Kenny Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah, for sure. If Thomas can be like Lloyd, and Spruce can be like a bigger, taller Amendola, and Higbee can be our seam threat with Goff at the helm. It'll be a whole new offense. Hopefully we can see all these guys playing together by mid-season at worst. Kinda anxious to see the vision Snead had for the O take shape.

Same with me, it's a process and you have to look at the bigger picture sometimes.. Which is hard when you're on the outside. I'm not convinced that the coaching staff is the right staff to get the team to the next level, but I think the talent is there and the potential is there, just have to let them develop into something great.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Same with me, it's a process and you have to look at the bigger picture sometimes.. Which is hard when you're on the outside. I'm not convinced that the coaching staff is the right staff to get the team to the next level, but I think the talent is there and the potential is there, just have to let them develop into something great.
I don't think this staff is the right one to get the offense to the next level. Defensively, you couldn't ask for a better group. But maybe Snead is exerting a little authority and is forcing the staff to incorporate a little more firepower by dropping these guys in their laps and making them coach them up. It's like Williams said. He doesn't draft the guys - he just coaches them and makes them better players. You can see where Boras would like to open it up a little. He's scheming Tavon and Britt open a bit more, but they're a bit limited by what Keenum can do. They probably thought they could make a modest improvement (say, 20 pts a game) until Goff got up to speed and then they'd really start to test defenses through the air. We'll see, I guess. I still have a little faith that Boras will continue to evolve throughout the year.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't think this staff is the right one to get the offense to the next level. Defensively, you couldn't ask for a better group. But maybe Snead is exerting a little authority and is forcing the staff to incorporate a little more firepower by dropping these guys in their laps and making them coach them up. It's like Williams said. He doesn't draft the guys - he just coaches them and makes them better players. You can see where Boras would like to open it up a little. He's scheming Tavon and Britt open a bit more, but they're a bit limited by what Keenum can do. They probably thought they could make a modest improvement (say, 20 pts a game) until Goff got up to speed and then they'd really start to test defenses through the air. We'll see, I guess. I still have a little faith that Boras will continue to evolve throughout the year.

There was definitely improvement from week 1 to week 2, so that gives me plenty of hope he can adjust as the season goes. He's also been able to adjust to what his players can do, so that gives me hope there as well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There was definitely improvement from week 1 to week 2, so that gives me plenty of hope he can adjust as the season goes. He's also been able to adjust to what his players can do, so that gives me hope there as well.
Yeah. And you have to believe that once he gets a taste of reeling off large chunks of yards through the air, that he'll start to chase that high a little.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Pair Britt with a top receiver like Alshon, and add a QB that has arm strength and the offense suddenly looks very different.

I am sorry, but Tavon doesn't have that kind of impact. Maybe when Spruce gets healthy but, I still think they need a guy that can catch passes at any depth, especially deep.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm pretty sure hayes had been a good signing from the Titans.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Real happy for Kenny, nice to see him playing so well. Dude made some clutch plays and would have had a truly great game if we had a QB who could put that ball ON him and ON time, would have been over 100 yards with a TD.

But who knows, maybe Case will keep getting better too up until the point that Goff gets his first start. The Shehawks are a tough defense on a QB, so this game vs Tampa is a nice opportunity for the offense to put up some points.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude has always made the most of what he had. We just had nothing.

I predict a Goff/Britt breakout week 5 that doesn't end.

Yea. I think Goff will give Britt what he needs. With a better QB, I think he would have been a 1000 yard WR last year. Britt needs a QB who can hit the deep ball. But the other parts of Britt's game were clicking in Week 2. And it seems like Groh understands how to best make use of his skill-set (crossers, slants, etc.) which is nice.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Yeah, for sure. If Thomas can be like Lloyd, and Spruce can be like a bigger, taller Amendola, and Higbee can be our seam threat with Goff at the helm. It'll be a whole new offense. Hopefully we can see all these guys playing together by mid-season at worst. Kinda anxious to see the vision Snead had for the O take shape.
....plus Cooper.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Thomas makes those kinds of catches, because he has that kind of range and athleticism. Swear the guy looks like Gumby sometimes.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkCHj_PKn2I

Nice catches - when's he going to start? :) I also think that Spruce could be Amendola 2.0, good hands, contesting for every ball, every yard - we need that kinda WR. Our WR situation isn't as bad was some in here say. Britt, Austin, Spruce, Cooper, Thomas and Kendricks and Higbee at TE, they're ok. They're not J.Jones, Beckham Jr or Gronk, but how many of those players are out there?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
There is no reason KB can't be a bonafide #1 WR if he gets a #1 QB to throw it to him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Henry Ellard used to get a similar rap to Britt his first few years with the Rams. Then they went and got Jim Everett, and suddenly Ellard started catching 80 passes a year. Go figure.
yeah....he broke out as a serious wr after some time...he had that small school, Fresno State jacket too...

I can't wait until we get Higbee rolling
Doubt Higbee is ready for the game this year....he was really beat up after that Dallas preseason game...he's developed the case of the drop-sies

Great game from Kenny Britt...he's truly a stud...and with more targets...he's always able to make a play on the ball...I was surprised he's as good as he is...I'd assumed he was JAG....naw, that guys a 1st round pick for a reason....

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Only read 1st page, but been saying since he arrived, he could be the "#1" people get hung up on. He's had, what, 6 or 7 (shoulda) tds over the past 2 years if a qb had an arm? Plus other long-yardage, missed opps due to under and over thrown misfires.

We won't really see his potential until goff gets in there. And if I was fish, that would be this week against the bucs. We should acknowledge what Case, and his ghost vision, is by now and realize he did nothing Goff couldn't do to win that game. Should we just wait until the rams lose a few to make the inevitable change?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Only read 1st page, but been saying since he arrived, he could be the "#1" people get hung up on. He's had, what, 6 or 7 (shoulda) tds over the past 2 years if a qb had an arm? Plus other long-yardage, missed opps due to under and over thrown misfires.

We won't really see his potential until goff gets in there. And if I was fish, that would be this week against the bucs. We should acknowledge what Case, and his ghost vision, is by now and realize he did nothing Goff couldn't do to win that game. Should we just wait until the rams lose a few to make the inevitable change?
Listening to JF's presser today.... doesn't sound like this will be the week for Goff. I'm starting to think.... unless there is an injury, we won't see Goff until after the bye at least