Kurt Warner discusses Sam Bradford/Nick Foles trade/Wags

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
@jjab360
I'm gonna state right now, Foles is a Ram, so I'm a Foles guy now...I see all his positives, but I see how we put a better QB in a lot worse situation than what Foles is about to experience, and I will hope he can handle it...In fact, I'll be praying for it....But my initial feeling is, if we were gonna trade Sam, why not get as much as possible, and that to me would have been a first round pick...
There was a guy named Bulger, man he looked GOOD....Hell, I figured he was just as good as the injured guy he replaced...he kept fumbling snaps, whiffing throws...well, when the fumbler left, I sure was sorry to see him go, as that ole Bulger kept trying to deal with the heat of a pass rush bent on separating him from the ball....and definitely didn't want him locating wr's downfield...Remember Bulgers first couple years stats? He sure looked good...
I also remember a couple of thrown away QB's one was Plunkett, the other was a little fast gut from KC, Gannon....sometimes you gotta just stay the course...just keep digging...there's oil down there...

True, but to use a similar vernacular,......in this example his rigs already been broken...twice!

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
If Foles struggles a little early the St Louis fans will whine a little, but if Sam struggles in Philly, those fans will eat him alive!

Alan

Legend
jjab360 with this bit of wisdom:
I'd take a 2nd and Nick Foles over a late 1st and a big gaping hole under center any day of the week and a million times on Sunday, personally.
I agree with that jjab and so does the Snish. Although agreeing with the Fish when it comes to player decisions makes me want to recheck my thinking. :LOL:

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
We're the Rams - you know Bradford will have a big season and be in the Pro Bowl this year! ;)

Dickersn29

UDFA
Look guys" there was no way the Rams were going to get a 1st rd pick for Bradford, getting Foles was a steal" as far as i see it, will Bradford succeed in philly? i think he will due to the fact that he got rid of alot of pressure with this trade, there's no more expectations of him living up to a #1 pick in philly, he just has to be better than Sanchez, and that wont take much.

Bradford will be alot more relaxed in philly and i think kelly will get the most out of him, heck he may have a career year but if that happens it doesnt mean it was a bad trade for the Rams because he wasnt going to live up to that #1 pick no matter what he did in st louis, a change of scenery can do wonders"

People will start saying i told you so" if he succeeds in philly but i believe what ever success he has in philly it would never of happened in St louis.

Foles is our guy now and i think he will fit in just nicely, he has nice talent at wr and a decent running game and dont forget a very solid defense behind him as well, so he wont have to put up 30pts a game here he just has to be better than Bradford and that wont take much.

Go Rams!

nighttrain

Legend
It's been said before, but it's not Bradford vs Foles in a vacuum. It's a healthier Foles vs Bradford coming off of the same crippling injury two years running. It's $11 million or so of cap space. It's a minor trade up in the draft this year, and a 2nd round pick next year - and if the Rams owe a pick back to the Eagles, that likely means the 2nd will be fairly high.

Basically, Foles has to bomb and Bradford has to star for the Eagles to win the trade - and even then the Eagles will be faced with either losing Sam, or signing him to a multi-year contract despite his history of injuries.

In a vacuum - both healthy etc - I'd rather have Bradford, but that's not reality. As much as I'd love for Bradford to be the Rams' franchise QB for a decade or more, he has to stay on the field to do that. And he just hasn't - and a repeated injury makes it less likely that he will.
So much truth in what you say, it makes no difference how good you are, if you can't get on the field. And it'sad, but SB has never been able to do that. Just to many injuries, and so much unavailable talent.
train

Last edited:

jjab360

Legend
Look guys" there was no way the Rams were going to get a 1st rd pick for Bradford, getting Foles was a steal" as far as i see it, will Bradford succeed in philly? i think he will due to the fact that he got rid of alot of pressure with this trade, there's no more expectations of him living up to a #1 pick in philly, he just has to be better than Sanchez, and that wont take much.

Bradford will be alot more relaxed in philly and i think kelly will get the most out of him, heck he may have a career year but if that happens it doesnt mean it was a bad trade for the Rams because he wasnt going to live up to that #1 pick no matter what he did in st louis, a change of scenery can do wonders"

People will start saying i told you so" if he succeeds in philly but i believe what ever success he has in philly it would never of happened in St louis.

Foles is our guy now and i think he will fit in just nicely, he has nice talent at wr and a decent running game and dont forget a very solid defense behind him as well, so he wont have to put up 30pts a game here he just has to be better than Bradford and that wont take much.

Go Rams!
Fisher himself admitted they were offered a 1st round pick so not sure where that's coming from.

And as far as Bradford feeling less pressure in Philly than St. Louis? L.O.L. Bradford had all the support in the world here in St. Louis, he'll be basically thrown to the wolves in Philadelphia, those people are crazy.

Dickersn29

UDFA
Fisher himself admitted they were offered a 1st round pick so not sure where that's coming from.

And as far as Bradford feeling less pressure in Philly than St. Louis? L.O.L. Bradford had all the support in the world here in St. Louis, he'll be basically thrown to the wolves in Philadelphia, those people are crazy.

What fisher says and what actually transpired are two different things" What Coach in the NFL tells the media what actually happens?.. come on really" and true philly is a different market but they didnt spend a #1 pick on SB, they got him in a trade knowing he hasnt lived up to his potential and has been injury prone.

Philly doenst really now what there getting with SB, if he bombs they'll blame C.Kelly, the pressure is more on him with the moves he has done this offseason, SB is coming in as a backup with no history of success in the NFL he could only go up from where he's at or stay where he's been for the past 5yrs.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Nick Foles rushed/scrambled/ran for his life for 221 yds and 3 TD's in 2013.
3.9 avg/carry

Bradford has 224 career rushing/scrambling/running for his life yards.