Kiffin Fired

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This will be the guy who replaces Schottenheimer! :ww: And if the Trojans do in fact hire Jack Del Rio, we won't see the Trojans in the top 25 for many years to come!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Early rumors have Herm Edwards as the front runner

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
rdlkgliders said:

Even Worse! Pat Haden sure making a mess of things!

joe_namath_1977_12_11.jpg

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
MerlinJones said:
I'll be shocked if the next coach isn't Steve Sarkisian.

Sarkisian happy in Washington and his next step is the NFL...Trojan next Head Coach will be Del Rio IMO as USC loves former NFL Coaches!

moklerman

Warner-phile
den-the-coach said:
MerlinJones said:

Sarkisian happy in Washington and his next step is the NFL...Trojan next Head Coach will be Del Rio IMO as USC loves former NFL Coaches!
I don't think much of Del Rio as an NFL coach but I thought the same of Mora Jr.. Maybe he wouldn't be a bad fit in college?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
den-the-coach said:
rdlkgliders said:

Even Worse! Pat Haden sure making a mess of things!

joe_namath_1977_12_11.jpg
Awsome Pic I actually remember Watching Namath limp around rhe Coliseum.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
den-the-coach said:
MerlinJones said:

Sarkisian happy in Washington and his next step is the NFL...Trojan next Head Coach will be Del Rio IMO as [hilite]USC loves former NFL Coaches![/hilite]

Which is why Fisher's name has also been mentioned... again. The difference with him vs. other NFL coaches being named as possible replacements is his ties as a former player and that he grew up in the LA area. Also, IMO, with the current state of affairs in St. Louis, I think the media wants to add a little more distraction to his current woes by throwing his name in the mix. As if he doesn't have enough to deal with, he has to deal with rumors of leaving.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
den-the-coach said:
This will be the guy who replaces Schottenheimer! :ww: And if the Trojans do in fact hire Jack Del Rio, we won't see the Trojans in the top 25 for many years to come!

Del Rio would kill in college.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
den-the-coach said:
Don't want kiffen and del Rio was the reason the jags were competitive

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
jrry32 said:

Not a Del Rio fan good DC and looks the part, but from the neck up I question his ability. I can see him recruting well and the defense would be fine, but overall I just don't have confidence he will be a winner or will have the ability to build a good coaching staff from the ground up.

USC looking for a Jim Mora, Jr., clone, IMO Del Rio will be more like a Ron Zook!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rabid Ram said:
Don't want kiffen and del Rio was the reason the jags were competitive

The Kiffen comment was tongue & cheek and as to Del Rio making the Jags competitive you might be right about that, but I was just never overly impressed by his teams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
den-the-coach said:
jrry32 said:

Not a Del Rio fan good DC and looks the part, but from the neck up I question his ability. I can see him recruting well and the defense would be fine, but overall I just don't have confidence he will be a winner or will have the ability to build a good coaching staff from the ground up.

USC looking for a Jim Mora, Jr., clone, IMO Del Rio will be more like a Ron Zook!

Del Rio is a players' coach. Those guys do quite well in college. He's a very good defensive mind too and I thought he did a good job of building his staff in Jacksonville.

He's a much better coach than JMJ imo. The only real big issue I noticed with Del Rio in the NFL is that his team played up and down to opponents. Up is a good thing...down...not so much.

But I think he'd do really well in college. Type of guy that will recruit extremely well(not like that's hard at USC) and he's a good Xs and Os coach with the capability to build a staff and the understanding of time management.