Kipper: top 10 at each position

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
sn_bridgewater_manziel_kh_576x324.jpg

Teddy Bridgewater and Johnny Manziel are in the mix to be drafted first in May.

To go directly to a position group, click these links:

Offense: QB| RB| FB| WR| TE| OT | G | C | K/P
Defense: DE | DT | OLB | ILB| CB | S

With the 2014 NFL combine set to get underway next week, here's a full update of where I have the top 10 players ranked across every position. If you wonder how these can shift weeks after the last game has been played, just know that I'm still going through tape and gathering feedback, aiming for a handful of players per day, pretty much every day through the end of April. It's tedious, but you really do see things you miss during the season, when there are simply too many games to digest every week.

Remember: Prospects below are listed under projected NFL positions. A college tackle could be listed at guard, a college defensive end listed at linebacker and so on. There have been adjustments at every position group -- even the punters.

I'll update again after breaking down the combine performances.

* Denotes a junior at time of entering the draft.

** Denotes a redshirt sophomore at time of entering draft.

Mock Draft 2.0 | Big Board | Top 10 Prospects by position

Offense

ncf_a_ucfqb_cr_288x162.jpg

AP Photo/Rick ScuteriThe stock of UCF's Blake Bortles has risen considerably.

QB

Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
2. *Blake Bortles, UCF
3. **Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
4. Derek Carr, Fresno State
5. AJ McCarron, Alabama
6. Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois
7. Zach Mettenberger, LSU
8. Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech
9. *Brett Smith, Wyoming
10. Aaron Murray, Georgia

Two shifts of note since my last update. Garoppolo moves up after a strong showing at the Senior Bowl, during the week of practice as well as in the game itself, and I've put Murray back among the top 10. The expectation is Murray will be ready to throw for evaluators in April at the Georgia pro day.

RB

Carlos Hyde, Ohio State
2. *Ka'Deem Carey, Arizona
3. *Bishop Sankey, Washington
4. *Jeremy Hill, LSU
5. *Lache Seastrunk, Baylor
6. *De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon
7. *Tre Mason, Auburn
8. Charles Sims, West Virginia
9. Dri Archer, Kent State
10. Andre Williams, Boston College

Although the top of this list remains unchanged, I've added Archer. I expect him to put on a show at the combine thanks to his elite speed and agility. I think he could end up as a middle-rounds selection. The combine certainly could shift this group as we see not only the kind of speed these guys have but also accurate size measurements.

FB

Trey Millard, Oklahoma
2. Ryan Hewitt, Stanford
3. Jay Prosch, Auburn
4. J.C. Copeland, LSU
5. Kiero Small, Arkansas
6. Chad Young, San Diego State
7. Chad Abram, Florida State
8. C.J. Zimmerer, Nebraska
9. Jordan Luallen, Cincinnati
10. David Sims, Georgia Tech

Although Millard won't be able to work out in Indianapolis as he continues his recovery from an ACL injury suffered in October, he remains on top. Things to watch at the combine for this group will include speed, but also how well these guys are catching the ball.

WR

ncf_g_cooks1x_288x162.jpg

Steve Dykes/Getty ImagesBrandin Cooks won the Biletnikoff Award as the nation's top wide receiver in 2013.

Sammy Watkins, Clemson
2. *Marqise Lee, USC
3. **Mike Evans, Texas A&M
4. *Odell Beckham Jr., LSU
5. *Brandin Cooks, Oregon State
6. **Davante Adams, Fresno State
7. *Jarvis Landry, LSU
8. **Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State
9. Robert Herron, Wyoming
10. Josh Huff, Oregon

There are three additions to this group since the last ranking, with Landry the biggest riser and Herron and Huff also joining the mix. Huff had a strong week in Mobile. The biggest riser among incumbents is Beckham, who appears better as a route runner and pass-catcher as I've gone back through the tape.

TE

Eric Ebron, North Carolina
2. *Jace Amaro, Texas Tech
3. *Troy Niklas, Notre Dame
4. *Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
5. C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
6. Crockett Gillmore, Colorado State
7. Marcel Jensen, Fresno State
8. *Jake Murphy, Utah
9. *Colt Lyerla, Oregon
10. Jordan Najvar, Baylor

Although Ebron and Amaro are on the Big Board and are considered likely first-round picks, Niklas has solidified his status as a potential first-round pick and even a potential challenger to be the second tight end taken. His blocking ability is ahead of Ebron's and Amaro's, but I think he's athletic enough to be split out or work in the slot consistently. The thought of a physical talent like ASJ still being around midway through Round 2 is somewhat surprising.

OT

ncf_g_robinson_b1_288x162.jpg

Kevin C. Cox/Getty ImagesGreg Robinson's stock improved during the 2013 season, and he might be a top-five pick in May.

Greg Robinson, Auburn
2. Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
3. Taylor Lewan, Michigan
4. Zack Martin, Notre Dame
5. *Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama
6. *Antonio Richardson, Tennessee
7. Morgan Moses, Virginia
8. Jack Mewhort, Ohio State
9. Ja'Wuan James, Tennessee
10. Seantrel Henderson, Miami (Fla.)

There has been a change at the top here, as I now have Robinson as the top tackle and the current favorite to be the first tackle taken in the draft. He's even a challenger to go No. 1 overall. Henderson is the new addition to this list, although he's well known to many, given he was once a top prospect coming out of high school. Keep an eye on Richardson, who is a gifted athlete at his size -- he could shine at the combine.

OG

Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State
2. *David Yankey, Stanford
3. Brandon Thomas, Clemson
4. *Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA
5. Cyril Richardson, Baylor
6. Joel Bitonio, Nevada
7. Jon Halapio, Florida
8. John Urschel, Penn State
9. Chris Watt, Notre Dame
10. Ryan Groy, Wisconsin

A deeper review has me moving Jackson to the top of this list. Urschel is the biggest riser, as he was not ranked among the top 10 in my previous ranking. Richardson has a lot of good tape but didn't impress at the Senior Bowl.

OC

Marcus Martin, USC
2. Weston Richburg, Colorado State
3. *Russell Bodine, North Carolina
4. Travis Swanson, Arkansas
5. Bryan Stork, Florida State
6. Jonotthan Harrison, Florida
7. Tyler Larsen, Utah State
8. Dillon Farrell, New Mexico
9. James Stone, Tennessee
10. Zac Kerin, Toledo

Martin was the No. 4 center in my previous ranking but now sits at No. 1 and is, with Richburg and Bodine, now a potential Day 2 pick. You look for a different set of traits in a center, and Martin's athleticism stands out. Richburg isn't a sleeper -- he's a known commodity for many.

Defense

DE

Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
2. *Kony Ealy, Missouri
3. *Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame
4. *Scott Crichton, Oregon State
5. Chris Smith, Arkansas
6. *Demarcus Lawrence, Boise State
7. Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas
8. Kareem Martin, North Carolina
9. *Jeoffrey Pagan, Alabama
10. Marcus Smith, Louisville

Jadeveon Clowney might feel compelled to defend his stats, but count me among those who aren't too worried. Sack totals are certainly great indicators, but Clowney was consistently disruptive this season, and offenses were constantly aware of and concerned about his presence. The combine should further cement his status as a top-three lock. Lawrence is the biggest riser here, and Ealy could really help himself in Indy.

DT

ncf_u_timmyjernigan_ms_288x162.jpg

Melina Vastola/USA TODAY SportsTimmy Jernigan is renowned for a strong work ethic, and he continues to improve.

Timmy Jernigan, Florida State
2. *Louis Nix III, Notre Dame
3. Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
4. *Kelcy Quarles, South Carolina
5. Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota
6. Will Sutton, Arizona State
7. *Dominique Easley, Florida
8. DaQuan Jones, Penn State
9. *Anthony Johnson, LSU
10. *Ego Ferguson, LSU

Donald moves up a little after a superb week in Mobile, but I still have some concerns about his frame and what it'll mean when he's dealing with NFL interior linemen on a weekly basis. Sutton is an interesting guy to watch at the combine because he was a more disruptive player when he played a bit lighter.

IL

C.J. Mosley, Alabama
2. Chris Borland, Wisconsin
3. Shayne Skov, Stanford
4. Preston Brown, Louisville
5. Max Bullough, Michigan State
6. *Yawin Smallwood, Connecticut
7. Jordan Zumwalt, UCLA
8. Glenn Carson, Penn State
9. Avery Williamson, Kentucky
10. Andrew Jackson, Western Kentucky

This list stays pretty similar from the one I posted in January, with Williamson jumping into the mix and Jackson also in there. In one case, Lamin Barrow didn't drop out, but I've instead listed him among outside linebackers. And I do realize you can get into a gray area with positions with linebackers and edge rushers (including defensive ends).

OL

Khalil Mack, Buffalo
2. Anthony Barr, UCLA
3. *Ryan Shazier, Ohio State
4. Dee Ford, Auburn
5. Kyle Van Noy, BYU
6. Trent Murphy, Stanford
7. *Carl Bradford, Arizona State
8. Telvin Smith, Florida State
9. Lamin Barrow, LSU
10. *Adrian Hubbard, Alabama

Mack is now the clear-cut leader of this group, his athleticism and versatility taking him to the top. Barr will be a guy to watch in workouts, particularly because some could see him bulking up a little bit and working as a 4-3 defensive end. Shazier isn't a pass-rusher, but you can leave him on the weak side and watch him make plays for the next 7-8 years.

CB

Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
2. Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
3. Lamarcus Joyner, Florida State
4. Jason Verrett, TCU
5. *Marcus Roberson, Florida
6. *Bradley Roby, Ohio State
7. Keith McGill, Utah
8. *Loucheiz Purifoy, Florida
9. Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
10. *Bashaud Breeland, Clemson

There's no way around the fact that this is a group that could shuffle some based on what happens in Indy. It's not just the 40 -- it'll also be about the measurements, with length so important now, given the size of many of the NFL's top receivers. You'll hear about guys rising because of long arms, for instance. A big change here is I've moved Joyner over from safeties. I think he'll operate as a slot corner and seems better listed here.

S

ncf_a_dix1x_288x162.jpg

AP Photo/Butch DillHa Ha Clinton-Dix possesses ball skills that will serve him well at the NFL level.

Calvin Pryor, Louisville
2. *Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama
3. Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois
4. Deone Bucannon, Washington State
5. *Dion Bailey, USC
6. Antone Exum, Virginia Tech
7. Terrence Brooks, Florida State
8. Ahmad Dixon, Baylor
9. Marqueston Huff, Wyoming
10. Ty Zimmerman, Kansas State

There's a change at the top, with Pryor now ahead of Clinton-Dix. My guess is there will be split opinions on those two depending on which GM you ask, with some preferring Pryor's instincts and downhill style and others preferring the range Clinton-Dix offers in coverage. Who goes first could come down to scheme. The riser for me is Ward, who isn't a big player but is a very good one and looks as if he can start early. Likely a second-rounder.

PK

Anthony Fera, Texas
2. Zach Hocker, Arkansas
3. Chris Boswell, Rice
4. Cairo Santos, Tulane
5. Carey Spear, Vanderbilt
6. Mitch Ewald, Indiana
7. Andrew Furney, Washington State
8. Vincenzo D'Amato, California
9. Chandler Catanzaro, Clemson
10. Cody Parkey, Auburn

Biggest change here is Hocker moving up to No. 2. Also, Parkey is new to the list

Punters

1. Steven Clark, Auburn
2. Pat O'Donnell, Miami (Fla.)
3. Tom Hornsey, Memphis
4. Richie Leone, Houston
5. Cody Mandell, Alabama
6. Kirby Van Der Kamp, Iowa State
7. Michael Palardy, Tennessee
8. Cody Webster, Purdue
9. Ben Skaer, New Mexico
10. Tyler Campbell, Mississippi

New to the list is Vols' Palardy, who did a good job pinning opponents this past season. He also can step in and handle kicking duties in a pinch. Clark jumps to No. 1 from No. 4.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...updates-list-top-nfl-prospects-every-position

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Give me the following guys:

1.2) LOT- Greg Robinson
1.13) Either CB Gilbert or Dennard if we sign a nickel CB then trade down or take DT
2.12) S Denone Bucannon

3.11) OG Cyril Richardson
4.10) ROT Ja'Wuan James

5.13) OG Jon Halapio
6.12) DT
7.11) OLB

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I am surprised. Although as the Gnome posted above ... he might have left a couple guys out ( I like Conner Shaw more than Logan Thomas), I think his rankings on players are more in line as how I see them. And I have NEVER been a fan of Mel Kiper. I always felt that he ranked more along the lines of "public opinion" than actual "knowledge". Wait .... oh fuck I'm screwed!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Mel has never been a draft expert in my eyes. After how much he hyped on Clausen, I pretty much consider him an idiot. This draft I think he did ok with his picks. Tre Mason is more than number 7 at RB if you ask me.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Mel has never been a draft expert in my eyes. After how much he hyped on Clausen, I pretty much consider him an idiot. This draft I think he did ok with his picks. Tre Mason is more than number 7 at RB if you ask me.
Tre Mason is actually the guy I'd like to see them pair with Stacy. They would compliment each other well.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am surprised. Although as the Gnome posted above ... he might have left a couple guys out ( I like Conner Shaw more than Logan Thomas), I think his rankings on players are more in line as how I see them. And I have NEVER been a fan of Mel Kiper. I always felt that he ranked more along the lines of "public opinion" than actual "knowledge". Wait .... oh freak I'm screwed!

Yes I like Shaw much better than Thomas too. Thomas has looked awful for much of this year. Mewhort didn't play that well to be that high and Neither did Glen Carson.