Keyshawn Johnson makes tough choice about his son

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I never liked the player and I definitely don't like the radio commentator. But reading this and listening to him I can respect the man.

http://thespun.com/big-ten/nebraska/keyshawn-johnson-explains-pulling-son-nebraska

Former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson went on SportsCenter to explain why he pulled his son, Keyshawn Johnson Jr., from Nebraska.
A member of the 2017 recruiting class, Keyshawn Johnson Jr., son of former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson, was cited with marijuana possession while at Nebraska earlier this month. Subsequently, his father decided to pull him out of the Nebraska football program and he’s now back at home training. Johnson Jr. plans to rejoin the team for the 2018 season, and today his father went on SportsCenterto explain his reasoning.

Johnson Sr. said his son, “found himself getting into things that he shouldn’t have been getting into—smoking weed.”

“Everybody said ‘Oh weed’s not that big of a deal. It’s just like wine and beer and cigarettes and cigars,’ ” said the elder Johnson, who spent 11 seasons in the NFL. “Yes that’s true. But the problem is they say don’t do it. Don’t do it. We don’t want you doing it in the NFL. We don’t want you doing it in college sports. Don’t do it.”

He continued:

“They want to be your friend so they can say ‘Oh I’m friends with Keyshawn Johnson Jr.’ And understand the position that you put yourself in,” Johnson Sr. said. “If you want to be successful in life, then that’s not the road to take today. If you want to smoke weed when you’re 30 years old and are made, do it all you want. In fact, I’ll buy you a forest if that’s the case. But you have to graduate from college, you have to set yourself up for the rest of your life.”

Johnson Sr. also made clear that his son has to prove to Nebraska and his coaches that he wants to be a part of the team:

“If he doesn’t want to play football, don’t play,” Johnson Sr. said. “Because I’m not living vicariously through you. I already played. I don’t need your money. So if you want to play sports, if that’s what you really, truly, honestly want to do, then you need to show me, show Nebraska, show Mike Riley and Keith Williams, the receivers coach, that these are the things that you want to do so you can graduate from school.”

View: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19767588

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meshawn is a shithead, but he's being a good parent here.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'll continue to say, Keshawn doesn't strike me as the crazy type....That's why I believe what he says.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Weed is a wonderful thing to get into and in many ways. That's all I took away. :D