Kevin Demoff not digging that Bradford article

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[rp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/08/08232012134825.mp3[/rp3]
http://www.101sports.com/templates/audi ... 368&type=s

Rams Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer -
Why does Andre Carter remain on the Rams' radar despite the signing of Vernon Gholston?

Also flat-out discounts the Bradford article. Which, you know, he's gonna do because he's the COO of the Rams, but you can tell he thinks it's just a ridiculous premise to begin with. He "takes it personal" when people take shots at his players, but he also waxes rationale about what it is about Bradford that transcends those ridiculous stat measurements.

Iron Lion

Starter
"I take it personally when anybody takes shots at our players."

"Bradford was able to take a 1-15 team to the brink of the playoffs without great weapons around him."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Iron Lion said:
"I take it personally when anybody takes shots at our players."

"Bradford was able to take a 1-15 team to the brink of the playoffs without great weapons around him."
I see what you're trying to say, but there's quite a difference between honesty (not great weapons) and Worst QB in the NFL. Take a look at the receiving numbers for the 2010 Rams, the average length of time that each receiver had played in the NFL, and the amount of games each one started that year. It's a collective comment, and not so much an indictment of any individual player.

Iron Lion

Starter
I might be mixing two different articles up--was Bradford called the worst in the NFL or the most overrated in the NFL?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Iron Lion said:
I might be mixing two different articles up--was Bradford called the worst in the NFL or the most overrated in the NFL?
Little of both, I guess. Demoff was responding to this, specifically.

You could make a strong case that Bradford is the worst starting quarterback in the league.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Iron Lion said:

Worst, because everyone knows Suh is the most overrated.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Username said:
Iron Lion said:

Worst, because everyone knows Suh is the most overrated.

Nah, the most overrated is easily Nick Fairley. One good year in the SEC, proves that he's one of the dirtiest players in the history of the game, and some thought that he should be the number one overall pick...

:ww:

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Iron Lion said:
Keep it coming. More shots at my d-linemen please.
And whats up with that Vanden Bosch guy, his contacts make him a dirty player! :lol:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Iron Lion said:
Keep it coming. More shots at my d-linemen please.

You know that we're just messing with you, right, Lion?

:cheese:

Iron Lion

Starter
Yeah lol I know. Probably shoulda put a smiley in there.

In all seriousness though I know you all would love to have Suh on your team :p

bluecoconuts

Legend
Iron Lion said:

Ehhhh, yes and no. Over Bradford? No. QB is far more important than DT for a team. Do I like his talent? You bet I do. Do I like his attitude? Not a chance. His excuse for stomping was pretty bad, made him look bad.

If his attitude stays in check though, I love what he can do for a line.

Iron Lion

Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Iron Lion said:

Ehhhh, yes and no. Over Bradford? No. QB is far more important than DT for a team. Do I like his talent? You bet I do. Do I like his attitude? Not a chance. His excuse for stomping was pretty bad, made him look bad.

If his attitude stays in check though, I love what he can do for a line.

I know how you feel, to some extent. Let me give you an example.

Jared Allen, the elite DE, is scum. It wasn't highly publicized, but he punched a dude in the nuts. It was one of those "If you go low on me, I'm hitting your nuts." The guy went low, and Allen did it. But it wasn't made into a big deal because no one saw it.

Getting your arm pit stomped vs getting punched in the nuts? Is there even a comparison here? Not to go way off tangent but, I mean, there's only two good reasons for attacking that part of a man: either because you're a woman, or because you're literally in a fight to the death. There is no other reason for it, there is no place in football for that move.

Despite my stance that he is scum, I'd love for him to be on my Lions. He is a beast, and he has the ability to take games over. You want mean and nasty people on your defense, whether it is Suh or Allen or James Harrison, every defense needs one of those guys.

Obviously QB is more important as you say. But I was still doing cartwheels when you all took Bradford because it meant my Lions got the pick of the litter in the draft. :hehe: