Kevin Greene to receive Hall of Fame ring in Pittsburgh, not Los Angeles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Is Greene being a traitor?

• Total voters

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Kevin Greene to receive Hall of Fame ring in Pittsburgh, not Los Angeles
gettyimages-244862.jpg

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...l-of-fame-ring-in-pittsburgh-not-los-angeles/

By: Jake Ellenbogen | 24 hours ago

Los Angeles Rams fans all remember the great fifth-round pick of the 1985 NFL draft, Kevin Greene. He, however, will choose to be remembered as a Pittsburgh Steeler.

The beloved Ram is choosing to go to Heinz Field for his Hall of Fame ring ceremony as reported by Pro Football Talk’s Zac Jackson.

Greene had the following to say on the subject:

“Yes, I’ve been approached by the Ram organization to do something similar, but I think at this point it is expressly understood that I’m really gonna receive my ring there at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh,”

Obviously, for any die-hard Rams fan, this has to hit home. Here is the thing with Greene — he wasn’t just drafted by the Rams, but he spent eight of his 15 seasons in Los Angeles. Yet, he still chose to instead focus more on the three that he spent in Pittsburgh.

Greene then had this to say about his time with the Steelers, according to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

“Really that was the pinnacle of my career there in Pittsburgh. We had the right attitude on defense. We had great weapons all-around. I played with Hall of Famers…just really the time of my life. Once a Steeler, always a Steeler.”

What’s funny, is the fact that Greene actually didn’t even finish his career with the Steelers. He wound up moving on to the Carolina Panthers, and he actually wound up numbers that were better in one or two categories there, than he did with Pittsburgh.

In his three years with the Steelers, Greene totaled 48 games started, 184 combined tackles, 35.5 sacks, six forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries. In comparison, he played 47 games with the Panthers, totaling 148 combined tackles, 41.5 sacks, seven fumble recoveries and three forced fumbles.

To each their own, but in my opinion, Greene made a mistake by choosing the Steelers over the Rams. This won’t sit well with Rams fans and really shouldn’t, as he truly built a career in Los Angeles. The loyalty to the team who drafted Greene just wasn’t there in this instance.

And hey, there are even people who can be seen at Rams games and rallies still wearing Kevin Greene’s jersey.