Kevin White - WR - WVU

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
*Disclaimer. I'm a WR addict. Enjoy watching film of them more than any other position.*

Thanks for the tip @jrry32 . Can't remember which thread, but you mentioned Kevin White and I had to check the kid out. I think you're right about him moving ahead of Amari Cooper.

This isn't a "draft White" thread, okay, maybe it is now. Probably more of, if we draft one, I want it to be White thread. We seem to have our big bobber in Quick now who can muscle guys out. I want a size/speed combo with hops.

No idea if anyone else has followed White, but his game has me salivating for one big reason.

He WORKS BACK to the QB. I mean, he fucking works back to the QB. That's a sign of an intelligent, savvy WR imo. In the highlights from WVU's game against MD this year, I notice him work back to Trickett a bunch of times when he saw the QB go under duress and bail out of the pocket looking for an open WR.

That's what you want all of your WRs to be able to do. Come back to the QB if their routes aren't opening up. I'm going to have to watch some WVU games this year.

lockdnram21

Legend
hes cool i dont want to draft a receiver in the first round next year. But if i did the only receiver i would take is cooper. I dont see Wr as need our top 4 picks should be Qb,Lb,Og,Fs,Cb

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he's going top 10 and likely before Cooper. He's been getting Larry Fitzgerald comparisons. He's 6'3" 210 but has the speed to separate vertically, the suddenness and lateral agility to make people miss, and outstanding hands.

He's the total package. Alshon Jeffery type talent with more suddenness to his game. The guy is criminally underrated right now. I rate Amari Cooper over Sammy Watkins...and I rate Kevin White over Amari Cooper. IMO, the White and Cooper duo are on the same level as the AJ Green and Julio Jones duo. I think Kevin White is the best WR since Green.

I know we have Quick but I'd still draft White. He's THAT good. And this is coming from someone that is very high on Austin and Bailey.
hgukuhk.gif

BrownFakeKatydid.gif

AdorableSlowElver.gif

Kevin-White-1.gif

Kevin-White-3.gif

wvufan.0.gif

wvu.0.gif

And his best catch of the Maryland gave isn't even here.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd love to draft White if we can't resign Britt. Larry Fitzgerald comparisons sound good to me.

WvuIN02

Starter
To the guy above, White is a completely different player than Tavon or Stedman. Hes an NFL #1 wr who has elite ball skills and route running. If he hadn't drawn FIVE PI calls vs Baylor, he might have had 250+ yards last week. They couldn't stop him even with help, or even with interfering he caught a 1 handed pass for the go ahead td when it mattered while his other arm was held (see above). If you doubt his ability, watch week 1 when he wrecked Alabamas top 3 defense (143 yards and a td) and outplayed Cooper..... and Cooper had the much easier matchup. If White was on some SEC team he would have been in the Heisman discussion weeks ago, but he's just now getting Heisman talk yet is somehow behind Cooper while posting better numbers in every receiving category aside from tds (both are tied with 7).

http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/leader/national/player/split01/category03/sort01.html

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh god not another WVU guy :rolleyes::whistle:

This ain't no jitter bug, tiny guy though. :LOL:

White and Cooper duo are on the same level as the AJ Green and Julio Jones duo

Heck, I almost wanna say White looks like Julio a bit out there with those hopes and that speed. Watching him cut through those MD defenders like a red hot knife through butter was crazy. Split them clean.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
White is a monster. Even if we resign Britt, I'd take him. You can't pass this guy up.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
White is a monster. Even if we resign Britt, I'd take him. You can't pass this guy up.
Yeah - too many playmakers is always a problem - eh? I think we are finally getting a good core and if our O-line even comes close to gelling, we are in position to go after a real paly maker and then get help on the O-line in the 2nd or third. I'm in.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have been watching him since week 1. I don't know why I didn't notice him last year but he is fantastic. Seeing that he is from WVU is it possible for us to just trade him for Tavon Austin right now?

lockdnram21

Legend
Yeah - too many playmakers is always a problem - eh? I think we are finally getting a good core and if our O-line even comes close to gelling, we are in position to go after a real paly maker and then get help on the O-line in the 2nd or third. I'm in.
i would rather get a lb or fs i like Sammy coates and he could be had in the 2nd. i dont think wr will be a priority even if we dont resign Britt

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
i would rather get a lb or fs i like Sammy coates and he could be had in the 2nd. i dont think wr will be a priority even if we dont resign Britt
Yeah - I'm not just talking about play makers at WR. I mean play makers period. Be it WR, LB, Safety - whatever, I think we are in a position to take the best play maker available in the next draft. But I will say that a real difference maker to line up opposite of Quick would be a pretty exciting thing to watch - especially if we continue to have to match up against big CBs.

I love great defenses too and giving McDonald the freedom to be able to attack and whack people like he can would be pretty damn fun to watch as well.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Not only do I look at measureables, but I focus on competition...BIG -12 football is inferior to what Cooper sees day in, day out...the guy is a current 1 year wonder...can we see some post season play (bowl game) & then some combine numbers.....but he has been a great player for WV so far...but who have they played?

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Him and Treadwell are the studs in next year's class.

Treadwell is a beast.

he has been a great player for WV so far...but who have they played?

Torched Bama for 143 yards and a TD in a game that was 20-27 deep into the 3rd quarter. 173 against OU. Dude has 69 REC already on the year. On pace for over 1700 yards and 12 TDs as his stats stand now.

BIG -12 football is inferior to what Cooper sees day in, day out

I'm finding this reason is becoming less and less of a legitimate argument. Look at the products the Big 12 has sent to the NFL, I'm talking WRs lately, vs the SEC and their production.

Big 12
Tavon Austin
Terrance Williams
Stedman Bailey
Kenny Stills
Josh Gordon
Justin Blackmon
Kendall Wright
Niles Paul
Dez Bryant
Michael Crabtree

Jeremy Maclin
Jordy Nelson

SEC

Odell Beckham, Jr.
Jordan Matthews
C. Patterson
Justin Hunter
Alshon Jeffery
Rueben Randle
Jarius Wright
AJ Green
Julio Jones

Randall Cobb
Riley Cooper
Percy Harvin
Mike Wallace
Steve Johnson

Those aren't all of them, but I'll highlight the high impact WRs. WRs with 1000 yard campaigns so far. This goes back to the 2008 draft. That's 5 for the SEC, 5 for the Big 12.

Now let's narrow to that to say 850+ yards REC and more than 5+ TDs REC.

Big 12
Crabtree
Bryant
Maclin
Nelson
Gordon
Blackmon
SEC
Jeffrey
Green
Jones
Johnson
Wallace
Cooper
Harvin
Cobb

8-6 in favor of SEC.

Still not much of a difference.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not only do I look at measureables, but I focus on competition...BIG -12 football is inferior to what Cooper sees day in, day out...the guy is a current 1 year wonder...can we see some post season play (bowl game) & then some combine numbers.....but he has been a great player for WV so far...but who have they played?

9 catches for 143 yards and 1 TD vs. #4 Alabama
10 catches for 173 yards and 1 TD vs. #17 Oklahoma
8 catches for 132 yards and 2 TDs vs. #12 Baylor

I don't think competition is a concern.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
9 catches for 143 yards and 1 TD vs. #4 Alabama
10 catches for 173 yards and 1 TD vs. #17 Oklahoma
8 catches for 132 yards and 2 TDs vs. #12 Baylor

I don't think competition is a concern.
I'll take the Bama stats (y)...OU & Baylor....not so much...so he's a lil different that Cooper in that way...Who faces elite NFL type comp week in, week out....

I'll take the Bama stats (y)...OU & Baylor....not so much...so he's a lil different that Cooper in that way...Who faces elite NFL type comp week in, week out....

I don't understand this. The Big 12 is a pass happy conference, therefor corners are at a premium and teams recruit them. If your argument is that the SEC has better defenses then defend his numbers against Bama.

By the way in addition to coming back to the QB when needed, as someone else pointed out, he is TREMENDOUS at going up and out competing DBs for the ball.

Depending on his combine 40 time I think he'll go in the first round.