Kevin Demoff wrong about Rams; they are a rebuild.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'd say the o-line needs a rebuild and the coaches. Aside from that it should be doable in one offseason in the NFL. A good HC with a workable vision and competent hires rights this ship within months. But that's been the case for a long time now.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
It is a rebuild. Anyone who thinks it's not, I have a few bridges I can sell you. Cheaply.. Send me your paypal info so you can pay me..

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
And for you who think it's not a rebuild, I also have therapy puppies and kittens I can send you. :cool:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
How can anyone know if it is going to be a rebuild until the new coaching staff is in place? It is just a label anyway, does it matter?

This group of players, can they really qualify for the name team?, has done nothing to earn their place on the roster next season other than maybe having a contract. Their performances from the Oline to the DBs in 2016 was garbage.

We'll see what happens with the new staff, we know they can't flush it all in year one but until they show they can compete there are few who should feel comfortable in their careers.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, a lot has to do with the incoming HC. If it's a coach that commands respect and inspires confidence for players on and off the team. Otherwise, why should a free agent come to LA to a loser? Why would a Kenny Britt stay in LA for more losing? Plus, our team has been so undisciplined during the entire Fisher tenure....it seems to me some guys will be hitting the highway if they don't conform to the new philosophy (assuming the new coach cares about mistake free football). So many unknowns....It feels like a 3 year plan to me, as much as I want it to be less than that.

TexasRam

Legend
Rebuild to me means no current players will be there when you start winning.

The defense does not need rebuilt but needs a few peices and its top 5. Some could argue it will be top 5 if Quinn could return to pro bowl form.

Now let's look at offense.

The next coach will try to build the offend with Gurley and Goff.

The rebuild is in the Oline. I truly believe we have two quality starters in Havenstein and Saffold. PFF bears this out as well.

With three new upper level free agency ads we can see the offense really take off.

We also need a Alshon Jeffrey type to pair with Tavon and one of our young guys ( Thomas, Cooper, etc)

Full rebuild no. Rebuild offense line, pretty much.

With our cap room one awesome offseason can rebuild the team to playoff
Level.

Just ask the raiders.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Well, I don't think it's a rebuild like we were when Snisher came.
However, I think the offense is basically a rebuild.
So, I guess I'm saying it's a partial rebuild.

IMHO unless we get a once in a generation miracle worker in here, we are years away from a winning record let alone the playoffs.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Its not a total rebuild. There are good pieces in place.
  1. Where are the culture problems and how many can be dealt with in a single offseason?
  2. How much horsepower can we lure at the assistant level?
  3. How difficult to install new schemes?
  4. How aggressive do we get with FA?
These things, and others I'm forgetting, all impact the speed to retool.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Lol.. I know it's a rebuild but I'll still take a therapy pup to get me though it!

My bad.. I should have used blue fonts.... We're all out of puppies as of this morning, but have plenty of kittens. :cool:

FRO

Legend
Is there anybody on the Ram's roster that knows what it feels like and takes to be on a winning team? Right now the Rams have a culture of losing. It's going to take the right coach to turn that around. I'm not as confident in the roster as Demoff, but he has to say what he is saying so he doesn't scare off potential coaches.

…..

Legend
Its definitely not a rebuild to me at all considering we have cornerstones on both offense and defense.

The new HC needs to strip down the depth and add the guys he's comfortable with. That's typical roster turnover and even more expected with a HC change.

We'll probably see a few cap casualties as well. For us, we are decent in cap available so our cap moves will probably be more performance related. So we will release a few we fans expected and wanted to keep, then hire role players from other teams who are making the same types of moves at a bit cheaper rate. I anticipate one or two FA offensive line additions. Perhaps a mid grade corner and linebacker. Maybe a DE.

But rebuild? NO. The people claiming rebuild are still pissed and generally negative personalities lol

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I think we all get to lost in what we think the word rebuild means. We certainly need some sort of restructuring both at the admin and personnel level. My bigger issue is the more I listen to Demhoff comments the more I want him to follow the Fisher Snead train out of town. Either he is a marketing and sales genius or he is myopic. If Demhoff thinke we are only 2 or 3 players away as he stated then that is much more bothersome than a loosely defined term "rebuild" that really shouldn't bother anyone. Any Coaching candidate is familliar with our talent irrespective of label. And for what its worth Great teams ( franchises) are in a constant state of rebuilding they just call it reloading so lets ignore the term let the new regime handle the personnel and head the right direction.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think it's a rebuild....Simple explanation, if some believe, like most, that several players, even on this "vaunted" defense quit playing hard, they need to be replaced. You can't have guys like this on such a young roster. Teaching the culture of quitting.
How can a player perform to best of his ability when he knows the system
and the coaches pushing this system are faulty at best.The bottom line is
these guys didn't believe in what they were being sold and it showed.
It's called being a professional. Do your job. Play after play.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Is there anybody on the Ram's roster that knows what it feels like and takes to be on a winning team? Right now the Rams have a culture of losing. It's going to take the right coach to turn that around. I'm not as confident in the roster as Demoff, but he has to say what he is saying so he doesn't scare off potential coaches.

Gurley, Robinson, Tavon, Kendricks, Havenstein, Barron, Ogletree, Mc Donald

All came from Power 5 schools with great success and extensive winning traditions in top of food chain conferences.

I would say none of these guys are used to losing.:cheers:

Bruce2980

Starter
We need a new O-Line, TEs that can block and not get constantly ran over in pass pro and run blocking. We need WRs that can run crisp routes and catch. How is that not a rebuild? And we may even need a QB and RB, jury is out on those for now IMHO. And we need depth at nearly every position on both sides of the ball. We need a pass rusher or two at the DEs. And we need to weed out the quitters. Sounds like a lot of work for the next HC and staff.

FRO

Legend
Gurley, Robinson, Tavon, Kendricks, Havenstein, Barron, Ogletree, Mc Donald

All came from Power 5 schools with great success and extensive winning traditions in top of food chain conferences.

I would say none of these guys are used to losing.:cheers:
I meant in the NFL. Most of these kids have won in college.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
It is a rebuild. Anyone who thinks it's not, I have a few bridges I can sell you. Cheaply.. Send me your paypal info so you can pay me..
Sorry I won't buy them back from you no matter how much you discount them back to me.