Kiper etc talk QBs in the draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Been saying the same thing. Plus if the Rams stand pat 4-5 QBs could be gone by the time they pick. Every team knows that they need a QB. There are teams behind them that could jump them for a QB. The Browns, 49ers, Cowboys, and Eagles could all take a QB. There is 4, likely Goff, Wentz, Lynch, Cook. Sure there could be something odd happen like the year Carr dropped and Bridgewater dropped. I actually think the Bridgewater drop was for a legitimate reason. I don't see him as a game changing QB. But Carr falling so far is baffling. Thing is, the Rams cannot gamble on that happening. Some say the Cowboys will want a veteran instead of a young QB. I disagree. They have a pretty good team. It may be several years until they are in position to take a good young QB in the first round. They will take one now. Pederson will want a new QB with the Eagles. Chip Kelly wont stand pat on Kaepernick. That is a dreamland prediction for teams that want the Niners to pass on a top rated QB.

If the Rams want one of the good young QBs, they are going to have to trade up to get one. I hate to see them lose picks to do it, but I don't see any they can sit at 15, unless they want a guy like Hackenburg or Brissett later in the draft. If so they may as well just stick with Mannion.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Been saying the same thing. Plus if the Rams stand pat 4-5 QBs could be gone by the time they pick. Every team knows that they need a QB. There are teams behind them that could jump them for a QB. The Browns, 49ers, Cowboys, and Eagles could all take a QB. There is 4, likely Goff, Wentz, Lynch, Cook. Sure there could be something odd happen like the year Carr dropped and Bridgewater dropped. I actually think the Bridgewater drop was for a legitimate reason. I don't see him as a game changing QB. But Carr falling so far is baffling. Thing is, the Rams cannot gamble on that happening. Some say the Cowboys will want a veteran instead of a young QB. I disagree. They have a pretty good team. It may be several years until they are in position to take a good young QB in the first round. They will take one now. Pederson will want a new QB with the Eagles. Chip Kelly wont stand pat on Kaepernick. That is a dreamland prediction for teams that want the Niners to pass on a top rated QB.

If the Rams want one of the good young QBs, they are going to have to trade up to get one. I hate to see them lose picks to do it, but I don't see any they can sit at 15, unless they want a guy like Hackenburg or Brissett later in the draft. If so they may as well just stick with Mannion.

This.

Trade up.

Heck, I even call Dallas at #4. While there is a decent chance they will take a QB, they have Romo and might be willing to wait until 15 to grab a guy and have him develop over a redshirt season.

Either way, Les has got to be aggressive, we can't let this opportunity pass us up. I too hate giving up extra picks, but sometimes you've just gotta do it.