Kroenke’s silence not helping Rams fans deal with dome dilemma

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Trust me. I get that whole "net worth" thing. Thank you for the high finance lesson nonetheless. I always appreciate being talked down to. It keeps me humble.

The one thing I agree with you on. His "sports teams" are his toys. But the one thing you seem to be overlooking. He doesn't buy them to sell them off. And by "real $$$" I was referring to the actual bottom line in terms of profit and loss.

He makes his "living" on his development business, et al.
I wasn't trying to "talk down" to you. I was just saying. .. you deal with these guys enough, you start to see that once they get to a certain level of worth, they get this innate sense of not losing any "worth". And all of Stan's "toys" are included in his bottom line of net worth, no? Everything he owns is how they come up with his "net worth". So .... if something is stagnant or a "loss" ... it hurts.... hurts their ego and their net worth.

Stan doesn't have $3.7 billion ... it's what he owns that makes him worth that much. And if he is sinking money into something... even a "toy" it is expected to make a profit.

Now ... a new Stadium whether it be inSt. Louis ... L.A. ... Timbutoo ... will increase the "value" of his franchise ... thus elevating his worth. Doesn't have to be "for sale". He wants it's "value".

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I find the process annoying, reading news and web stories, only because the media wants a public outcry as part of the story/journey.

Sit back. Relax. And... Watch this work out. It's a neat lesson in business.

As cliche as it sounds... It's a process.

Enjoy watching it unfold instead of over-react.

My 2 cents for what it's worth.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I find the process annoying, reading news and web stories, only because the media wants a public outcry as part of the story/journey.

Sit back. Relax. And... Watch this work out. It's a neat lesson in business.

As cliche as it sounds... It's a process.

Enjoy watching it unfold instead of over-react.

My 2 cents for what it's worth.

I don't find any of that annoying, it's normal shit in this kind of situation.

What is annoying is that too many people are weighing in with little or no fact to support what they say.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Trust me. I get that whole "net worth" thing. Thank you for the high finance lesson nonetheless. I always appreciate being talked down to. It keeps me humble.

If I may... I don't think that was what he was trying to do. Gotta love the internet. If he was sitting at the table with you it likely wouldn't have come off that way. I got that it was more that value is more than just cash or money in your account. Especially with these guys.

Another thing to think about is that your rating when looking at HUGE investments is dependent on a lot of factors including how well your investments have played out or are playing out. The value of the Rams can actually affect a variety of his business dealings having nothing to do with his sports "toys". By the same token, spending more than a realistic ROI would suggest on a move to LA ain't gonna help him none either.

I agree that his sports holdings may be more about prestige than anything, but each of them needs to be increasing in value regardless. A question I have and maybe those in St Louis can answer. How has the value of the team been doing over say the past 5 years? Or maybe since he bought the team? I'm sure there is info out there.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
If I may... I don't think that was what he was trying to do. Gotta love the internet. If he was sitting at the table with you it likely wouldn't have come off that way. I got that it was more that value is more than just cash or money in your account. Especially with these guys.

Another thing to think about is that your rating when looking at HUGE investments is dependent on a lot of factors including how well your investments have played out or are playing out. The value of the Rams can actually affect a variety of his business dealings having nothing to do with his sports "toys". By the same token, spending more than a realistic ROI would suggest on a move to LA ain't gonna help him none either.

I agree that his sports holdings may be more about prestige than anything, but each of them needs to be increasing in value regardless. A question I have and maybe those in St Louis can answer. How has the value of the team been doing over say the past 5 years? Or maybe since he bought the team? I'm sure there is info out there.
No ... I wasn't trying to act like I'm talking down to him (you're right about the internet lol ) Coach O asked about "if he isn't trying to sell, why would he care about raising the value. I was just trying to explain why. Everything he owns or endeavors in ... IS in his bottom line as far as net worth. And these guys take that status VERY seriously. Stan may be "silent" ... but man you can tell he has an ego the size of the Grand Canyon lol! He doesn't buy these franchises just because he is a fan :)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

The one thing I agree with you on. His "sports teams" are his toys. But the one thing you seem to be overlooking. He doesn't buy them to sell them off. And by "real $$$" I was referring to the actual bottom line in terms of profit and loss.

He makes his "living" on his development business, et al.

That part could come back on you so be careful hehehe.........

CoachO

Hall of Fame
That part could come back on you so be careful hehehe.........

Touché.

Gotta love the Internet. I was trying to be facetious. And I guess it came across wrong. Go figure.

I think my input in this topic has been exhausted.

Bottom Line for me is I just don't think it makes as much sense financially for him to move.

And the lazy approach to journalism that has become the norm only feeds the frenzy. They want to create the story in place of actually do their diligence and research the real story.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Touché.

Gotta love the Internet. I was trying to be facetious. And I guess it came across wrong. Go figure.

Bottom Line for me is I just don't think it makes as much sense financially for him to move.

And the lazy approach to journalism that has become the norm only feeds the frenzy. They want to create the story in place of actually do their diligence and research the real story.
I agree ... I mean I am a Cali Rams fan ... but I would really rather he gets something done in St.Louis. I hate seeing teams move around. And even a new stadium in the Lou would boost the teams value and his net worth ... .providing he has ownership in the stadium.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Touché.

Your opinions are actually welcome......and yeah journalism is dead, has been for years. The Internet killed it,ate it and shit it out whole.

@ShaneG did a good article on this though. He's a good writer.....

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Your opinions are actually welcome......and yeah journalism is dead, has been for years. The Internet killed it,ate it and shit it out whole.

I read it. And the hilarious thing. He was roasted unmercifully by a good percentage of the people who will blast anything or anyone who dares to point out anything factual when it comes to the team not "coming home to LA"

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No harm.....this is decent convo compared to other stuff on the webernets

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I didn't do the @ShaneG thing.......how did that happen?

Is Ricky Martin going to suddenly pop up on my iPod now?

P.S. I only like the pink Good & Plenty's.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did that. Tagging people (like on Twitter) keeps them from missing out on the love-fest.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Actually - I do view Shane as a journalist. He actually DOES do some research and tries to get in touch with as many people in the know as possible. Watch if you ask him a tough question. He usually will tell you he'll get back to you if he can find the info. And beat this - he usually does.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I did that. Tagging people (like on Twitter) keeps them from missing out on the love-fest.
Hey. Why didn't mine show it? Fuckin Les is the teachers pet. I knew it. It's the ball hugging thing - isn't it. You East Coasters. :eek:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No harm.....this is decent convo compared to other stuff on the webernets

Man - no doubt. I was reluctant to even discuss it but thought about the kind of site this is. A calm rational discussion about this subject. Where else? Nowhere?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

And from missing out on the leftover black a Good and Plenties right........ :cool:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Actually - I do view Shane as a journalist. He actually DOES do some research and tries to get in touch with as many people in the know as possible. Watch if you ask him a tough question. He usually will tell you he'll get back to you if he can find the info. And beat this - he usually does.

I know, he is good like that. He will go places I'm sure.

PhxRam

Tagging is easy.. Simply start by using @ and without adding a space, start typing the name of the user you are trying to tag. After 3 characters a dropdown list should show you the matching usernames. Simply select one and continue typing.

By tagging someone, it sends that poster an alert informing them they have been mentioned in a post.