do you really think he holds a grudge against a team that has zero connection from the original organization that dumped him. you're basically saying he's being bitter toward a Rams logo. if even half of the things I hear about Warner are true than he's not that kind of man

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
You hear a lot about Holt and Bruce helping our receivers, then Faulk announcing our preseason games, but KW? Nada.

what other organizations is either (holt or Bruce) even seriously connected with (yeah Bruce had a cup of coffee with the 49ers...but nothing memorable), Faulk retired a Ram. Announcing of the games is assigned by the networks. It makes sense to assign Faulk to the Rams, it is the team he is best remembered with and the announcer they have that is best linked to the team. Warner gets Cards assignments for the same reason, yes he is remembered as a Ram, but he did great things in AZ and is a local hero to them...besides who else do they have with AZ ties?

This isn't some big rub off or conspiracy....it is just life. he is retired and settled out there. He comes back here often and has stayed very involved with the community.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Kurt was at our camp just this year, talking about the Rams, throwing for the receivers while they ran routes while helping them with what he's retained from his days running offenses. He does tons of stuff for the community and the team, hell just this year he said STL is a great sports city and deserves a football team and doesn't want them to go anywhere because the Rams and STL are synonymous to him. He does stuff and thinks about the Rams still, people just immediately overlook it and cast it aside the minute he does anything for anyone else not the Rams.

Honestly, I don't care if there is a rub in his allegiance and I don't see why so many do. So his loyalties extend further to a team that isn't us. We didn't exactly treat him fairly now did we? Thanks for the Super Bowl, but we got this youngun now, so fuck off. Arizona gave him a second chance and revitalized his career, I know most of us would probably have a strong leaning to the team that gave us a second chance rather than the team that just milked you dry and cast you aside like some greying wife for a hotter, younger girlfriend and then only wanted anything to do with you after you got a nip tuck and the girlfriend turned out to be a nag.