Kevin Demoff on KMOX (9:53)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Though they will have to wait, the Rams have to happy with the players they selected from the 2013 NFL Draft. What do they think of their newest players? COO Kevin Demoff joined Ron Jacober to talk about the draftees.

<a class="postlink" href="http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fcbsstlouis.files.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F04%2F4-28-demoff.mp3&podcast_name=Sports+on+a+Sunday+Morning&podcast_artist=Ron+Jacober&station_id=87&audio_link=true&config_file=config.xml&dcid=CBS.STL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/?podcast_ur ... id=CBS.STL</a>

[mp3]http://cbsstlouis.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/4-28-demoff.mp3[/mp3]

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
He raised a good point about why they wanted more explosive playmakers. He noted that the Rams have such a great pass rush and great DBs (I threw in that), that if we get the lead especially a 2 TD lead our D could become very deadly. Add in Ogletree who looks like he can go after the passer you're looking at an even better pass rush.

A55VA6

Legend
brokeu91 said:
He raised a good point about why they wanted more explosive playmakers. He noted that the Rams have such a great pass rush and great DBs (I threw in that), that if we get the lead especially a 2 TD lead our D could become very deadly. Add in Ogletree who looks like he can go after the passer you're looking at an even better pass rush.
Yeah exactly. I feel like if we can take the lead early in games, our D can control the game.

jap

Legend
A55VA6 said:
brokeu91 said:
Yeah exactly. I feel like if we can take the lead early in games, our D can control the game.

That was the GSOT defensive routine: get up by 2-3 TD's and then just pin your ears back and GO!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
jap said:
A55VA6 said:
brokeu91 said:

That was the GSOT defensive routine: get up by 2-3 TD's and then just pin your ears back and GO!
True, but now I believe we have the potential to be a much better pass defending team than those defenses were. I think we can get after the QB from all 4 defensive line positions. Dunbar and Ogletree can rush the passer from the LB position and Finnegan, Jenkins and McDonald from the DB position. We can truly orchestrate some exotic blitzes and just confuse the heck out the QBs we play against.

jap

Legend
brokeu91 said:
jap said:
A55VA6 said:
brokeu91 said:

True, but now I believe we have the potential to be a much better pass defending team than those defenses were. I think we can get after the QB from all 4 defensive line positions. Dunbar and Ogletree can rush the passer from the LB position and Finnegan, Jenkins and McDonald from the DB position. We can truly orchestrate some exotic blitzes and just confuse the heck out the QBs we play against.

That's the beauty of this Gm/scouting system and all-star coaching staff. We are building in all three phases of the game - special teams, offense, and defense.