Kevin Wheeler Talk Show

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramfreak

UDFA
Name
Ramfreak
Ive been critical of DeMarco Farr "State the Obvious" commentating, Kevin Wheeler is one of the better guys to listen to on ESPN 101.
He talked about how often we've held back in preseason games when it might be time to open up some plays so the players can start fast in September, instead of week 6. I agree 100%. Anyone know how many TDs we've had in preseason over the last 8 years? I'm willing to bet in our last 30 preseason, we might be between 5-10? We shouldn't get so paranoid about being Vanilla in preseason. To me that indicates the coaching staff can't counter what defenses are going to do to them.
There was also mention of this bubble screen to Tavon. Those plays rarely work in the NFL regular season. How about designing plays for Tavon to be on the other side of the line of scrimmage where he only has to be 1 guy to the end zone instead of all 11?
By the way, off topic, but how can Fischer say it was one of Tavons best plays since being here when it's preseason? The 3 TD game against the Colts should never be overridden by 1 play in preseason. Talk about overreacting.
If you're a Rams fan and enjoy some informative Rams dialogue, Kevin Wheeler is the best we have in St Louis.
Go Rams!

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Isn't wheeler about to get booted for Bernie? And I think he perfers to talk baseball.... also Im not a fan but I believe his show would be alot better and maybe I'd like it if he had a Co host... like "the turn" wouldn't be anything without Duncan

FRO

Legend
I agree with his assessment of being too scared to show anything in preseason. Run your defense and your offense and have in game practice with it. Teams for the most part know what we are wanting to do based off of last season. I'm not saying show every gadget play we have, but let's run some real offense and defense and maybe that will help us get off to a better start.

Also I think Wheeler is the best thing 101 has with Brad Thompson being second.

howski3318

Rookie
Isn't wheeler about to get booted for Bernie? And I think he perfers to talk baseball.... also Im not a fan but I believe his show would be alot better and maybe I'd like it if he had a Co host... like "the turn" wouldn't be anything without Duncan

He's not getting booted for Bernie... Every show is shifting an hour later and Bernie will be doing the morning show

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I agree with his assessment of being too scared to show anything in preseason. Run your defense and your offense and have in game practice with it. Teams for the most part know what we are wanting to do based off of last season. I'm not saying show every gadget play we have, but let's run some real offense and defense and maybe that will help us get off to a better start.

Also I think Wheeler is the best thing 101 has with Brad Thompson being second.

Agree