Kurt Warner draws parallels between Austin and Hakim

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Kurt said it 8 months after I did during the draft. I suppose my history on this board is my only evidence. Sigh...

I also said Stedman Bailey is the next Steve Smith. Wait for it...
I said the same thing bruddah.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I agree with kurtfaulk and jrry; Austin can accelerate on a dime... he manipulates the speed of pursuit masterfully.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm afraid that the ball control issues are there with Austin about as much as Hakim. TA has coughed up way too many balls for my liking. Most if not all of them were recovered by us but I'd certainly like to see him hold on to that ball a bit better. As far as the speed and all, I think the big difference is how he is able to change gears without looking like he is changing gears. TA seems a bit less decisive when he fields the punts but when he gets that little opening, he is way more able to set up the defenders. I think TA is MUCH smarter of a player than Hakim and will be much more of a weapon as well. His sophomore season will be huge IMO. I think he will do away with many of those drops, the staff will see first hand how and where his skills translate at this level, and he will know more how to help his QB help him. This kid is smart and he is waaaaay too determined to ever be satisfied. IMO, his size may help him more than many players in that he has and will continue to use it as a chip on his shoulder that he will knock off.