Kevin Green wants HOF ring ceremony at Heinz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
No surprise Kevin Greene wants HOF ring at Heinz
By Tony Defeo -
July 15, 2016

If you’re a Los Angeles Rams fan, you might be a little surprised right now, knowing that Kevin Greene, who played outside linebacker for your favorite football team from 1985-1992 and recorded 72.5 of his career 160 sacks and will be elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame later this summer, wants to have his official ring ceremony take place at Heinz Field next season.

It has to be kind of deflating, especially coming on the heels of the euphoria you might have been feeling following the Rams move back to L.A. after spending the past 21 years displaced in St. Louis.

Greene not only played perhaps his prime years with the Rams; those years were also spent in the City of Angels.

To tell you the truth, I was a little surprised myself to learn that Greene, who spent three years with the Steelers in the 1990s after coming over from Los Angeles as a free agent, wants to have his official ceremony take place in Pittsburgh and that he considers himself “always a Steeler.

Greene left as a free-agent after Pittsburgh’s heartbreaking loss to the Cowboys in Super Bowl XXX following the ’95 season and spent the last four years of his career with both the Panthers and 49ers, where he recorded the final 52 of his 160 sacks. In other words, Greene had a lot of stops along the way during his 15-year, Canton-bound career, and only 20 percent of those years were spent with the Steelers, with whom he recorded less than a quarter of his sacks (35.5).

Yeah, so I can see why a Rams fan would be surprised (picture Wade Boggs going into Cooperstown as a Yankee or Ray).

But it’s true.

http://cover32.com/2016/07/15/no-surprise-kevin-greene-wants-hof-ring-heinz/

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm Very surprised and shocked!! And Sad!!
Greene 2.jpg

GreeneLA.jpg

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Says a lot about how he felt about how he was treated as a Ram.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He had his best years after he left LA though so I can kinda see it......

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Says a lot about how he felt about how he was treated as a Ram.
I agree. I was going to post this yesterday but couldn't get the story to link. He, Dickerson, Bettis, Phifer. The Rams lost a number of guys mostly due to Georgia and some of her cheap ways, along with incompetent GMs.

Too bad in the case of Greene and Dickerson mostly. In the case of Bettis I am glad in hindsight. We never would have traded for Marshall.

With Kevin Greene, it makes me a little cold toward him now.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I agree. I was going to post this yesterday but couldn't get the story to link. He, Dickerson, Bettis, Phifer. The Rams lost a number of guys mostly due to Georgia and some of her cheap ways, along with incompetent GMs.

The problem was not Georgia, it was John Shaw. $%hole idiot they ruin the frahchise.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At the home games, if it was 3rd down, he would be flapping his arms, telling the crowd "make some fricken noise". I recall him being very animated. Loved him on the Rams.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The problem was not Georgia, it was John Shaw. $%hole idiot they ruin the frahchise.

Georgia takes some blame though.

If it wasn't for her ED would have stayed a Ram. She didn't want to pay him..........

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
If it wasn't for her ED would have stayed a Ram. She didn't want to pay him..........

Are you sure about that? Shaw was, for better or worse making all and particularly the business decisions.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I met the dude many years back in Hawaii when he was with the Steelers and we talked about the Rams a bit. Didn't care for him tbh, thought he came across as a bit of a prick.

Was a huge fan of his prior, since I love the underdogs and he certainly was one. But now as far as I'm concerned the Steelers can have him.