Keyshawn J.: Rams go 2-3 without Donald...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Adam Schefter "...two sides are not close to a contract right now. Some believe that Aaron Donald's holdout will last into a few games of the regular season."

Keyshawn Johnson(paraphrase): "the homeymoon period with Shawn McVay will be over after the Rams win only 2 games of the first 5." (because Donald is still out).

How many games will we lose because Donald is out in the first 5 games? (if so)

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So meshawn thinks AD is worth two wins ? ....but we won 4 games last year? ..and AD played in all 16 ? but we have better DC and on paper an offense thats light years in front of last years ?
carry the 3 subtract 12 times it by the first colour you thought of = meshawn talking bullshit

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Adam Schefter "...two sides are not close to a contract right now. Some believe that Aaron Donald's holdout will last into a few games of the regular season."

Keyshawn Johnson(paraphrase): "the homeymoon period with Shawn McVay will be over after the Rams win only 2 games of the first 5." (because Donald is still out).

How many games will we lose because Donald is out in the first 5 games? (if so)

Or the honeymoon with AD will be over when the Rams are 5-0.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
So meshawn thinks AD is worth two wins ? ....but we won 4 games last year? ..and AD played in all 16 ? but we have better DC and on paper an offense thats light years in front of last years ?
carry the 3 subtract 12 times it by the first colour you thought of = meshawn talking bullcrap

Dont confuse poor Meshawn with facts lol.

…..

Legend

Anyone else notice that Shefter released this information on NFL Live just a few hours after @jakebogen95 posted his most recent AD story?

Hey I'm not sayin......

I'm just sayin.

As far as the OP's question about losing games without AD.....well that bridge is too far off for my liking.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Aaron Donald's agent is hurting him more for not reporting to training camp. The advantage is still in the Rams' hand as far as AD is concerned. AD can sit out two years and demand a trade if he wants. The Rams can play hardball and still hold the rights forever how long it takes and not even trade him.

This is like a replay of the Poston brothers representing Pace during his hold out someone here had mentioned.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Aaron Donald's agent is hurting him more for not reporting to training camp. The advantage is still in the Rams' hand as far as AD is concerned. AD can sit out two years and demand a trade if he wants. The Rams can play hardball and still hold the rights forever how long it takes and not even trade him.

This is like a replay of the Poston brothers representing Pace during his hold out someone here had mentioned.
If he held out for two years from the NFL, memories of his greatness will dim. Other standout players will win awards and be awarded All Pro and Pro Bowl honors. His value will diminish because teams don't trust a player's ability to play at a high level still, after being out of the league for that long. I believe he would still be a stud, but he better check his hole card right now and be aware that the team is preparing for the eventuality that we will be moving on from him....while he sits.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I'm all for holding AD hostage, and when the Rams do good we can decide what to do with AD. Wade P will make Donald clones this season so he can sit out forever for all I care.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not having Donald will suck if things go that route. But I think Meshawn is going to look stupid when the Rams don't miss a beat and still field a strong defense and this time around add an improved offense.

What that means in wins and losses I have no idea. This team will be better though, IMO.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
If he held out for two years from the NFL, memories of his greatness will dim. Other standout players will win awards and be awarded All Pro and Pro Bowl honors. His value will diminish because teams don't trust a player's ability to play at a high level still, after being out of the league for that long. I believe he would still be a stud, but he better check his hole card right now and be aware that the team is preparing for the eventuality that we will be moving on from him....while he sits.

From what I've read and heard, AD completely loves and is immersed in the game (as all the greats are)....the point being, I doubt very much he misses even one regular season game.....OK, maybe one, but I'm dubious even about that. This team is very close, I think that holding out during the regular season would be viewed by many as selfish and a betrayal of "the team"...... I doubt Aaron has any intentions in that direction. Other players are always behind hold outs during preseason, it's part of the business. But when the actions of one impacts the others, especially (potentially) in the pocket, attitudes change rapidly and self preservation-resentment kicks in, whether it's admitted or not.

Yes he's a great talent, yes he deserves more money and he'll eventually get it. The situation is clear despite all the speculation and posturing, the Rams essentially control AD's future and career through conceivably 2020. Personally, I believe he loves the game too much and hopefully respects his teammates enough to separate contract from the game....I happen to believe that he will.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Looking at the first four games:

COLTS... At home, injured or missing QB on opposing sideline, average at best roster. This should be a winnable game.

REDSKINS... At home, previous team for our head coach that lost a lot of receiving talent, going to come down to whether our defense can stifle their offense. I like our chances here too.

@ 40 Whiners... A team that has as much as we do to prove. This is a winnable game.

@ Cowboys... This is the first truly tough game I see on the schedule. Will the Rams be on a roll going in there, or looking to bounce back? Can our defense handle their offense? Tough one no doubt.

Yeah there's a reasonable chance that Meshawn has to go into excuse mode after the Rams start hot. And if things go that way it'll be "well look at who they've played" or similar nonsense.

Honestly I still can't figure out why he's a primary figure on that station. Isn't it a Rams flagship station? Shouldn't that include talking heads that at least don't straight-up dislike the team?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From what I've read and heard, AD completely loves and is immersed in the game (as all the greats are)....the point being, I doubt very much he misses even one regular season game.....OK, maybe one, but I'm dubious even about that. This team is very close, I think that holding out during the regular season would be viewed by many as selfish and a betrayal of "the team"...... I doubt Aaron has any intentions in that direction. Other players are always behind hold outs during preseason, it's part of the business. But when the actions of one impacts the others, especially (potentially) in the pocket, attitudes change rapidly and self preservation-resentment kicks in, whether it's admitted or not.

Yes he's a great talent, yes he deserves more money and he'll eventually get it. The situation is clear despite all the speculation and posturing, the Rams essentially control AD's future and career through conceivably 2020. Personally, I believe he loves the game too much and hopefully respects his teammates enough to separate contract from the game....I happen to believe that he will.

I'm of two minds about him. IF he comes back before game one, all is forgiven as far as I'm concerned. But I also know/believe that the Rams offered him a significant deal which he rejected (per Adam Schefter). They want(ed) him in camp in order to keep negotiating, which he has refused. I think his agent is a prime dych head, but then AD hasn't fired him yet, so he approves of this tactic. I hope the Rams don't give in to this A-hole, and AD will have to suffer while the Rams move on without him. It's in his court now...

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Well last year Houston without JJ looked awfull....oh wait, they were the #1 defense.
...and won a playoff game. With Brock Osweiler starting 14 games...

CSnNtdAWwAASwkK.jpg

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G

Definitely AD's memories of greatness with the Rams will dimm IF he moves on from the Rams. I wish he could have had a different agent instead.

I don't want AD to enter the HOF with another team. This might end up similar to the Eric Dickerson situation when he got traded to the Colts and the Rams got a boatload of drafts, which ended up not too well for the Rams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Definitely AD's memories of greatness with the Rams will dimm IF he moves on from the Rams. I wish he could have had a different agent instead.

I don't want AD to enter the HOF with another team. This might end up similar to the Eric Dickerson situation when he got traded to the Colts and the Rams got a boatload of drafts, which ended up not too well for the Rams.
yep..I look back at the RG3 trade and all of those picks...most just wasted by Fisher Snead.....That is why I don't care about losing a second rounder for Sammy Watkins. We are getting a sure thing, proven #1 WR vs the potential of a 2nd rounder....WINNING