Kroenke

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll admit. It would take a huge turn around for me to want to see him stay at this point. Let's hope short of that, we go a different direction AND IT WORKS THIS TIME.
Amen . I'm afraid if he coaches Goff he may ruin the kid . Stan could send him packing tonight and no one would bat an eye . If he worked for me , he would be looking for a ride home from London. Lol

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Honestly, can't make any argument to keep Fisher, but am still OK with him.
He didn't fuck up those Quick, Austin, Britt/ Keenum plays/ INT's.

Just let me ask you this.

Did Del Rio all of a sudden become a good coach, after sucking in J'ville for 9 years?

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As pointed out prior to this thread Fisher and his staff is one of the highest paid in the league. He doesn't hate paying coaches/managers for his teams money. What he probably hates is paying them to site on their ass. Another example of this would be the extension. Fisher hasn't been offered an extension. Neither has Arsne Wenger who's the great coach of his Arsenal team.
Well arsenal haven't won the premier league in 12 years .... and yet arsene is still there ... can you imagine 12 years of fisher ball

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I've never once met anyone who would rather lose than win...just saying.

Except Kevin Demoff of course:

“We went through the entire Fall process of trying to convince the owners of where we stood, what this project would mean for the NFL and for Los Angeles, in particular, and the opportunity that was in front of us. And, all the sudden, things were coming upon us pretty quickly. The relocation application was do in the first week in January. Either thankfully or not thankfully, we went on a four-game losing streak in the middle of November (smile from Demoff and laughter from the crowd), so we went from being in the playoff hunt and having a seed to woefully out of the the playoff hunt, which allowed us a little more time to talk about this (pointing to the Los Angeles presentation on the screen behind him) and put this together.”

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well arsenal haven't won the premier league in 12 years .... and yet arsene is still there ... can you imagine 12 years of fisher ball
Twelve years in a row of being in the playoffs as one of the four best teams in the league? That's a damn sight better than what we have now and anybody that wouldn't prefer that is a liar.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
He didn't freak up those Quick, Austin, Britt/ Keenum plays/ INT's.

Did Del Rio all of a sudden become a good coach, after sucking in J'ville for 9 years?
He made the playoffs with them in his third year and even had a winning record his second year. We have not even gotten to .500.

Ellard80

Legend
He didn't freak up those Quick, Austin, Britt/ Keenum plays/ INT's.

Del Rio was actually better earlier in his career.. I'm not sure who you are talking to that is saying Del Rio is a good coach...

If Jack Del Rio is our standard.. then well...

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Del Rio was actually better earlier in his career.. I'm not sure who you are talking to that is saying Del Rio is a good coach...

Never said he was a good coach. I probably wasn't clear.
I meant that his overall record is less than stellar, but Oakland seems to be doing well.
Sometimes it's the players/time together.

fearsomefour

Legend
Return on investment and winning are two different things.
The ROI is already in the bag with the move and the worth of the team.
As far as winning, well, that depends. Coaches get canned a lot more than GMs. Why is that?
If a GM fires a coach it means the GM made a mistake. If a GM gets fired it means the owner made a mistake. Owners like to afford themselves a lot of leeway.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Kroenke is paying this entire coaching staff handsomely.
One of the highest payed in the league by my understanding. It's one of the caveats that brought Fisher here to begin with.
I have a hard time believing that an owner is going to make his coaching staff one of rhe highest in the league and NOT expect results.

3 losses in and row with 3 winnable games? I highly doubt that sits well with an owner that is paying Billions for the prestige of LA.
I would also add. Kroenke is building a Stadium that he calls his "Legacy" no way would he want to stick a Looser in their! I'm sure he wants them to WIN!! As has been said "He doesn't need the Money!!"

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Del Rio is doing pretty well up there in Oakland

nanotech

Rookie
Who's more stubborn? Fisher or Kroenke? Kroenke was very engaged in the hiring process for the current coach. It has been noted many times that Fisher was grilled about his experience in the move to Tennessee. The history of Kroenke, and you can look up his many statements, he hires what he considers capable people to run things and stick with them. He was very involved with the Fisher hire. Does he not want to admit a mistake? Big egos are involved.

RamzFanz

Damnit
How can a man like Kroenke keep watching the same thing year after year and not step in and say that's enough.

Like he does for all five of his teams? Because he gets paid either way.

Have you ever heard the story about the scorpion and the frog?

That being said, he's about to drop a couple of billion on a new stadium and will want a full stadium in 2019 so his attitude may change, at least temporarily.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Today I learned my boys at Arsenal suck. Huh who'd have thunk it.