Kromer Deserves a Round of Applause

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Ya, we have 4 guys at 325lbs + and we can't make them go one step back off the ball. When we can do that, we become a great offense; but, the zone concept is the anti-power line.

THe 49ers, the first 'zone' blocking team that was successful, were never truly great on the O line until 1988-90 when they got lineman who could move and had some one on one power. In the early 80s they were so small and weak, and then they got their butts whipped in 1985-86 against teams like the Bears, Giants and Redskins. Walsh changed that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Boy, I remember when I got slammed for suggesting that Boudreau may not have been that good a coach.

Slammed, when? I had many posts in reference to concerns about not only Boudreau, but his health as well. Unless your post was when Scott Linehan was Head Coach and Linehan fired Boudreau to bring in his good friend the infamous Steve Loney, then you would have been slammed.

Seriously though @Rmfnlt especially last season many posters were concerned about Boudreau and when McVay was hired many of us focused on the Offensive Line Coach hire as the number one Assistant after the Defensive Coordinator and were very pleased that Aaron Kromer was available Beach Chair Gate notwithstanding.

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Our OL opened up holes for much of the game using zone concepts. It's not surprising that the 49ers were able to make a stand when it became power vs. power. We've got a big OL, but they aren't the most powerful unit in the NFL.
Great analysis.