Kitchen Nightmares Crazy Amy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I know I made a "shows you cannot stand" topic a while back, but I was slightly sick last Friday and stayed in and watched this.

Holy shit.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQDtoHpAWhg[/youtube]

The crazy/mental is hilarious and uncomfortable at the same time. And her tirades are all over the internet, and it even made news outlets.

Here's the yelp site <a class="postlink" href="http://www.yelp.com/biz/amys-baking-company-scottsdale#hrid:c6GfpA9j5HAVJIbK6D50Vw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.yelp.com/biz/amys-baking-com ... JIbK6D50Vw</a>

This was from 2010: <a class="postlink" href="http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/2010/08/ouch_todays_hard_lesson_on_yel.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/ ... on_yel.php</a>

News story (video on the page) <a class="postlink" href="http://www.azfamily.com/news/Fired-waitress-dishes-on-Amys-Baking-Company-207690151.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.azfamily.com/news/Fired-wait ... 90151.html</a>

bluecoconuts

Legend
She made a post on Facebook about re-opening, saying her staff are all paid more than average and stuff like that... Said she lied to Ramsey because he wasn't American, etc. Weird stuff.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That chick's a bit of a loon.
And their facebook page was/is hilarious.

PhxRam

X said:

If you come in December we should head over to her restaurant.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PhxRam said:
X said:

I would love that. Because the guy "Sammie?" invites anyone to come to his restaurant to "say it to his face."
I think I'd like to experience that.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Hahahahaha!!! DAMN!!!!

Dude I feel bad for the younger lady's working there getting screwed...

here is the full episode - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh7Ki2Q2yxFL7C12kq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... yxFL7C12kq</a>

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
PhxRam said:
X said:

You live nearby there?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just watched the episode...and I'm really pissed off at its content. It's bad enough that they dare to make food so terrible. It's even worse that they treat their customers so poorly...but stealing tips from waitresses and waiters and putting them in their own pockets? That's fucking low.

I've worked in food service for four years of my life. My brother has had jobs at four different restaurants. My best friend was once a waitress, and her income practically relied on tips when she worked as one. Because of that, I make sure to tip twenty percent every time unless the service is particularly horrible. Even then, I leave a tip because that's their way of earning money.

To see those foul, corrupt, evil, demonic, monstrous fucking pieces of fucking shit (because I would never in a million eternities call them human beings) do this to their own employees...it boils my fucking blood so much. And how dare they claim to have God on their side when they treat people like that? I hope both of their fucking arses get jailed for fraud, and I hope they both get the shit beaten out of them every day while they're in jail.

Mere fucking words cannot come close to describe how absolutely pissed off I am at those wastes of life.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Memento said:
Just watched the episode...and I'm really pissed off at its content. It's bad enough that they dare to make food so terrible. It's even worse that they treat their customers so poorly...but stealing tips from waitresses and waiters and putting them in their own pockets? That's freaking low.

I've worked in food service for four years of my life. My brother has had jobs at four different restaurants. My best friend was once a waitress, and her income practically relied on tips when she worked as one. Because of that, I make sure to tip twenty percent every time unless the service is particularly horrible. Even then, I leave a tip because that's their way of earning money.

To see those foul, corrupt, evil, demonic, monstrous freaking pieces of freaking shyte (because I would never in a million eternities call them human beings) do this to their own employees...it boils my freaking blood so much. And how dare they claim to have God on their side when they treat people like that? I hope both of their freaking arses get jailed for fraud, and I hope they both get the shyte beaten out of them every day while they're in jail.

Mere freaking words cannot come close to describe how absolutely pissed off I am at those wastes of life.
But after X says shit straight to their face. :hehe:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Memento said:
Just watched the episode...and I'm really pissed off at its content. It's bad enough that they dare to make food so terrible. It's even worse that they treat their customers so poorly...but stealing tips from waitresses and waiters and putting them in their own pockets? That's freaking low.

To see those foul, corrupt, evil, demonic, monstrous freaking pieces of freaking shyte (because I would never in a million eternities call them human beings) do this to their own employees...it boils my freaking blood so much. And how dare they claim to have God on their side when they treat people like that? I hope both of their freaking arses get jailed for fraud, and I hope they both get the shyte beaten out of them every day while they're in jail.

Mere freaking words cannot come close to describe how absolutely pissed off I am at those wastes of life.
Damn preach somebody get this man a soapbox. All kidding aside these owners are a joke the lady was already a felon before this now she wants to steal tips and pretend she makes great food in her easy bake oven give me a break she is prob using the techings she learned in jail food service

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Awww damn, the video got removed.

But never fear, here's the full episode!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XjgHEctcy0[/youtube]

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Angry Ram said:
Awww damn, the video got removed.

But never fear, here's the full episode!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XjgHEctcy0[/youtube]
Just like any negative reviews on yelp lmao

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Amy reminds me of my Dad's gold-digging 2nd wife.... very scary sick.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
You can go to yelp and other places across tge world wide Web and comfirm this bitch is cerified crazy lol

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
LesBaker said:
That has GOT to be staged.....it cannot be real.
Staged or not, there is no such thing as reality TV. Not the way Survivor or Kitchen Nightmares is presented. As soon as someone knows they're being filmed/taped, they stop being themselves.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ram Quixote said:
LesBaker said:
Staged or not, there is no such thing as reality TV. Not the way Survivor or Kitchen Nightmares is presented. As soon as someone knows they're being filmed/taped, they stop being themselves.

The girl who got fired did a Q/A online, said that the owners for the most part acted real, the only real difference that she noticed was more people sent food back to the kitchen, and she speculated that it was because they wanted to get some TV time... Otherwise most of them would just sit there and accept it.

Apparently the cops did come in the beginning with that big fight, and that they really did keep tips and yell at customers like that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
They did but they're having a grand re-opening pretty soon, where seats sold out already. Likely going to be a bunch of people who shit all over the food just to see the reaction though.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram Quixote said:
LesBaker said:

No doubt. I read the reviews from before the show and though a lot of them talked about some of what we saw in the show, there were several glowing reviews. So take some of the things they were known for and totally dramatize them Ramsey style. Ee-ghad!

Now keep in mind that I own a restaurant and I wouldn't even begin to do the things they apparently were doing - telling off customers, keeping tips (OMFG - how would you EVER get a decent server?), yelling at staff in front of customers, just wow.

If even one of these things was happening - even rarely - these people are in the wrong industry. What did these tools do to come up with a million dollars to open a restaurant? And if you had a million dollars to open a restaurant, would you really do it in a strip mall? Holy fuck! I suppose you have traffic but.... nothing says fine dining and French Bistro like a strip mall.

So I really can't buy this reality TV crap. Guess you gotta give nearly everyone their 15 minutes of fame. They overdrew their account by 45 minutes.