Kipers Mock 4.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Mel Kiper has a new mock out today (insider subscription required because boo), and it's a bit of an eye-opener for Rams fans.

# Team Pick POS School
1 Tampa Bay Jameis Winston QB Florida St.
2 Tennessee Marcus Mariota QB Oregon
3 Jacksonville Leonard Williams DL USC
4 Oakland Amari Cooper WR Alabama
5 Washington Dante Fowler Jr. DE Florida
6 New York Jets Brandon Scherff OT Iowa
7 Chicago Kevin White WR West Virginia
8 Atlanta Vic Beasley OLB Clemson
9 New York Giants Shane Ray DE Missouri
Conventional wisdom comfort sauce in that top 9. At 10? (Seat belt might be wise.)

Breshad Perriman (WR, UCF)
Analysis: No player has risen more on my board over the past month than Perriman, a player who I always thought looked explosive on tape, then lived up to that by running sub-4.3 two separate times at his pro day. We know the Rams have a need for another potent weapon in the passing game, and Perriman could fit the bill. One of the bigger sleepers in the 2015 draft class at this point, Perriman has good length but will also prove dangerous after the catch. At one time I had him as a likely second-round pick, but now I see him as a close call in terms of overall ability next to the top few wide receivers in this class.

That's...well, that's something. For a staff that took as long as it did to develop Brian Quick (and even then, a half season isn't proof positive that that development is sufficient) and has yet to form a cohesive strategy of how to successfully implement Tavon Austin into the offense, a big body speed threat (think Torrey Smith) perhaps isn't the best buy at 10.

If anything, this reinforces my comfort level with trading down (and with rumors that the Dolphins are hyped to get into the top 10 for Kevin White, the market might be softening at the right time for St. Louis). Perriman is anything but a consensus third WR; Mocking the Draft's Dan Kadar had him as his 10th-ranked WR just 10 days ago.

One thing's for sure. As long as the draft has been on the approach, there's still three weeks to throw everything we thought we knew off base.

Might wanna keep that seat belt on.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would puke if this was the pick. We don't need another Raw developmental WR. If There gonna draft a WR at 10 I pray its Cooper, White, or Parker. If they want a raw WR go after DGB in the 2nd.

Stel

Starter
Doubt he would be the highest rated player on the Rams' draft board at 10, but if he is, wouldn't bother me if they took him. I think it is essential that you take the best players you can, especially in the top half of the first round in a draft with very few elite type players. Perriman would be a serious upgrade over Givens and would markedly upgrade our receiving corps. But again, as I said at the beginning, I don't think he will be our highest rated prospect at #10.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doubt he would be the highest rated player on the Rams' draft board at 10, but if he is, wouldn't bother me if they took him. I think it is essential that you take the best players you can, especially in the top half of the first round in a draft with very few elite type players. Perriman would be a serious upgrade over Givens and would markedly upgrade our receiving corps. But again, as I said at the beginning, I don't think he will be our highest rated prospect at #10.

You like Perriman better than Parker?

Athos

Legend
lol. Kiper is awful at mocking players to teams. Guys here do a far better job.

There are only 2 WRs you take at 10 not named Cooper or White. The first is Parker. The 2nd, in DGB, you have to be positive he can mature as an adult.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Perriman, maybe, but as has been said, in this scenario, Parker is still their, and I think he's a better receiver.
That said If these picks go down this way, I would prefer the Rams Trade down, get extra picks, and get an O-Lineman!!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
It seems like Mel ALWAYS (for the last decade anyway) mocks us a WR.

RamBill

Legend
ESPN’s Mel Kiper talks about his latest mock draft with Todd McShay commenting on some of his choices, including WR Breshad Perriman to the Rams at #10

Watch Kiper Talk Mock Draft

==========

Kiper mocks WR Perriman to Rams

By Nate Latsch

http://stl.scout.com/story/1535887-kiper-mocks-wr-perriman-to-rams?s=124

Breshad Perriman is one of the hot names among NFL Draft prospects after running blazing times in the 40-yard dash at his pro day. Now, ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. has the UCF wide receiver landing in the top 10 in his latest mock draft.

The St. Louis Rams have been linked previously to the top two wide receivers in this draft, Alabama’s Amari Cooper and West Virginia’s Kevin White, but now Kiper, in his latest mock, has them selecting the speedster from Central Florida at No. 10.

The 6-foot-2, 212-pounder, whose father Brett played in the NFL for 10 seasons, has attracted a lot of attention over the past few weeks since his pro day at UCF.

There, Perriman reportedly ran the 40-yard dash in 4.24 and 4.27 seconds, recorded a vertical leap of 36 ½ inches and a broad jump of 10 feet, 7 inches along with 18 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press.

Those numbers come after Perriman averaged 20.9 yards per catch during the 2013 season and had 50 receptions with a 20.9 yards-per-catch average and nine touchdowns in 2014. He has had some issues with dropped passes, but his speed and playmaking ability makes him one of the more intriguing players going into the 2015 Draft.

NFL.com has listed Kenny Britt and Josh Gordon as NFL comparisons for Perriman. Britt was the Rams’ top wide receiver last season and Gordon has been one of the NFL’s most productive players when he’s been able to take the field.

“Rare combination of size, top-end speed and suddenness that can be found in some of the best receivers in the game,” NFL.com wrote of Perriman. “Arrow is pointed way up on Perriman and he is one of the most discussed prospects in draft rooms around the league. His drops will drive teams crazy, but his physical traits and ability to hit the big play should warrant early consideration.”

Perriman is ranked by Scout.com as the 45th-best prospect in the 2015 Draft and the seventh-best wide receiver, behind Cooper, DeVante Parker, White, Jaelen Strong, Dorial Green-Beckham and Devin Smith. Those rankings were set before Perriman’s stock-rising pro day performance.

fearsomefour

Legend
Mel Kiper....
Put some face make up on him and an upside down cross necklace and he is King Diamond....for the metal fans.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Given that they don't use the internet media draft boards most bank on, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Rams selected Perriman at #10.

Athos

Legend
We aren't selecting Perriman at 10. There's a 0% chance.

Yep. We take Beckham before Perriman.

And hell, Beckham imo, still goes before Perriman. Strong may has well. Though the Ravens may take Perriman at 23.

I could see the Hags taking him at 30.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

And hell, Beckham imo, still goes before Perriman. Strong may has well. Though the Ravens may take Perriman at 23.

I wouldn't bet on that. Seattle traded the #31 pick for Jimmy Graham. ;)

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
There's absolutely no way we take Perriman at #10. If White & Cooper are already gone (a fore-gone conclusion), & we take any WR at all, it'll be Parker. I wouldn't complain at all about that pick. But Perriman... n o w a y.
Kiper needs to stop posting crazy mocks just for attention.

jjab360

Legend

Who?

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
If we draft Fn' Perriman I have a few questions:

A) When did we hire some dumbass from the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS to be our draft guy?
B) When did they re-allow stick'em to be fair game? And they better lather him up from helmet too cleat after every play!!!!

Dude can't catch or run routes F the 40 time, we need football players!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too would puke & have diarrhoea at the same time if his name is called by the Rams !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Athos

Legend
I wouldn't bet on that. Seattle traded the #31 pick for Jimmy Graham. ;)

Good thing then lol. May be the Ravens pick then. Replace Torrie Smith. Kinda the same type of player almost than Perriman has a better ceiling.