Kiper: Garropolo has the most upside of any QB..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
www.rotoworld.com

ESPN's Mel Kiper believes Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo has the most upside of any prospect at the position.
"The reason I say upside is because if he would have put him in a major college program, where would he rank? Probably top five or top 10," Kiper said, adding Garoppolo has a super quick release. Rotoworld's Josh Norris also lists Garoppolo as his fifth quarterback, but questions his feet in the pocket and specifically under pressure. Kiper believes Garoppolo could go a bit later than he should due to playing in the FCS.
Source: ESPN Mar 24 - 12:01 PM

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
No chance wouldnt surprise me for some team to trade back into the late first round to make sure they get him.

iced

HaHa I'll never forget him banging the table for ol' Jimmy.
lol yea i laughed at him endlessly for that...but i was really surprised how many people on RRF really wanted Claussen. I remember goin back and forth with a few people - when I said he'd probably bust out of the league and definitely wouldn't even go in the first round, you'd thought i was crazy :D

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
lol yea i laughed at him endlessly for that...but i was really surprised how many people on RRF really wanted Claussen. I remember goin back and forth with a few people - when I said he'd probably bust out of the league and definitely wouldn't even go in the first round, you'd thought i was crazy :D
lol don't be to hard on them I wanted to take Suh and get McMcoy the QB from Texas to be our QB....:whistle:
Any way it turned out I'm glad we have Sam now even with the injuries..

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I didn't agree with his Claussen eval but I agree with this one. That super quick release is not something that can be taught. The synapse is not the the same for everyone. Garapolos brain to muscle communication is Marino-like quick. Kurt had a quick release. With good accuracy that quick release is a winning trait.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LoL ol' Kiper and his review of qB's....Jimmy CLausen

He also had another clunker when he said big Mike Williams was the best player in the Draft the year he came out. Couldn't believe he dropped to #10. Said the Lions got the steal if the Draft.

Having said that he was all over Russell Wilson two years ago. Said he would be a top 5 qb if he was a few inches taller.

so he's a bit hit and miss, like most talent evaluators.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
He also had another clunker when he said big Mike Williams was the best player in the Draft the year he came out. Couldn't believe he dropped to #10. Said the Lions got the steal if the Draft.

Having said that he was all over Russell Wilson two years ago. Said he would be a top 5 qb if he was a few inches taller.

so he's a bit hit and miss, like most talent evaluators.

It's like playing darts.... you throw enough your going to get a bullseye every now and then, however there are times when you hit somebody standing at the side watching you play to (Clausen)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am not a fan of a QB higher than our 4th. If we sign Hill I'm not wasting a 3rd or better on a sure fire backup.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I am not a fan of a QB higher than our 4th. If we sign Hill I'm not wasting a 3rd or better on a sure fire backup.
Agreed. I *could* live with a QB in the third if it's a case of "OMG, I can't believe this guy is still here, this is such a steal". ANY QB before that would be GM incompetence.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Agreed. I *could* live with a QB in the third if it's a case of "OMG, I can't believe this guy is still here, this is such a steal". ANY QB before that would be GM incompetence.

True. It's hard to justify. We need to add picks who will play.

Yeah, yeah... Sam could get hurt. But let's be real; a 2nd/3rd rounder isn't likely the guy who replaces Sam should he collapse in 2014.

Slappy967

Starter
If Mettenberger/Murray/Garoppalo free fall til late rd 2 or 3 I would be interested.