1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kroenke’s silence not helping Rams fans deal with dome dilemma

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by -X-, Feb 3, 2014.

1. ReddingRam Well-Known Member

I wasn't trying to "talk down" to you. I was just saying. .. you deal with these guys enough, you start to see that once they get to a certain level of worth, they get this innate sense of not losing any "worth". And all of Stan's "toys" are included in his bottom line of net worth, no? Everything he owns is how they come up with his "net worth". So .... if something is stagnant or a "loss" ... it hurts.... hurts their ego and their net worth.

Stan doesn't have $3.7 billion ... it's what he owns that makes him worth that much. And if he is sinking money into something... even a "toy" it is expected to make a profit.

Now ... a new Stadium whether it be inSt. Louis ... L.A. ... Timbutoo ... will increase the "value" of his franchise ... thus elevating his worth. Doesn't have to be "for sale". He wants it's "value".

2. CGI_Ram Hamburger Connoisseur

I find the process annoying, reading news and web stories, only because the media wants a public outcry as part of the story/journey.

Sit back. Relax. And... Watch this work out. It's a neat lesson in business.

As cliche as it sounds... It's a process.

Enjoy watching it unfold instead of over-react.

My 2 cents for what it's worth.

ReddingRam likes this.
  3. LesBaker Mr. Savant

I don't find any of that annoying, it's normal crap in this kind of situation.

What is annoying is that too many people are weighing in with little or no fact to support what they say.

4. mr.stlouis Well-Known Member

It's not helping me! I'm about to LOSE IT! Lol

5. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

If I may... I don't think that was what he was trying to do. Gotta love the internet. If he was sitting at the table with you it likely wouldn't have come off that way. I got that it was more that value is more than just cash or money in your account. Especially with these guys.

Another thing to think about is that your rating when looking at HUGE investments is dependent on a lot of factors including how well your investments have played out or are playing out. The value of the Rams can actually affect a variety of his business dealings having nothing to do with his sports "toys". By the same token, spending more than a realistic ROI would suggest on a move to LA ain't gonna help him none either.

I agree that his sports holdings may be more about prestige than anything, but each of them needs to be increasing in value regardless. A question I have and maybe those in St Louis can answer. How has the value of the team been doing over say the past 5 years? Or maybe since he bought the team? I'm sure there is info out there.

VCRam and ReddingRam like this.
  6. ReddingRam Well-Known Member

No ... I wasn't trying to act like I'm talking down to him (you're right about the internet lol ) Coach O asked about "if he isn't trying to sell, why would he care about raising the value. I was just trying to explain why. Everything he owns or endeavors in ... IS in his bottom line as far as net worth. And these guys take that status VERY seriously. Stan may be "silent" ... but man you can tell he has an ego the size of the Grand Canyon lol! He doesn't buy these franchises just because he is a fan :)

7. LesBaker Mr. Savant

That part could come back on you so be careful hehehe.........

RamFan503 likes this.
  8. CoachO Well-Known Member

Touché.

Gotta love the Internet. I was trying to be facetious. And I guess it came across wrong. Go figure.

I think my input in this topic has been exhausted.

Bottom Line for me is I just don't think it makes as much sense financially for him to move.

And the lazy approach to journalism that has become the norm only feeds the frenzy. They want to create the story in place of actually do their diligence and research the real story.

RamFan503 and ReddingRam like this.
  9. ReddingRam Well-Known Member

I agree ... I mean I am a Cali Rams fan ... but I would really rather he gets something done in St.Louis. I hate seeing teams move around. And even a new stadium in the Lou would boost the teams value and his net worth ... .providing he has ownership in the stadium.

RamFan503 and CoachO like this.
  10. LesBaker Mr. Savant

Your opinions are actually welcome......and yeah journalism is dead, has been for years. The Internet killed it,ate it and crap it out whole.

@ShaneG did a good article on this though. He's a good writer.....

ReddingRam likes this.
  11. CoachO Well-Known Member

I read it. And the hilarious thing. He was roasted unmercifully by a good percentage of the people who will blast anything or anyone who dares to point out anything factual when it comes to the team not "coming home to LA"

12. LesBaker Mr. Savant

No harm.....this is decent convo compared to other stuff on the webernets

RamFan503 likes this.
  13. LesBaker Mr. Savant

I didn't do the @ShaneG thing.......how did that happen?

Is Ricky Martin going to suddenly pop up on my iPod now?

P.S. I only like the pink Good & Plenty's.

14. -X- I'm the dude, man.

I did that. Tagging people (like on Twitter) keeps them from missing out on the love-fest.

A55VA6 likes this.
  15. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Actually - I do view Shane as a journalist. He actually DOES do some research and tries to get in touch with as many people in the know as possible. Watch if you ask him a tough question. He usually will tell you he'll get back to you if he can find the info. And beat this - he usually does.

CoachO likes this.
  16. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Hey. Why didn't mine show it? freakin Les is the teachers pet. I knew it. It's the ball hugging thing - isn't it. You East Coasters. :eek:

17. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Man - no doubt. I was reluctant to even discuss it but thought about the kind of site this is. A calm rational discussion about this subject. Where else? Nowhere?

CoachO likes this.
  18. LesBaker Mr. Savant

And from missing out on the leftover black a Good and Plenties right........ :cool:

19. LesBaker Mr. Savant

I know, he is good like that. He will go places I'm sure.

20. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

Tagging is easy.. Simply start by using @ and without adding a space, start typing the name of the user you are trying to tag. After 3 characters a dropdown list should show you the matching usernames. Simply select one and continue typing.

By tagging someone, it sends that poster an alert informing them they have been mentioned in a post.