Kraft decides to lead the Stupidity Parade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
carroll_rosenbloom.jpg
I Liked Rosenbloom, thought he was a Great Owner! I will go to my grave believing he was Murdered!!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I think he feels confident that his cheaters were able to cover their tracks enough that the league won't be able to definitively prove that Belicheat and tom terrific were directly involved. In fact, I bet that GODell has already given his BFF the details.

That's not really what he said...He said that unless proof was found of a misdeed, (by ANYBODY) then they should apologize to the entire organization, especially Belichick and Brady (I can't see how it can be disputed that simebody in their camp screwed with the footballs......He didn't say unless it's proven either of those 2 Cheatriots did the dirty deed...Nitpicky point, I know... I just despise this organization so much, I want to see them crucified for not putting the toilet seat down...(I'm guessing lots of the assholes use the ladies room)...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am officially rooting for the Seahawks and every single team that ever plays the Patriots for as long as I watch NFL football...........and at this rate it might not be so long. There is always college to focus on.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Going farther than Belichick or Brady, Kraft said,
"If the Wells investigation is not able to definitively determine that our organization tampered with the air pressure on the footballs, I would expect and hope that the league would apologize to our entire team and, in particular, coach [Bill] Belichick and Tom Brady for what they have had to endure this past week,"

First of course is the fact that the NFL is still waiting for the apology for Spygate so perhaps Kraft should work on that now that he is so keen on apologies. but the main point is that Kraft believes that investigations should never be made unless the result is known in advance. I guess the problem of having conclusive evidence before the investigation is the NFL's. Except for some sportswriters and fan posters I believe that this is the most stupid and dishonest statement yet.

That is like a burglary suspect under investigation saying that unless you have something, you owe me an apology. When there is tons of circumstantial evidence he did it. That organization is rotten from the head down.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I Liked Rosenbloom, thought he was a Great Owner! I will go to my grave believing he was Murdered!!

Yeah, I never thought that, but things sure would have been different if Steve Rosenbloom ran the team because that was Carroll's plan all along.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah, I never thought that, but things sure would have been different if Steve Rosenbloom ran the team because that was Carroll's plan all along.
This is a well known Fact, among people around the Team, prior to Carroll's Death!!(y)

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Going farther than Belichick or Brady, Kraft said,
"If the Wells investigation is not able to definitively determine that our organization tampered with the air pressure on the footballs, I would expect and hope that the league would apologize to our entire team and, in particular, coach [Bill] Belichick and Tom Brady for what they have had to endure this past week,"

First of course is the fact that the NFL is still waiting for the apology for Spygate so perhaps Kraft should work on that now that he is so keen on apologies. but the main point is that Kraft believes that investigations should never be made unless the result is known in advance. I guess the problem of having conclusive evidence before the investigation is the NFL's. Except for some sportswriters and fan posters I believe that this is the most stupid and dishonest statement yet.

Jesus, Krafty, if you're going to get your incredulity on, at least do it right. Your net worth is in the billions, hire a damn publicist! The message is NOT:
"If the NFL cannot prove beyond a shadow of a doubt in front of a jury of our peers that we are guilty, the world can all go kiss my left nut"

The message should be:
"We're very aware inside of the Patriots organization of the accusations being made both in the media and across the internet... We take these very seriously... We've launched our own internal investigations covering the last 8 years... Our intent is to put together 'chain of custody' evidence... so that we can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that we have never engaged in any inappropriate doctoring of footballs... Should we find that there are guilty parties inside of our organization, those people will be dealt with quickly and harshly, and it doesn't matter who those people are.... The most important thing to us is preserving the integrity of the game".

Shame. The dude is just tone deaf and doesn't care.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jesus, Krafty, if you're going to get your incredulity on, at least do it right. Your net worth is in the billions, hire a damn publicist! The message is NOT:
"If the NFL cannot prove beyond a shadow of a doubt in front of a jury of our peers that we are guilty, the world can all go kiss my left nut"

The message should be:
"We're very aware inside of the Patriots organization of the accusations being made both in the media and across the internet... We take these very seriously... We've launched our own internal investigations covering the last 8 years... Our intent is to put together 'chain of custody' evidence... so that we can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that we have never engaged in any inappropriate doctoring of footballs... Should we find that there are guilty parties inside of our organization, those people will be dealt with quickly and harshly, and it doesn't matter who those people are.... The most important thing to us is preserving the integrity of the game".

Shame. The dude is just tone deaf and doesn't care.

Like all arrogant pricks Kraft and Bill decide to go on the offensive, which makes them sound guiltier.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Exactly
There was no way more me to put the photo in Blue
Get GIMP, an Open Source free alternative to Photoshop.

Apply blue filter to the photo.

Done. ;)

As to the boycott idea, I like my Fusion Pro-Glide.

But I'm a wimp. I didn't #CancelWWENetwork either.

rams2050

Starter
Doyel: Super Bowl media day dumb, Kraft demand dumber

Gregg Doyel, gregg.doyel@indystar.com7:32 p.m. EST January 27, 2015

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport.../?hootPostID=9dfbc8dd0c520e16af6f38a28df98e41

The most ridiculous, most inane performance of the week was delivered when the New England Patriots stepped off their plane and owner Bob Kraft stepped before a microphone.

The naked guy in the inflatable bucket was ridiculous. OK, maybe he wasn't completely naked under that bucket. Maybe I wasn't going to find out.

Only at Super Bowl media day do you get a naked bucket guy walking past two idiots with hand puppets, interviewing various Seattle Seahawks in a falsetto they pretend is coming from the socks on their fingers. It's lunacy, what happens every year at the Super Bowl – but the most ridiculous, most inane performance of the week was delivered Monday night when the New England Patriots stepped off their plane and owner Bob Kraft stepped before a microphone.

INDIANAPOLIS STAR

Peyton Manning was Colts QB when he paved way for DeflateGate

Kraft was talking about the allegations that the Patriots rigged the AFC Championship Game against the Colts by using under-inflated footballs. He referenced the NFL investigation being conducted by Manhattan attorney Ted Wells.

Then Kraft said something that was funnier than anything uttered at media day by the caped avenger from Nickelodeon, more absurd than anything from the dude with sunglasses pretending to be The Terminator, more inane than the idiots with sock puppets. What he said was as unseemly as the naked dude in the bucket.

What he said was this:

"If the Wells investigation is not able to definitively determine that our organization tampered with the air pressure in the footballs," Kraft said, "I would expect and hope that the league would apologize to our entire team and in particular, Coach (Bill) Belichick and Tom Brady for what they have had to endure this past week."

INDIANAPOLIS STAR

Patriots owner Robert Kraft wants DeflateGate apology

Note the wording, and these words matter. This wasn't an extemporaneous speech or a blurted answer to a media question. This was a planned statement, prepared ahead of time and delivered by the owner of the Patriots.

This was intended.

If the NFL can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Patriots cheated – if the NFL cannot "definitively determine" they cheated – Bob Kraft wants an apology.

Here's the thing: The Patriots already have been caught with 11 shrunken footballs, out of 12 total, at the AFC title game. That's a fact. The balls were fine when they were checked by an official before the game, then were not fine when they were checked again at halftime. What happened in the interim? Ask the Patriots. They had the balls in their possession, in and out of public view, the entire time.

But to Bob Kraft, those facts aren't enough. The chain of possession isn't enough. The fingerprints on the deflated footballs? Those belong to Patriots. But that isn't enough. Now, Kraft is saying, the NFL has to show us how our fingerprints got there.

Or we want an apology.

INDIANAPOLIS STAR

IndySportsDay: Petition seeks replay of the AFC title game, without the Patriots

That was bizarre, but Lynch is no comedian. He's no Bob Kraft. At one point Monday night, Kraft uttered the following knee-slapper. Wish I'd been there, just so I could have giggled when Roger Goodell's good buddy said:

"Tom (Brady), Bill (Belichick) and I have been together for 15 years," he said. "They are my guys, they are part of my family. … And it bothers me greatly that their reputations and integrity, and by association that of our team, has been called into question this past week."

Um, Bob? Belichick's integrity was called into a question a long time ago. And proved to be lacking. It's like Kraft forgot Spygate. Or he thinks we did.

If Kraft thought he was sending a message, setting a tone that this topic would be off-limits the rest of the week, he thought wrong. The media weren't satisfied by Kraft's arrogance. Belichick was asked 20 different times in 20 different ways on Tuesday about the footballs his team used last week against the Colts, and Belichick held firm to his position:

"We're focused on Seattle," he said over and over and over. Belichick was smiling at first, trying to kill the media cockroaches with kindness. It started Monday night when the Patriots arrived in Phoenix and Belichick was bombarded with DeflateGate questions, and he literally started his first two answers like so:

"I appreciate the question …"

Mr. Nice Guy was back Tuesday for media day, until he realized you can't kill cockroaches. Halfway through his press conference he was sneering, giving petulant non-answers like, "You figure it out" and, "You've got a transcript of it, I don't know."

INDIANAPOLIS STAR

Colts have $4M in fines for infractions, most in NFL

Outside the arena, a fan in Dad jeans and with one eye swollen shut spotted me in my Indy Star shirt and offered me "the story of the century." Keep talking, I told him. He told me he's a mechanical engineer and that nobody tampered with the Patriots' footballs, because pressure leaks from a football over time. What, I asked, about the Colts' footballs?

"They leaked too," he said.

And you know this how?

"Because if they didn't leak, they're not from this galaxy."

Made me long for Marshawn Lynch. But Bob Kraft? You can keep that guy. He's delusional, like so many of the Patriots fans populating social media:

Prove we cheated, they say.

The NFL found 11 of your 12 footballs were against the rules.

Prove how we cheated, they say.

Nah. Eleven illegal footballs is all I need. As for the rest of it? Hey, I'm just here so I won't get fined.

Find Star columnist Gregg Doyel on Twitter at @GreggDoyelStar or atwww.facebook.com/gregg.doyel

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Outside the arena, a fan in Dad jeans and with one eye swollen shut spotted me in my Indy Star shirt and offered me "the story of the century." Keep talking, I told him. He told me he's a mechanical engineer and that nobody tampered with the Patriots' footballs, because pressure leaks from a football over time. What, I asked, about the Colts' footballs?

"They leaked too," he said.

And you know this how?

"Because if they didn't leak, they're not from this galaxy."
Yes, pressure leaks over time... not that much over the course of one half though!

They'd be playing with obviously deflated husks by the end of the game!

I'm sorry to get so worked up about this, guys. I just have an allergy to deliberate ignorance.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
This is obviously eating Kraft inside out.

The fact that this whole thing has made Kraft, Billacheat and Brady miserable, in a week that should be pure enjoyment, is a great gift.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yes, pressure leaks over time... not that much over the course of one half though!

They'd be playing with obviously deflated husks by the end of the game!

I'm sorry to get so worked up about this, guys. I just have an allergy to deliberate ignorance.
I would NOT take my truck to that mechanic.