Kenny Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should we keep Kenny Britt with the Rams?

• Heck yeah! 3-5 year contract, top notch WR money

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Sure, but only if we can get him for a decent price

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • No, we have other needs in free agency

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
So as I'm sure you all know Britt signed a one year deal with us in the offseason, so what does everyone think about his future with the Rams?

Personally I think we should keep him around and sign him to a 3-5 year contract with a small to medium amount of guaranteed money, not a top dollar WR contract. Obviously he hasn't had a huge year due to QB play and other receivers emerging, but he has been a HUGE part of our receiving corps and offense for several reasons:

-experience
-leadership for the young players
-another big target to pair up with Quick and our TE's
-emotion and fire to spark to offense

Once Quick went down he obviously became the #1 option on offense and he's made some great deep catches. Just imagine what he can do once we get a competent QB.... Lastly, you can clearly see his effect on the rest of the offense, everyone plays with emotion and is firey. Britt has been a great team player this season as well. Not once has he been selfish or immature (other than the sex tape ordeal in the offseason, but that was before the season).

And that is why I believe we should and will sign Britt to an extension this offseason.

Philly5

Rookie
Hope he is back, but not for top notch WR money. Britt, Quick, Bailey, Tavon, and Cook are best receivers we have had in a long, long time.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think the fit here is mutually advantageous.

FRO

Legend
Not top notch money, but he has to be returned. His numbers aren't great, but he has played better than his numbers indicate. Big play ability. With a better QB his numbers would be great. Good signing.

jjab360

Legend
I'd say something like 2 years, 8-10 million with maybe another optional year and a big chunk of incentives just in case.

Don't see any other team valuing him more than we do, they all still probably see him as a knucklehead. Seriously doubt he gets out of here one way or another.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I'd say something like 2 years, 8-10 million with maybe another optional year and a big chunk of incentives just in case.

Don't see any other team valuing him more than we do, they all still probably see him as a knucklehead. Seriously doubt he gets out of here one way or another.
I think you're wrong. I think there are plenty of teams within our own damn division that would pay top notch money for a big bodies WR like Britt. We better lock his ass up ASAP for real

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Not for top notch money, but we need to make it happen. I think the great thing is that Kenny Britt wants to be here. He's said this is the best locker room and atmosphere he's ever been in, and I don't see him wanting to leave. Obviously we're going to want to keep him, so I think we lock him up.

jjab360

Legend
I think you're wrong. I think there are plenty of teams within our own damn division that would pay top notch money for a big bodies WR like Britt. We better lock his ass up ASAP for real
You seriously think somebody's paying top notch money for someone with Britt's past, reputation, and on-field inconsistency? Also, he's been pretty good this year, but it's not like he's set the world on fire, he's only on pace for about 700 yards. Like I said, I don't think there's anyone out there who would value him more than we do especially when just looking at what's on the surface.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the fit here is mutually advantageous.

I was about to say the same. Britt wants to be here and we want him here. Think he'll get a 3 year deal without a ton of guaranteed money.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Great part about it is that while valuable here, he hasn't put up the big numbers necessary to garner a huge contract.

FRO

Legend
Great part about it is that while valuable here, he hasn't put up the big numbers necessary to garner a huge contract.
Plus this has the chance to be an epic free agent WR class. Britt would get lost in that.

He plays well for Fisher, I think every team should take that into consideration.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
You seriously think somebody's paying top notch money for someone with Britt's past, reputation, and on-field inconsistency? Also, he's been pretty good this year, but it's not like he's set the world on fire, he's only on pace for about 700 yards. Like I said, I don't think there's anyone out there who would value him more than we do especially when just looking at what's on the surface.
He hasn't gotten in trouble this year, so yea I think it's possible. I also think other teams are well aware of the fact that he's in a new system, gone through three qbs and is still making plays.
We can agree to disagree, I don't mind if you're wrong on this one:whistle:

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah I could see the Seahawks going after him hard. But honestly, there's no way I could see Britt doing that to us. The reason he'll stay in STL is because of Fisher. Players respect him and Fisher is the reason Britt got his second chance.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Yeah I could see the Seahawks going after him hard. But honestly, there's no way I could see Britt doing that to us. The reason he'll stay in STL is because of Fisher. Players respect him and Fisher is the reason Britt got his second chance.
The almighty $$$ has been know to destroy even the strongest of bonds.

How bout we just pay the man and not have to worry bout it. I know you and Snead are tight, hook it up for me:LOL:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Tough choices, but I picked reasonable money, although, I think it should be in between reasonable, and top notch. His contributions have not gone unnoticed by the fan base, or the FO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like Britt... But... He still has enough red flags to minimize the size of his deal.

Again; I see a deal with the Rams as win win.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Hell yea he needs to be back. He won't command top notch money... he isn't worth top notch money... His production doesn't warrant a big salary which is good for us.