Kentucky Derby

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This is on bucket list to attend. Anyone here ever gone to one?

What horse do u like this year? I'm kinda feeling Revolutionary and Normandy Invasion.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Ramhusker said:

What horse do u like this year? I'm kinda feeling Revolutionary and Normandy Invasion.

I had to spend about 3 weeks out of every month working up in Louisville some years back. Had to do it for about 9 months straight. I was seeing a girl whose parents lived literally right across the street from the track. Their house had a huge upstairs balcony / porch thing built onto it just for "Derby". They just refer to it as "Derby" up there,,, and let me tell you,,, that country-fied city parties DOWN during Derby. They talk about it all year long.

I got to go to one during my time working up there. It was almost as much fun as the girl I was seeing. It was a cool experience though for sure. After the race the party continues throughout the night.

A word of advice if you go... I'd pass on the mint julep. Nasty as hell.

I have no idea what horse to bet on, but I did hear that one of them is named something like "Fear the Kitty" :sly: ... I'd throw a few down on that one.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Selassie I said:
Ramhusker said:

I had to spend about 3 weeks out of every month working up in Louisville some years back. Had to do it for about 9 months straight. I was seeing a girl whose parents lived literally right across the street from the track. Their house had a huge upstairs balcony / porch thing built onto it just for "Derby". They just refer to it as "Derby" up there,,, and let me tell you,,, that country-fied city parties DOWN during Derby. They talk about it all year long.

I got to go to one during my time working up there. It was almost as much fun as the girl I was seeing. It was a cool experience though for sure. After the race the party continues throughout the night.

A word of advice if you go... I'd pass on the mint julep. Nasty as hell.

I have no idea what horse to bet on, but I did hear that one of them is named something like "Fear the Kitty" :sly: ... I'd throw a few down on that one.
"Maker's" on the rocks usually IMA Jack guy but Derby calls for "Maker's"

RIP John R

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://english138.web.unc.edu/files/2011/08/The-Kentucky-Derby-is-Decadent-and-Depraved.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://english138.web.unc.edu/files/201 ... praved.pdf</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Username said:
http://english138.web.unc.edu/files/2011/08/The-Kentucky-Derby-is-Decadent-and-Depraved.pdf
wtf-did-i-just-read.jpg

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
^ lol for real? The man himself. That's one of my favorite from the great white shark hunt.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISNp4xWE3ag[/youtube]

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Was a good one. I guessed 1st and 2nd place but lost out on 3rd. No money bet.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, my picks finished 3rd and 4th, just close enough to piss you off if you bet it.

And thanks for the info George. I think I'll try and do it some year soon.