Keyshawn Johnson arrested on domestic violence charge

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 21, 2014

keyshawn.jpg
Getty Images

Former NFL player and current ESPN analyst Keyshawn Johnson has been arrested in connection with a domestic violence incident.

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies went to Johnson’s home at 12:48 a.m. today after getting a call about a possible spousal assault.

“When deputies arrived, it was determined that the resident and his ex-girlfriend were involved in a domestic dispute,” the Los Aangeles Sheriff’s Department told CBS Los Angeles.

Johnson was booked and released on $20,000 bail. CBS Los Angeles reports that Johnson is charged with misdemeanor spousal battery, while TMZ reports that Johnson is charged with misdemeanor domestic battery. TMZ’s report says Johnson smashed his ex-girlfriend’s phone, causing a gash to her hand.

Asked for comment, an ESPN spokesman told PFT, “We are aware and are looking into it.”

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm sure he'll turn this into another book deal.
"Just give me the damn phone!"

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
....and the Slapaho tribe welcomes its newest member

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 21, 2014

keyshawn.jpg
Getty Images

Former NFL player and current ESPN analyst Keyshawn Johnson has been arrested in connection with a domestic violence incident.

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies went to Johnson’s home at 12:48 a.m. today after getting a call about a possible spousal assault.

“When deputies arrived, it was determined that the resident and his ex-girlfriend were involved in a domestic dispute,” the Los Aangeles Sheriff’s Department told CBS Los Angeles.

Johnson was booked and released on $20,000 bail. CBS Los Angeles reports that Johnson is charged with misdemeanor spousal battery, while TMZ reports that Johnson is charged with misdemeanor domestic battery. TMZ’s report says Johnson smashed his ex-girlfriend’s phone, causing a gash to her hand.

Asked for comment, an ESPN spokesman told PFT, “We are aware and are looking into it.”

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Keyshawn Johnson not charged, resents that he was arrested
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 2, 2014

keyshawn.jpg
Getty Images

Former NFL receiver and current ESPN analyst Keyshawn Johnson will not be charged after he was arrested on April 21 in connection with a domestic violence incident.

The district attorney declined to prosecute because Johnson’s ex-girlfriend is not cooperating with the investigation, and her injuries were minor and appeared to be caused accidentally. Johnson released a statement criticizing the decision to arrest him after Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies went to his home in response to a call about a possible spousal assault.

“I am pleased that law enforcement acted quickly and that this matter has been fairly resolved,” Johnson said in a statement. “The quick decision results from the fact that I should not have been arrested because no crime was committed. I did not and would not touch, grab or strike a woman — any woman. Though Jennifer and I are both pleased that this matter is over, we very much resent the fact that I was ever arrested in the first place. I apologize to my friends, family, fans and colleagues for this matter.”

The 41-year-old Johnson is in his eighth year with ESPN, which hired him shortly after he retired from an 11-year career in the NFL.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like Keshawn and Irvin better as analysts than I did when they were players.

That's just me.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I like Keshawn and Irvin better as analysts than I did when they were players.

That's just me.
I think i liked Irvin better as a player than in the studio where i'm forced to listen to his VOLUME. He does seem to have turned down that volume a notch recently though.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
i don't like Irvins boisterous antics. His personality is grating to me.

If Keshawn wanted to beat someone up then why beat on his Girl when Justin Beiber could use a good Ass whooping and lives a few doors down?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think i liked Irvin better as a player than in the studio where i'm forced to listen to his VOLUME. He does seem to have turned down that volume a notch recently though.

That Volume is Cocaine talking.

When I listen to his rambunctious blathering I always imagine him doing lines in the dressing room between halves.