Kiper/McShay Talk Rams Needs and Potential Draft Targets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Mel Kiper Jr., Todd McShay and Chris Sprow discuss the Rams’ needs heading into the NFL Draft and talk about some potential targets for Los Angeles. McShay doesn’t think Lynch is worthy of pick #15. Kiper would go WR at #15, and find a way to get a QB later in the draft or free agency.

Listen to Kiper/McShay Talk Rams

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I find it interesting that, in their discussion of Rams QB's/Possible QB's, there was absolutely NO comment on Mannion! "Is he 'Chopped-Liver or what!?!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I find it interesting that, in their discussion of Rams QB's/Possible QB's, there was absolutely NO comment on Mannion! "Is he 'Chopped-Liver or what!?!

I keep getting the same feeling. Why after one year, is the most NFL ready QB in the draft not competing with a lifetime backup? Instead Keenum is named starter.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I keep getting the same feeling. Why after one year, is the most NFL ready QB in the draft not competing with a lifetime backup? Instead Keenum is named starter.
Okay, but to be fair Keenun was named the starter going into the offseason. The front office was clear that there would be competition for the starting position, because they made a mistake last year.

They also said they would be bringing in at least one more player to compete for that position.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Okay, but to be fair Keenun was named the starter going into the offseason. The front office was clear that there would be competition for the starting position, because they made a mistake last year.

They also said they would be bringing in at least one more player to compete for that position.

Well yeah, but still why say Keenum is considered the starter and still need to find another QB to compete when they have Mannion? They apparently don't think Mannion can compete with Keenum. Otherwise they would have their number 1 and number 2 Qb with no need to bring in another........and they can trade Foles for the kitchen sink.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Well yeah, but still why say Keenum is considered the starter and still need to find another QB to compete when they have Mannion? They apparently don't think Mannion can compete with Keenum. Otherwise they would have their number 1 and number 2 Qb with no need to bring in another........and they can trade Foles for the kitchen sink.
They included Mannion in that conversation. I think they will want to cover all the bases. I don't think, necessarily, that Mannion is considered out.

Added: I don't care if we bring in 3 more guys and if Mannion wins, great.

Fisher said that right now Keenum is in the lead, and how can he not be? Keenum also appeared to generate interest in the league.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why oh why dies that idiot Kiper say we need to address the interior oline. That statement alone is reason every Rams fan should ignore this clown.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Why oh why dies that idiot Kiper say we need to address the interior oline. That statement alone is reason every Rams fan should ignore this clown.
Yep Rams have 10 interior OL'er signed & under contract presently. How many more interior OL'er s do we need? What is the meaning of his word Address?

#1-Rodger Saffold OG
#2-Cody Wichmann OG
#3-Jamon Brown OG
#4-Garrett Reynolds OG/OT
#5-Andrew Donnal OG/OT
#6-Demetrius Rhaney OC/OG
#7-Brian Folkerts OG/OC
#8-Eric Kush OC
#9-Davis Arkin OC/OG
#10-Tim Barnes OC

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Yep Rams have 10 interior OL'er signed & under contract presently. How many more interior OL'er s do we need? What is the meaning of his word Address?

#1-Rodger Saffold OG
#2-Cody Wichmann OG
#3-Jamon Brown OG
#5-Andrew Donnal OG/OT
#7-Brian Folkerts OG/OC
#8-Eric Kush OC
#9-Davis Arkin OC/OG
#10-Tim Barnes OC

It's the new Jumbo Package!! Line all 10 up in front of Gurley and GO!! Actually might be fun to see what happened :lifting:

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert

#1-Rodger Saffold OG
#2-Cody Wichmann OG
#3-Jamon Brown OG
#5-Andrew Donnal OG/OT
#7-Brian Folkerts OG/OC
#8-Eric Kush OC
#9-Davis Arkin OC/OG
#10-Tim Barnes OC

Could it be they are questioning the quality of our interior line rather than its quantity?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Could it be they are questioning the quality of our interior line rather than its quantity?
Sounds like more they're not closely following the Rams roster and the strength of the young guys up front. I could understand if they thought it was time to move on from Saffold and thought we needed to replace him, but at the expense of other areas f need? Sounds like they didn't really watch much Rams offensive line play last year to me.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saffold is a walking injury.

The bottom of 5 are garbage. Reynolds is a nice swing OL, better as a backup. Brown looked good, but got hurt. Donnal and Wichman both played decent at times. Out of those 10, it's likely that we end up with two good starting caliber OL.....interior line consists of 3 positions. I guess they could have been more specific and said Center, but I don't think they are too far off.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Good conversation re: the Rams. They are correct that the Rams NEED to fix the position. They also accurately project the Rams going WR if the QB isn't there, which makes sense.

What is gonna drive me batty is if Lynch is there at 15 but the Rams pass because he's gonna need time. And it's possible, since they gotta win now.

So, for the millionth time IMO: all logic points towards the Rams needing to MOVE UP FOR QB. Go up, get Goff, and he can probably compete in camp this year for the job with Keenum and Mannion. If not, they're OK with Keenum, but then again who knows maybe Mannion steps it up. But either way they are selling LA hope for the future by taking a highly talented QB finally.

I am praying that is what happens. It will remake this franchise, IMO.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Over the years I used to hang onto every word of those guys. Then along came NFL network and I would record each episode to be sure to hear every bit. What did it teach me? That none of these guys really know anything about what NFL teams think until right before the draft. Their stories and their boards continually change and then we find out something different all of a sudden, like three days before the draft and it often comes true.

They have sources and are connected no doubt but the stuff in the beginning is their stuff and scout stuff that isn't necessarily consensus of the individual teams. I stopped listening a few years ago to all but a few. Incidentally though if you check the track records Kipers final Mock drafts are usually some of the most accurate.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

#1-Rodger Saffold OG
#2-Cody Wichmann OG
#3-Jamon Brown OG
#5-Andrew Donnal OG/OT
#7-Brian Folkerts OG/OC
#8-Eric Kush OC
#9-Davis Arkin OC/OG
#10-Tim Barnes OC
When I read the list it seems like interior OLine is still a question. Rhaney is questionable and I don't even know who Folkerts, Kush and Arkin even are