Kevin White - WR - WVU

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I don't think he's even as good as Lee was.

And Coates is the epitome of raw. He's hardly ever used in AUB's system, you're going to have no idea how he'd transition. I like this attributes, but I agree. Not worth mentioning in the same breath as White.

Montgomery? Eh. I don't see the same plays I see from White that I want.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you mean Devante Boyd?

Edit: my bad....I tried to watch a UNLV game a couple weeks ago, it was either Thursday or Friday night...It was tough...
I've been trying to catch the wr at Louisville....

DeVante Parker on Louisville is underrated right now because of his injury.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think he's even as good as Lee was.

And Coates is the epitome of raw. He's hardly ever used in AUB's system, you're going to have no idea how he'd transition. I like this attributes, but I agree. Not worth mentioning in the same breath as White.

Montgomery? Eh. I don't see the same plays I see from White that I want.

Yea. Agholor isn't a first round guy. Similar type of player to Robert Woods and Marqise Lee. Rashad Greene offers the same type of skill-set with more ability and he's a borderline first rounder at best.

Coates is majorly raw. Extraordinarily freakish athlete but he's not even Auburn's #1 WR. Duke Williams came in and took that role away. IMO, Williams is a better NFL prospect and should start getting more hype soon. He's a JUCO guy. Coates is a huge risk/reward type player.

Montgomery is too much like Tavon for us to draft him. You have to manufacture touches for him. He's not a great pure WR. And he doesn't catch the ball nearly as well as Tavon. He dropped 3 passes against Notre Dame alone. Great athlete, just like Coates, but he just doesn't do the little things right.

If DGB had played this year, he certainly should have been #1. But you can only go off of the film he has put out and must take into account the fact that he was dismissed from Mizzou. His film from 2013 and 2012 is not consistent enough to establish him as a better WR than White or Cooper.

Is that fair? No. Had he played this year, he likely could have established that. But it's his own fault and I can't evaluate what isn't there.

However, Kevin White is undoubtedly the #1 or #2 WR in this class for me. Amari Cooper is #1 or #2. DGB is #3 for me. I think Devin Funchess would be a more dominant player at TE.

I, personally, rate White at #1 although Cooper is a top tier prospect in his own right. I am really big on hands when it comes to WRs and the ability to win contested balls. White has those two attributes for days.

Calling him the 4th or 5th best WR in CFB is seriously underrating him. His skill-set is extraordinarily well rounded and he's an impressive athlete for a 6'3" WR. When you put those two things together with how great his hands are and his ability in traffic...I just don't see how you can call him anything but the #1 or #2 WR prospect in this draft.

I had Alshon rated as a top 10 pick back in the day. Kevin White is very similar to Alshon at his proper playing weight...except White has the burst and suddenness that Alshon doesn't have.(although Alshon was a more physical player while the ball was in the air)

This article seems to back up your evaluation and comparison. http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/49394/349/cians-corner-kevin-white?pg=1