Kirk Cousins has a sprained right foot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/19/kirk-cousins-has-a-sprained-right-foot/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ight-foot/</a>
Kirk Cousins has a sprained right foot
The Redskins had an uncomfortably familiar moment Monday night in their first home game since their playoff loss to the Seahawks when their starting quarterback had to exit the game with an injury.

The starter was Kirk Cousins not Robert Griffin III, the injury was to his foot instead of his knee and it was a preseason game, but otherwise the difference is negligible.

Cousins has been diagnosed with a sprained foot and there’s no timetable yet for his recovery or return. Albert Breer of the NFL Network reports that Cousins’ sprain is located in the middle of the foot, which has led to extended absences for several players in the past. Again, there’s no timetable but it seems like a good bet that Rex Grossman will be starting the team’s third and fourth preseason games.

The odds might not be as good, but there’s also a chance that Grossman’s the guy backing up Robert Griffin III when the Redskins start the regular season against the Eagles.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/19/report-barry-cofield-has-broken-hand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... oken-hand/</a>
Barry Cofield has broken hand
Redskins starting nose tackle Barry Cofield exited Monday’s exhibition game vs. Pittsburgh with an injury, the club said earlier on Monday night.

According to Redskins radio reporter Rick “Doc” Walker, and via Chris Russell of ESPN 980 in Washington D.C., Cofield’s injury is a broken right hand. (Walker originally said it was Cofield’s left hand but later corrected his report, according to Russell, and Walker tweeted to that effect as well.)

Per Russell, who cited a report from Walker, Cofield does not believe the injury is a major one.

Cofield, 29, has started all 32 regular-season games since joining Washington in 2011. Chris Neild and Ron Brace are the next two nose tackles on the club’s depth chart.

A55VA6

Legend
How awesome would it be if the Redskins just majorly failed this year? Their players seem so fragile.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
At the very least, I think their going to put a tight leash on RGIII's running which will take away a large part of his game.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
HE WITH HORNS said:
#1 overall pick. Start believing gentlemen!

With Grossman they are still better than Jax and Oak, only place Shanahan could GET the #1 would BE Oakland.
I'll be very surprised if it's a top 10.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
nighttrain keeping me centered:
let us not sink so low as to root for Skin's injuries :hehe:
I'm not rooting for injuries train, I'm merely happy about the effect they will have on the Rams.

My wife is an RN and when her hospital doesn't have enough patients they send her home without pay and it hurts our family finances. So I'm happy when the hospital has enough patients that they need her services but I'm not happy about the plight of any of the individual patients.

Having said that, it's a fine line to walk and it never hurts when your friends try to keep you from losing your way. :nice:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
nighttrain said:
albefree69 said:
High draft pick? :zomg:
let us not sink so low as to root for Skin's injuries :hehe:

train

Yeah - we should just hope they all get arrested. :sly: I keed I keed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm sure RGKnee has been planning to start the opener and I'm sure that's Shanahan's plan as well.

So this news isn't that big of a blow until he blows out the ACL. Dude's a friggin hit magnet.