Kevin White sets up meeting with rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
after Scherff? Wouldn't give any of the rest a 1st rd grade...

Collins lost 15lbs to play at the senior bowl/combine trying to get fast enough to play LT..even at that weight tested 23rd best sparq for olinemen ..back up at 320 at pro day
short player with short arms with a bad sparq....want to guess his sparq at the combine if he weighed his usual 320 not 305? And he is one of the good oline prospects available after Scherff.. Maybe Flowers? He finished 27th best in sparq. How about Clemmings only 22 on the bench and scored 13 on the wonderlic and is green as grass as a player.

Provided we get Barks re-signed, who do you feel comfortable with at RG in the draft, if we, say, draft Cooper or make a move for White?

Switch Sambrailo inside? Marpet? Laken?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Provided we get Barks re-signed, who do you feel comfortable with at RG in the draft, if we, say, draft Cooper or make a move for White?

Switch Sambrailo inside? Marpet? Laken?

If we make a move up for one of the two I sure hope we give up a 2nd next year and not a 2nd this year. I think there will be some very good OG options when we pick in the 2nd.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We can't afford to trade up this year, IMO. We need more than 1 starter quality guy out of this draft.

I mean we might. Never say never with Snead/Fisher. I just don't see it.

Athos

Legend
We can't afford to trade up this year, IMO. We need more than 1 starter quality guy out of this draft.

I mean we might. Never say never with Snead/Fisher. I just don't see it.

You say that, but I don't think this draft is all THAT deep in starter quality guys. And most certainly not deep in guys that can start immediately. I'd agree with hammer about there being 15ish guys really worthy of a 1st round grade. 20 tops.

Which might mean some trade ups.

If we get 3 guys that can start and start well this year, we will have done well.

A WR/Lineman (x2 maybe)/CB/LB.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You say that, but I don't think this draft is all THAT deep in starter quality guys. And most certainly not deep in guys that can start immediately. I'd agree with hammer about there being 15ish guys really worthy of a 1st round grade. 20 tops.

Which might mean some trade ups.

If we get 3 guys that can start and start well this year, we will have done well.

A WR/Lineman (x2 maybe)/CB/LB.

If it's not deep, 15 players or so, at #10 we don't need to trade up to get one. Obviously, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we may like someone higher.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If it's not deep, 15 players or so, at #10 we don't need to trade up to get one. Obviously, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we may like someone higher.
I think if we trade up, it would likely be, to trade back into the 2nd, or 3rd rounds. I wouldn't count out future picks, either.

FRO

Legend

Collins lost 15lbs to play at the senior bowl/combine trying to get fast enough to play LT..even at that weight tested 23rd best sparq for olinemen ..back up at 320 at pro day
short player with short arms with a bad sparq....want to guess his sparq at the combine if he weighed his usual 320 not 305? And he is one of the good oline prospects available after Scherff.. Maybe Flowers? He finished 27th best in sparq. How about Clemmings only 22 on the bench and scored 13 on the wonderlic and is green as grass as a player.
Could care less about sparq. The OT we drafted in the 7th round last year had good sparq but couldn't play a lick. Collins is going to be a great OG in this league. Erving is going to be a very good C. I think Clemmings has the potential to be a very good OT. Those are 3 guys I would pick in the first. Maybe not at 10, but I would love to have them on my team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm not concerned about Clemmings' bench press when he's arguably the strongest OL in this class on tape.

You get far too caught up in measurables.

FRO

Legend
In 2013 we traded up for Tavon. He had so much speed and agility he was going to be the next great playmaker. In doing so we passed on Warford who was a big and strong OG who wasn't super athletic. I don't care who your receivers are, if you can't run the ball consistently and protect your QB you will struggle to win championships. This team is built on defense, with a kick butt line and a great running game we can win. Don't get me wrong I will be stoked if we get Cooper or White. It's a bit of a moot point however if we go with a scrub line once again. We don't want to Bulger/Bradfordize our new QB. Get him a line.

Athos

Legend
In 2013 we traded up for Tavon. He had so much speed and agility he was going to be the next great playmaker. In doing so we passed on Warford who was a big and strong OG who wasn't super athletic. I don't care who your receivers are, if you can't run the ball consistently and protect your QB you will struggle to win championships. This team is built on defense, with a kick butt line and a great running game we can win. Don't get me wrong I will be stoked if we get Cooper or White. It's a bit of a moot point however if we go with a scrub line once again. We don't want to Bulger/Bradfordize our new QB. Get him a line.

Well, it's wrong to equate Austin to these WRs. They fell in love with a toy more than they probably should have, but.....you have a point. But again, if any fall into our laps, and I'm really beginning to include Parker in this, you gotta take em imo.

Though I wouldn't mind a trade down for Clemmings and somehow lucking into DGB.

FRO

Legend
Well, it's wrong to equate Austin to these WRs. They fell in love with a toy more than they probably should have, but.....you have a point. But again, if any fall into our laps, and I'm really beginning to include Parker in this, you gotta take em imo.

I wasn't meaning to compare Tavon to these guys per say. I was comparing trading up for a playmaker over building the line. Probably a poor job on my part explaining it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'd still take Clemmings over Parker at #10 if we were stuck there with no White, Cooper, Winston, or Mariota.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I'd still take Clemmings over Parker at #10 if we were stuck there with no White, Cooper, Winston, or Mariota.

Ringing endorsement right there! You've been on the money with Donald and Tavon before him. No reason to start doubting you now haha. I see his explosiveness off the snap in the running game, how long do you think it would take him to be proficient in Pass Pro?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ringing endorsement right there! You've been on the money with Donald and Tavon before him. No reason to start doubting you now haha. I see his explosiveness off the snap in the running game, how long do you think it would take him to be proficient in Pass Pro?

Can't say. For him, it's all about confidence and trusting his feet. His technique came a long way last year. Wasn't perfect but it was starting to get there. Then he went to the Senior Bowl, got beat a few times, lost confidence, and let his technique fall apart.

I'd rather see him play Year 1 at OG or sit for a time. But if he has to play, I can't say how long it'll take. He might struggle Year 1 with his pass pro. But I think it'll pay off in the end. The player I compare him to gave up 11.5 sacks as a rookie. However, that player is now a three time Pro Bowler and two time All Pro LT.(Duane Brown)