Kirk Ferentz on Whether Scherff Is A Good Fit for the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Fisher has desires a strong pounding running game, Plus Fisher sure needs a OLG in a bad way with him wanting to keep Rodger Saffold on the right side of the OL. I believe that Brandon Scherff would have a great long future in that spot. Just not so sure about his ability @ OT either side in spite of what his coach says about him be very athletic with a great mental attitude.

Having Saffold 6-4 330 & Scherff 6-5 320 strating OG duo would sure open some large size holes for our RB's. Most will find using a top #10 pick on a OLG very hard to take. I do not have such issues.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That's the exciting thing about drafting for the oline... Imagine another mauler to go with Robinson and Saffold. That would be some serious people movers. Sweet.

Memphis Ram

Legend
That's the exciting thing about drafting for the oline... Imagine another mauler to go with Robinson and Saffold. That would be some serious people movers. Sweet.

Not too hard for me to imagine. They had 3 run blocking maulers on the OLine when Long was playing and Robinson was at LG.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Not too hard for me to imagine. They had 3 run blocking maulers on the OLine when Long was playing and Robinson was at LG.

Well; Robinson didn't start until week 6 and Long was injured week 8. We certainly didn't get a long look at that combo.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Fisher has desires a strong pounding running game, Plus Fisher sure needs a OLG in a bad way with him wanting to keep Rodger Saffold on the right side of the OL. I believe that Brandon Scherff would have a great long future in that spot. Just not so sure about his ability @ OT either side in spite of what his coach says about him be very athletic with a great mental attitude.

Having Saffold 6-4 330 & Scherff 6-5 320 strating OG duo would sure open some large size holes for our RB's. Most will find using a top #10 pick on a OLG very hard to take. I do not have such issues.

Agreed and I do think that Scherff will end up being the Rams top pick.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Agreed and I do think that Scherff will end up being the Rams top pick.

Baring a trade down or one of the top WRs falling to us your probably right. I'm still hoping one of the WRs falls but its looking less and less likely every day. I would be just fine with Scherff at 10 but I would much rather trade down pick up an extra 2nd and draft Erving.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Baring a trade down or one of the top WRs falling to us your probably right. I'm still hoping one of the WRs falls but its looking less and less likely every day. I would be just fine with Scherff at 10 but I would much rather trade down pick up an extra 2nd and draft Erving.

I would prefer one of your scenarios (Preferably Cooper or White falling to #10) but I just have a feeling Cooper and White will both be gone and Scherff will still be there at #10 and the Rams will take him (Which, won't upset me at all).