Kevin O’Connell

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
So Kevin O’Connell wasn't allowed to take the chargers job. Is he mad? I'm curious how that works out for the dynamics of his job after being told to sit down. He has an important job for the rams success. May be mcvay is a bad ass. Love to be the fly on the wall. Go rams.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
He wasn’t offered the job. The chargers asked permission to get in touch with him since it was the same job he already had, and the Rams did not give their permission. So we don’t know if O’Connell would have even wanted the job. So O’Connell wasn’t offered the job.

Memphis Ram

Legend
It wasn't that long ago, O"Connell was being considered a potential head coaching candidate by some. But, quite frankly, I've yet to see or understand what made O'Connell such a hot name in the past.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
We had 7 coaches leave why is he still here? How has he made the Offense better answer he hasn't.

The Offense had its lowest ppg average this year which is the worst of the McVay era. This guy sucks period he needs to go.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We had 7 coaches leave why is he still here? How has he made the Offense better answer he hasn't.

The Offense had its lowest ppg average this year which is the worst of the McVay era. This guy sucks period he needs to go.

O'Connell was going to leave with Staley to the Chargers, with the autonmy to call his own plays, however, the Rams blocked the move because they could being a laterial move. So it's obvious McVay trusts O'Connell and I'm betting O'Connell will have a larger role in 2021, with the possibility of being more involved in the game plan.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
O'Connell was going to leave with Staley to the Chargers, with the autonmy to call his own plays, however, the Rams blocked the move because they could being a laterial move. So it's obvious McVay trusts O'Connell and I'm betting O'Connell will have a larger role in 2021, with the possibility of being more involved in the game plan.
I'm still surprised at how this went down. That he didn't let OConnell leave and bring in Jay Gruden. Jay must have turned down the offer that I assume was there for him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

He was dealing with the same issues Goff had to deal with, the lack of deep threats and a run game that didn't really show up as a true reliable threat until late in the season. We did run it well early in the season but overall it was out of synch until late in the year. Plus he was dealing with Goff losing confidence and his play and all that.

I definitely trust McVay's take on his OC and I figure O'Connell will get some key additions this season. He's going to have better play at QB than he did in 2020 that's for damn sure. I am confident that's going to make things look a lot different. Players matter.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm still surprised at how this went down. That he didn't let OConnell leave and bring in Jay Gruden. Jay must have turned down the offer that I assume was there for him.

No so sure, Gruden would want to call his plays, plus I met Jay Gruden once in Saratoga I did not come away impressed.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What was it that left you underwhelmed?
Personality, energy?

It's a long story and Jay was tipping more then a few, at the time Gruden was Head Coach of Washington, he was drinking alone, when a colleague of mine and I joined him as my friend is a huge Washington fan and they talked personnel and I could not believe the information Jay was providing us. I will leave it at that.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
It's a long story and Jay was tipping more then a few, at the time Gruden was Head Coach of Washington, he was drinking alone, when a colleague of mine and I joined him as my friend is a huge Washington fan and they talked personnel and I could not believe the information Jay was providing us. I will leave it at that.
LOL thanks Coach

oldnotdead

Legend
I think as much as anything McVay simply had enough of this poaching of his staff. I also think Sean was more than upset that a basically unknown coach he elevated in LA stayed one year and jumped ship and in doing so also tried to take the OC with him. Personally, I think it's BS and a classless thing for both O'Connell and Staley to do after McVay gives them their shot at being in a big-time organization. It also shows that there's more going on between O'Connell and McVay behind the scene.

I think Morris is a good coach who will have no excuses if this team's defense isn't in the top 5. DeCamillis is an unknown factor to me. His background looks okay and his interviews have been interesting. Kromer's departure IMO is addition by subtraction, enough said.