Kirk Cousins wants to be traded if RG3 is named 2015 starter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If things in St. Louis were as tumultuous as they are in Washington D.C. then yes I would. Cousins is picking an inopportune time to say these things considering that he didn't perform well when given the chance. He is a backup and thinks much too highly of his abilities. Cut him and roll with McCoy as backup.

Perhaps he feels that none of the QBs earned the right to be named the automatic starter. I'd be pissed too if RGme was named starter before the end of preseason. Or he sees a way out of a terrible mess of a team. The mess he tried to win the job in wasn't really that far off from the shitpile Bradford had to work with his first couple of years, so I'd send a 5th round for him. I don't think that'd be a bad gamble.

moklerman

Warner-phile
First of all, there's no direct quote from Cousins in that article is there?

Second, I have no problem with what he supposedly said. If any of my QB's are content to just be a backup and don't have enough fire to want to be starting, then there's a problem.

Granted, one has to know their place and situation but in this case, I don't think Cousins is out of line. None of the QB's on that roster have earned the right to be named starter so Cousins is justified in saying he wants the opportunity to fight for the job.

Cousins obviously feels there is writing on the wall or he wouldn't have come out with this now so what's going on behind the scenes is probably what has him motivated to try and move on.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
First of all, there's no direct quote from Cousins in that article is there?

Second, I have no problem with what he supposedly said. If any of my QB's are content to just be a backup and don't have enough fire to want to be starting, then there's a problem.

Granted, one has to know their place and situation but in this case, I don't think Cousins is out of line. None of the QB's on that roster have earned the right to be named starter so Cousins is justified in saying he wants the opportunity to fight for the job.

Cousins obviously feels there is writing on the wall or he wouldn't have come out with this now so what's going on behind the scenes is probably what has him motivated to try and move on.

Good point on the absence of a quote. Maybe it is just poor wording. Even if they say that RGIII is the projected starter why does that mean Cousins wont be able to compete with him in camp? Why isn't Cousins saying, "I will compete and win the job and prove that I should be the starter?" or " I will be the best team player I can be and when I get my opportunity to show them that I am the better player I will be ready for it". The suggestion that he wants traded does not scream team player and does sound a bit 'me me', whether he thinks he earned it or not.